Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Hi, ladies.

I'm sorry some of you are having rough days. I actually have had a painful 2-3 days and I thought I was losing my mind, because I thought the further away you get from surgery, the BETTER you are supposed to feel! I thought something was wrong with me!

Am thinking of taking a drive tomorrow w/ DH to see the flowers. Scared I'll get tired and ruin it for everybody but I sure would like to get out and get some of this sunshine.

Quick question for those who had abdominal: anybody know when stitches might start to come out? I haven't seen anything yet when I wipe, but it's only been 2 weeks. Just wanted to know what to look for, and when.

Chin up, all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 02:08 PM

Joyeanne:

OMG! There really IS a Mister Hystersisters website. And I thought my husband was on to something. I had no idea.

Thanks,

KIM
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:11 PM

AmyMann
My doc said from my LSH that they go in (through skin, flesh, fat, etc...) and literally lift the ab wall to give them space to prevent nicking anything.

It's why the tummy bruises so much and ache and those muscles need to regroup to heal.

joyeanne
No , not fun but he has lost so many loved ones from one thing or another he just automatically thinks the worse first and then happy to be proven wrong

Jazzy
Ok, I am not stupid and don't need too much info.
I got oral, of course, but digital?
Hand I take it?
Never heard it put that way before

LMAO!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 02:32 PM

i'm slow on that one too cuz i wasn't sure if digital meant hand=do it yourself or finger=short enough to not hurt
Hows that for graphic ladies. No intention to offend, just having fun
Kim123 click on the MEN tabb on the left hand side of main page, it takes you to their site for men. Cheers
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:40 PM

Amymann-

Mersey was told the same thing my Dr. told me. I was scheduled for a Laprascopic/Vag. hyster, and the the Dr. stuck to the plan, even though he found out that during the operation that my uterus was 4x larger than normal and could not be removed vaginally. Since I have a hystery ( ha ha) of blood clots he wanted to avoid going abdominally or giving me an epesiotomy (sp?). So, he used his patience, skill and 30 years of experience and removed a 1lb lump from a 1-inch incision on my leftside. He had to cut the uterus into sections and pull it outpiece by piece with some sort of suction machine. He actually took pictures of the entire process along with my ovarian cyst and uterus prior to it being removed. That "tool" didn't look like it could fit inito a 1-inch incision. Sounds gross, but its actually kinda cool in a sick way...I guess. But, I can see why I would be sore. Anyway, he told me that I was going to be quite sore on the left side because he had to "manipulate" me quite a bit on the table. Plus, there were extra stitches on the that side (internally) to make sure I didn't get a hernia At this point, my left side is sore on the top of the skin, and also underneath all around that incision site. My other three lapro incisions are about 1/2-inch long and have just about completely healed. I too only had 1 external stitch and that was on the left side, which the dr. has already removed. The sensation on my left side is also..well...kinda tickly. I don't really know how to explain it. If I do too much it lets me know...like today when I was helping hubby in the garden. Anyway, I hope that helps.

I thought you were joking about the Hyster Misters site...LOL. I'll let my hubby know....but only after he does the vaccuuming

I hope those feeling like crap today will feel much better soon.
Unread 04-05-2007, 02:46 PM

Georgiascuba: What part of Georgia are you from? Turning out to be a nice, cool day...sunshine is wonderful...pollen, UGH! I see from your profile you like to jog. I am a runner also and really miss it. Doc said to wait a few more weeks. Missing endorphin HIGH!

Joyeanne: Showed my husband the Mister Hystersisters. I can't believe that was there and I missed it. I thought that was so funny when he said it and then I started thinking, yea, they should have it. Low and behold, there it is! Thanks for pointing it out.

AmyMann: Welcome! I had an LSH and I am one of the lucky ones. No problems. Healed really well.

Kim
Unread 04-05-2007, 03:00 PM

Hi Kim, I am in Roswell GA. Today WAS a pretty day, but a little chilly! The pollen only made me sneeze once, and I felt it coming so I had time to clamp down over the incision area. I miss jogging too but my energy level is too low. I have enjoyed walking to the mailbox and back!

horizon, I haven't seen my stitches pass either, and I'm 15 days post-op. So you're not alone!
Unread 04-05-2007, 03:06 PM

Me too!! Uterus was 5x normal size and weight; he used a "morcelator" to get it out. When he had said hematoma he also was talking about a pool of blood there which I assumed was why I had no bruising at that incision but on the "good" one (which never hurt) I was bruised to beat the band. Which I think makes sense .. isn't a bruise from the blood under the skin so if the bleeding was just under then there is no bruise? I can remember my son falling on his face and resulting in a huge swollen spot on the forehead which they called a hematoma as well.. but it never bruised that I recall.

I probably should ask the dr. to clarify more but early on I was on pain pills and not too clear headed but at the 2 wk yesterday he just said it was healing all internally and I never get the guts to press for more than he gives me. So I am assuming alot, hence why I am grateful for your replies in helping me make sense of it all.
Unread 04-05-2007, 03:07 PM

Wow Kim that is wonderful! I am jealous but happy for you. So you had no problem/pain at the incision sites - or as the dr called them "port" sites ?
Unread 04-05-2007, 03:22 PM

Hi Ladies, by digital I did mean 'fingers'. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. I just thought that sounded better.

Horizon, I had a TAH and haven't seen stitches yet. In fact I was never told I would, but I guess it makes sense since at my 2nd post op visit today, my doctor removed the steri-strips on my incision and did say there are still 'internal' stitches. I just assumed they'd dissolve because most do when done that way.

AmyMann - to HysterSisters! You'll find a wealth of knowledge here and some really wonderful ladies!!

Kim123, still gotta give hubby points for his suggestion! Creativity at it's best! I've seen the "For Men" tab, but never thought to look there.

Just got up from a nap. Feeling a little bit better, though still quite blah.

Hope all are doing well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register