Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Becky, it's okay to have a 'pity party' for yourself. You're going through a lot right now. I can't have sex either, and our dates are the same. I go back on 5/3 - hopefully to get the okay and that the darn thing hasn't dried out in the interim!

I always tease BF and tell him to buy a vat of K-Y so he can just dunk me in when necessary!

Cantancerous....wow, that's a great word! Smile, sweets, better days are coming!!!

s Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 05:49 PM

Thanks, Paula. I'm so emotional that just reading your post made me tear up. I have emotions in over-drive. I was watching a decorating show and they framed a picture of the woman's pet cat that had just passed away. I cried. Blech!! I've slowed way down on the vicodin and am only taking one or two a day but I'm tempted to have a glass of wine anyways.

Becky P.
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
15 Day Anniversary

I was thinking of you ladies and thought I would drop a note on my 15th day of recovery. I would have written sooner but I was very tired last week and I think it is because I wasn't getting enough exercise.

So today I went to the Mall and had a little spending spree which made up for the Dentist appointment I had on Monday. Ironically, I also got a 'summary statement' from the hospital on all the charges I incurred. Another bill to take care of.

I'm going to call the DR tomorrow and ask if I can go back to work a week early. Technically, I don't have to go back until the 23rd but I feel OK and would like to ease back in to the routine.

I hope all is well with everyone. Cheers,

P.S. As a side note, has anyone felt numbness on the front part of their thigh? My right thigh has been numb since I left the hospital. Not so numb that I can't feel anything but enough to be noticed, if you know what I mean. It's difficult to explain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2007, 06:07 PM

You're very welcome, Becky. I'm so sorry you're such in emotional overdrive. It really tugs at my heart to know one of my sisters is feeling so blue. Wish I could do more. Just know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

The vicodin could be your problem. Some meds have side effects and that could be it. I'd ask your doctor or what you're doing by cutting back is probably a good idea.

Please feel better! s!
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Becky, I'm so sorry your are feeling so blue too! I've been thinking of you today!

I did have my first outting tonight...it sure did feel good, I really wasn't looking forward to it but once I got out in the brisk fresh air (31degrees) it felt great. Now I'm wiped and heading off to bed.

I sure hope everyone is feeling that little bit better tomorrow!
Unread 04-05-2007, 06:22 PM

Becky
You've been going through an awful lot so it is allowed not to be perky and cheerful 24/7.
You are not at 100% and that alone is a heavy burden to us moms who tend to take care of everything so life is smooth for those who "don't get it" when we get snappy.
We all know what each other is going through, at least to some extent, even if some of us are breezing through this or having problems.
Our bodies have been put through the ringer so it throws us off and will continue to until we get better.
You go right ahead and whine, complain, rant, etc... whatever you need.
It's why we are all here, to support each other.

And yes, I am aware that is either so sweet it will make you gag or so sweet you are going to cry.

I've got plenty of tissue
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:32 PM

Hey there,

Sorry I haven't been online - internet was down since late last night . . . I have a LOT of reading to do to catch up from yesterday - about 8 pages, I think??? WOW.

Becky, hang in there, GF. We're all here for you, and we all have a spare shoulder for you to cry/whine on. Since we're all going through the same or similar thing, who better to understand than your hyster-sisters?

I'm really tired - long, busy day today. Maybe I'll get some sleep for a change?? I'll try to catch up with everybody else tomorrow. If I can't fall asleep, then I'll play catch-up tonight!

Later!
Suzie
Unread 04-05-2007, 11:44 PM

Can't sleep.
Not sure if I did too much or that one cup of coffee affected me.
Been so long since I had a full cup or more than one (had one this morning and one after supper) so it may have *lol*

So I thought of a story to tell.

Ladies who have tender tummies may want to hold them.

My son and daughter were at the mall a few weeks ago.
This guy was selling some sort of sea salt exfoliating scrub.
He had them use it on their hands and it really made them soft.
My son is training to be an electrician so uses his hands a lot and even he noticed a difference in just one wash.
The salesman, he sounded French according to my daughter, was building up to the sales pitch.
He looks at my 18yr old daughter and says "Imagine having those soft hands over your body."
My son and daughter were a little shocked since he was refering to my son.
At the same time they spoke
"He's my brother"
"She's my sister"

The salesman was mortified and apologized profusely.

I bet he asks before he starts the sales pitch "Are you related?" from now on
Unread 04-06-2007, 12:38 AM

Mersey,
That is too funny! I have been approached by the salesmen in our mall too and they do have some pretty odd sales pitches, now every time I go to the mall and see one of these guys I'll think of your story.

I am also having trouble with coffee, and before the surgery I drank 2 to 3 cups a day, now I cant drink even a cup before I get all jittery, jeezo! I guess this would be a good time to quit drinking the stuff, God knows I could save a bundle on Starbucks.

Becky, I know you are sad, but things will get better, just read Mersey's story again and you will crack a smile. It's nice to have friends to talk to like this, although we all haven't met, I feel like I know you just from reading these messages.

Hugs!
Unread 04-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Another lovely day

Morning girls!

Beautiful day here. This is my eighth time to get up and it is lovlier each and every time. I don't know what's going on but I'm in quite a bit of pain since last night. So, it's been hard to sleep and when I do I have weird dreams... lol. I think talking to all of the americans here has affected me because last night I dreamt that I was in america and got all excited because I was going to get to go to WalMart!

Joye: I'm very sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I have been through a first trimester m/c and it was devestating. I didn't know that about Glucophage, but had heard that some antibiotics will render BC pills useless. Anyway, none of that matters when you've been through losing a pregnancy. It is an awful experience.

Becky(clinpic): I wish I could give you a hug...you're going through so much right now. Don't worry about feeling low, it will pass. I'm having lots of mood swings myself and have been known to laugh at a silly joke only to then wind up bawling two minutes later because of a toothpaste commercial I saw on TV. Don't know what that is. Hormones, I guess?

AmyM. :welcome! It's nice to read your posts. I look forward to knowing you better. Hematomas are awful. yuck! So sorry you're going through that too. I have been on the mend since mine acted up, but last night started hurting really badly again so I'm a little worried I might have to see a doc about it. Hope not.

SafeOne: congrats on your 2-Weeks!!! I have read that the numbness could be nerve damage from the surgery and might go away. Have you told your doc about this? Keep us updated, ok??

Mersey: LOL about the salesman. What a goofball. Glad to hear that your DH and you are feeling close. I think all of you girls who are thinking about sex in any shape or form are very brave. That is the furthest thing from my mind about now. lol....

Jazzy!!!!!! Heya sis! How are you mending today? I can't believe we're approaching the three weeks mark on Monday. It seems like just yesterday you were telling me on the pre-op board that we'd be going through this together. I hope you have a lovely day!

SuzieQ: So glad to hear that you went for a nice walk. I think I should do the same. It's gorgeous weather here, although not so warm, but nonetheless the sunshine would do me some good. Maybe I'll sit out on the deck with a blanket wrapped around me and see if I can't take a little nap.

Well, I'm on my second cup of coffee and still hurting so I'm going to go hop in the shower and see if a little hydrotherapy helps. I hope this is a great morning for all of you. And to you night owls... nighty night!!

-Miette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register