Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

I guess we all experience this differently, huh? I was surprised (pleasently) that I had no discharge. But at first I thought something was wrong with me! I'm glad you are feeling better. Funny, I feel worse as I had no real symptoms from the fibroids. No bleeding since the ablation. So now they are gone...these things that weren't really bugging me and I feel like crap! I know its temporary though and because of a family history of uterine cancer, it had to be done. Hope your bleeding lets up soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2007, 05:23 PM

TC231 - to HysterSisters.....I'm sorry you're feeling so down. Like groovydiva said, you're in good company. All of us have some feelings of loss or depression. It's major surgery and for some it's the end of their ability to have children - which breaks my heart.

Hopefully your doctor will be able to prescibe the correct 'cocktail' of HRT to make you feel better.

Please know that all the sisters are here for you. We all take turns venting our feelings..........read the posts prior and become familiar with all of us. As groovydiva said, in a few weeks, more then likely you'll be on a better, more positive route and will be feeling more like yourself. :wink:

Sending you healing thoughts and a big ! Paula
Unread 04-06-2007, 05:34 PM

l also have had no discharge whatsoever since surgery 3/20. THANK GOD! I also had an ablation (1.5 yrs ago)that was not a success. I "weeped" forever; my period never stopped and fibroids continued to grow (to grapefruit size). The biggest fear I have is (since I did LSH and kept the cervix) the "CHANCE" for light periods/spotting in the future.. And the doc told me that there have been cases of fibroids growing on the cervix.. Can you imagine going thru this crap AGAIN??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2007, 05:51 PM

GREAT - I had this long, nice note written out and I deleted it all trying to make it have fancy numbered points. DUMB!!!!!

Oh well, in a nutshell now....
I just wanted to tell all the people who were feeling down that there are so many nice sisters on this site who will offer you words of kindness and encouragement.

This is a very emotional time - especially if you are also dealing with the loss of not being able to have children or more children. That is something I have struggled with and we are now hoping to adopt, but that is another long adventure in itself.

My UTI is a little better - still in a little pain but hopefully will feel better soon. Migraines are better too.

I had my husband pick up some books for me to read this weekend from the library: For Laci by Sharon Rocha and Lucky Man, a memoir by Michael J. Fox.

I guess that's about it. Will check back in soon...
Unread 04-06-2007, 05:59 PM

No Amy, I can't imagine going throug this again, In fact prior to all of this I was seriously thinking about having a tummy tuck, because I have lost about 30 pounds and have a saggy ugly belly, but after this I don't think I will be having any more abdominal incisions unless it is an emergency... This really *****! I can live with a saggy belly all I have to do is remind myself of this whole experience.
TC231 I'm sorry you're sad I've been emotional myself, but can't have HRT due to DVT's from birth control pills. You really should tell your DR like Jazzy said, maybe he/she can perscribe something that will help. Please know that we all care about you and your mental health, please tell us how you are doing we want to help... I hope you have an understanding BF or DH it really helps. This is something I tell my DH when I'm having a MELT DOWN "just get down on your knees and thank God you're a man, so you don't have to go through this." It probably doesn't help but it makes me feel better. HUGS! BJenkins
Unread 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM

Hi Amy.. Nice to "meet" you..

Unfortunately, I had to undergo an abdominal hysterectomy. I've had 3 prior c-sections - so there was too much scar tissue to do it any other way. I had advanced adenomyosis and lots of adhesions.

I finally made it 24 hours without taking pain meds (at least prescription meds) so I think I'm slowly healing. I just wish the pressure was a little less. I assume that gets better as time goes on...
Unread 04-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Hi again to everyone

Ventured out to Walmart today, hubby was so worried that someone would bump into me but everything went well (my personal chauffeur dropped me off and picked me up at the door. Knew it was time to go home when I got b_itchy with the salesperson who tried to sign me up for 1 of those department credit cards! She said she was only doing her job.
JPgurl: So sorry to hear about your Dad in the hospital. I know how hard it is when those close to us are sick and I think that this time we are taking to recuperate makes us step back and realize how much we do for others. It's hard not to feel guilty when we feel the need to help. Take care of yourself.
Teacherjpm: Hi Jane, I received my lifetime membership at WW a month ago and have actually lost an additional 5 lbs since my surgery. I am actually following the core program and this has worked for me. I started last September and actually never counted a point. Since I only had about 20 lbs to lose I was and am focusing on the health aspect of things. Trying to reduce fat, sugar and increase fiber intake. It was when my ObGyn sent me for blood tests that I found out that not only was I extremely anemic but that my cholesterol was up slightly. Now that my university courses are over, I am focusing on my overall health (both physical and mental) I have to soon schedule an apppointment for a colonoscopy as I have a few problems in that area. Working towards a complete overhaul!!
Hope that you are all feeling better soon- I feel really connected to you all and have learned far more that my doctor has told me.
Have to sign of now since my midsection is really hurting ( I need a couple of Advil)
Talk to you soon
Mary
Unread 04-06-2007, 06:38 PM

I had my TAH/BSO on 3/23. I haven't had to take any pain meds other than Motrin and Tylenol since the 27th. Other than some tenderness in my abdominal swellybelly area I think I am doing great. I have drank plenty of water and walked and have taken it easy for the first 2 weeks. I want to increase my activities starting Tues. after I see the surgeon for follow up. He told me I had 6 fibroid tumors along with cysts on my ovaries. He held his hands up in front of him and said 'it' was the size of a small dinner plate and he guessed about 5 pounds. I was having bad back/sciatic nerve pain into my leg and foot and abnormal bleeding, along with bladder issues. I have NONE of that now and am so thankful. The swelly belly band has been wonderful and I would suggest it to everyone.
Unread 04-06-2007, 08:53 PM

Wow! Mills8868, you really must have been in bad shape with all those tumors and cycst on your ovaries. I'm so happy for you now that all the bad stuff is over. I only had one fibroid on my right ovary and I had quit a bit of pain from that, so I can only imagine how bad you were hurting. It sounds like you are well on your way to better health. Hugs! Brenda
Unread 04-06-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherjpm
I too have that 'pain' in my right butt cheek....especially noticable in the car today.

My reading frenzy has stopped suddenly. I just feel too foggy to concentrate. Watching HGTV and Style (Clean House is my new favorite) is about all I can comprend. Hope this clears up soon, this brain fog. !
Hey Jane, The worst pain I had was in my right butt cheek. My dr said it was because of the nerve that runs over the ligament where they re-attached the top of my vagina because of the prolapse. Don't know if you had any prolapse repair but maybe its what is causing your pain as well? By the way, I love Clean House and Ms. Neesy Nash ! She cracks me up with her "attitude." Besides that, I have to put zero brain energy into watching that show.

TC231, I'm so sorry for the hurt and pain. I can only say I can fully sympathize and thank God for this support group. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Miette, how are you? I really am praying things turn around for you. What a struggle you've had.

Mercey, here's a pet story for you (I love your cat and its need for attention). We have these two mastiffs. Our male mastiff has something going on with his stomach so every time he is upset and barks, he farts. If he runs too hard, he farts. When he jumps up on the bed, he farts. If he thinks he's being ignored, I swear he farts. I think he's causing me injury. I'm just too delicate right now for that...Ick!

All the rest: I'm sorry, I'm such a dead head that I can't even keep up with all of us anymore. I pray you are feeling better and that you are staying encouraged with every positive step forward.

Ok, the rest of you newbies. Hi, hello and welcome to this wonderful support group.

Well I've made it all day today on three motrin, no vicodin. I'm hoping to make it a full 24 hours, but we'll see if I can manage to go to sleep first.

Dh and I went in and played cards with some friends. We have a standing Friday night Texas holdem poker game (only play for fun, no money) and I got to kick butt tonight and win, yay! Plus did some Easter shopping beforehand - new shirts for the kids plus the ever necessary chocolate Easter bunnies.

Well, thats it for now. I'm gonna head to bed.
Love and hugs,
Becky P.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register