Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 03-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

I have no staples or stitches on the surface. I have 3 inner layers of stitches and a glue like substance called Dermabond covering the incision! It's wonderful. Nothing to change, don't have to cover it up when showering. Beano is wonderful for gas, too. The peppermint gas-x strips are better than any others.

Prune juice is a wonderful laxative. Pour it COLD on ice, add a packet of Equal and drink. DOn't drink more than about 6-8 ounces or you'll have pure diarrhea. It works in about an hour. DH knew this one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2007, 07:30 AM

Day 5 post op-feeling really good. Actually I feel for all of you with the gas and bowel issues. I have always been regular and thank goodness my body went back to normal-I suffered with gas 24 hours post op but had a BM that night and 2-3 every day since-sorry about TMI. Vicki I feel for you and the blues. I was feeling blue yesterday afternoon-dh took me to Sonic and we sat outside and I had a Strawberry-bananna smoothie. I think being down is natural -also think it's a side effect from getting off the vicodin-at least for me. Took the last Vicoprofen yesterday morning and have had a nagging headache ever since. Geez I can see how people get addicted to that stuff so easily. Only taking 1 200mg Advil every 6 hours-and no pain-yippee. My biggest problem is that I've realized I'm and exercise addict. I'm addicted to the endomorphins released in exercise and right now I NEED A FIX. I feel very edgy and I know there's nothing I can do to release those endomorphins because I can't do anything to get my heart rate up high enough. I'm hoping to do 1/2 mile at least once today if not twice. I get to go to the hospital tomorrow to get my staples out. I lost 3 more pounds of fluid yesterday and that's really helped bring my BP down. Remember girls We will live to ride (insert your favorite activity here) another day. That's been my mantra.
Unread 03-25-2007, 12:17 PM

Hello again. I had a very good night's sleep last night - on my stomach, no less. I feel good today with only some tightness in the abdominal area. There's been some clear vaginal discharge and had a small BM last night, too.

It is beautiful today and I want so bad to go outside and take a walk but I know it may be too soon.

I can't tell you how much I worked myself up into a lather over this. Being by myself, it was easy to get carried away with fear and dread but I can honestly say that the experience is not what I thought it would be. On a scale from 1 to 10 (where 10 is worse), I would rate the entire experience only a 3 and this includes the discomfort level of getting out of bed and walking around.

I go to the office this Weds. to have the staples removed and that's when I'm going to ask for all the gory details. I still don't know what type of fibroid I had.

Thanks for all for your support and the private messages I've been receiving - you have no idea how comforting these were to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2007, 01:01 PM

I've been pretty good at flipping from side to back to side but it doesn't feel as good as on the old stomach.
Unread 03-25-2007, 01:56 PM

It took me a day or so but I was determined because it's the only way for me to get a decent night's sleep. When I woke in the morning, I noticed I wasn't as stiff, either.

The hospital bed did not help matters. For the two days I was there, I think I got a total of 6 hours of recupertive sleep.
Unread 03-25-2007, 02:40 PM

I love sleeping on my left side, so that's been a plus, but I love to get on my stomach from time to time for a chnage. I was going to ask my Dr. about that tomorrow when I get the staples removed, but there were no restrictions.....guess it's a personal thing and whether or not you can muster the guts.
Unread 03-25-2007, 09:27 PM

I am 3 days PO after TVH,Burch Bladder, & Rectocele repair, My DR placed a super pubic catheter has anyone had one of these? Just wondering because my nurses were a little confused?
Unread 03-25-2007, 10:26 PM

Oh how I wish I could at least sleep on my side!

Legs are swollen, spent half the day in bed.
It helped.

Slept a full 4hrs last night!

Don't need to pee every hour on the hour any more, but still have the pulling sensation

LMAO!!!!! The poopy song......

Just happy to have a movement. I've heard some people have a really hard time of it.
Just wish the gas would get under control.
Unread 03-25-2007, 11:18 PM

I had my hyster Friday morning. I have had a few spells where I have had some bad pains, but they didn't last long, and I think they were really from gas. All in all, this has not been a bad experince for me. But I am wondering something. I am reading about some ladies having alot of swelling, so far, for me this has not been the case. I have a tiny bit of swelly belly, but not much. Also, I have not had any swelling in my feet, hands, face, etc. Could this happen later? I dont want to be freaked out and call my DR for no reason if it is normal for the swelling to come a few days after. I am staying on top of my water consumption, eating alot of fiber, drinking plenty of ensure and taking my gas-x. Last night I had a round with bad pain and I was concerned that my OnQ wasn't working properly, so my DR finally called me back and told me it sounded like I had gas ( I felt so stupid, and she talked to me like I was too, for not knowing it ) so she told me to go for a short walk. I guess I finally walked the gas out, lol, because after I "walked" it out I felt a bit better. I wish all of you a great recovery. I hope mine continues down the same path as it is now. So far, so good.
Unread 03-26-2007, 06:49 AM

toxicbetty, I doubt you have much to worry about with swelling at this point. Like you, I didn't experience much either, and still haven't. I did notice, while in the hospital the first two days, that my fingers looked a bit puffy and was told it was due to the anesthesia and pain meds which can stay with you for a while. My belly is still a bit swollen (either that or I have to finally realize it's fat and not swollen)

Don't ever feel stupid for having called your doctor - and shame on her for making you feel that way. In this whole experience, gas pains have attributed to 80% of the pain I've had, which I wasn't expecting. I'm still getting some, though it seems by popping a few tums, it goes away rather quickly and by walking around. Having regular BM's should relieve you of that, too. Remember, this is a whole new experience for us......we've heard what others have gone through but knew our experiences wouldn't necessarily mirror anyone elses. Relax, hon, and should the need arise again, hold your chin up and make that call. We're not doctors!!

Sending positive thoughts, , smooches and get well wishes for everyone's speedy recoveries! Pray for all of you every night (and for all of our LIW!!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register