Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

hi jazzyfromnj...since we're supposed to use this forum for social discussions, i thought i would ask you again about something that i posted several days ago. i was wondering if you have ever been to "the bitter end" blues/jazz club where apparently bob dylan used to perform. my husband, myself and our 2 friends visited n.y.c. last summer and that was the highlight of our trip. it was jam night. the talent coming in off the street was awesome! there was even a "johnny cash" sound-alike amongst the blues/rockers. there was a young man who was an amazing drummer...he had obviously been burned to most of his body (i was wondering, maybe it happened during 9/11), his hands were terribly deformed, and his face as well. none of this affected his ability to perform...extremely talented. that was the highlight of our trip, that night. it's a very small place, old wooden chairs and tables and not too much of an audience. we sat right beside the stage. i have never seen that much talent before!

i also wondered if you've heard of the play "lieutenant of innishmore", called the "bloodiest play on broadway"...irish troubles but with resonance today. you don't hear anyone talking about it. i spent a lot of time researching which play to see (our friends don't like musicals so we were somewhat limited) and this sounded unique. unfortunately i came down with a migraine at dinner that night, so i had to go back to the hotel asap and i missed the play. however, my friends and my husband loved it. i hope to go back someday to see it and i would love to go back to "the bitter end", not the most luxurious setting...very simple but talent like no other (jam night at least).

just wondering. hope everyone is well. it's after midnight, so time to take my meds and go to bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2007, 10:20 PM

Just wondering, if we have had a bad day, that involves what we think is due to our hyster are we not allowed to vent here? Especially if there are no real concerns or questions involved? Like our emotional ups and downs, etc?? Or even if we have had a good day and we feel our hyster is progressing well? An option to this, if we aren't allowed to do that here at this site, is maybe make an e-mail or yahoo group. Something like that.
Unread 04-07-2007, 10:42 PM

Hey everyone!

Well, I did a big no-no and went to Wal-Mart tonight . . . Yup - I'm hurting. I'm really tired and the very ends of my incision (both sides) kinda ache. Oh, well - this site warned me not to go there!

My daughter and daughter-in-law will be fixing Easter dinner tomorrow and told me I wasn't to bring a thing! Of course the guilt kicks in, so I'm going to make a couple of dishes that will be fairly simple to throw together. Also bringing dessert - store-bought this time around . . .

Becky (clinpic) - so glad to hear that your two youngest are doing well, and how exciting for you to have your oldest home for the weekend!! Enjoy your time with him and the rest of your clan!

Angie (angelic) - my son's birthday is May 14th! He'll be 25 (OMG - where did the time go???). Looks like there are a lot of May babies! Oh, I collect cookbooks as well - just love them - and also search for recipes online. I love to cook and love to try new recipes - never know when you might find a new favorite dish!

mersey - I think you were the one complaining about cold feet? Same thing for me - my hands and feet have been cold for the past couple of days. Just could not get warm even under the down comforter on my bed. Finally stuck my feet under my cat (who was sleeping on top of the comforter) - he was not impressed, but my feet warmed up!

TC123 - so glad you had a nice dinner! It's good to get out sometimes - I think that helps improve my mood even though I do get tired.

Jazzy - a reunion sounds like fun! I'm in! And, BTW, I found this site completely by accident as well, and I feel so lucky and so blessed that I found all of y'all in doing so.

Mz. V - I haven't gone to the games section, but now I'll have to check it out. Need something to keep me focused even if it's only for a few minutes!

Cindy (bas4cas) - Wow, 3 surgeries in 18 months?? Bless your heart, GF - I sure hope this last one fixed all your problems and IS the last one you'll have!

Kim - congrats on the walk! Awesome, my friend! I'm looking forward to the day when I can do that as well. Missing my work-outs . . . . .

Amy (toxicbettie) - sorry you're feeling so yuck. I had a nasty stomach virus the days leading up to the surgery and was absolutely miserable. Can't imagine going through that AFTER the surgery. I hope tomorrow's a better day for you!

Rabbit757 - I think I way overdid it this week as well. Last night I finally got some sleep, but felt tired all day. I ended up taking a few little naps, and it took me forever to get completely awake from the second one. And, of course, I overdid it again tonight. I need to listen to my body!!

Ouch, SafeOne! Sure hope you're okay!!

bjenkins - I envy your ability to run a half-marathon! That is awesome. I can't run a lick - not even when I was young. I just don't have the stamina, I guess . . . .

Well, the Tylenol PMs are kicking in and the bed's calling my name. Hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing, restful night!

Happy Easter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2007, 10:46 PM

hi toxicbettie...i believe chit-chat is encouraged even if it's related to your progress, esp. if it's of an emotional nature. i could be wrong, but i think that the hostess wants us to post anything of a medical nature on the open forums where others can see and possibly benefit from our experience or offer their advice. it's always good to vent, so take a chance and let us know how you are.

(i'm a little confused too)!
Unread 04-07-2007, 11:03 PM

OK, I guess I kinda understand. I will have to go back and re-read what was said by the hostess. I was thinking she said we couldn't post anything hyster related. I would think that would kinda be hard to do, especially since this is a common bond that ties us all together. I realize the importance of posting in the open forum if we have questions or concerns, but it's just nice to talk with others who are progressing at the same time we are. But I do know that I have gotten a wealth of information for ladies who have already been there when I have a problem too.
But at the moment, I dont really have anything to vent about. I'm still feeling yucky. Not sure why, may be due to this kidney/bladder infection I have. Not sure if it is going away or not. I still have pretty bad pain on the left side and under my navel. Which that is what my DR said was causing my pain. I go back on Monday, so I guess we'll see what she says then.
Unread 04-07-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinpic
I'm here too. Count me in. Yay, yay, yay. Thanks for rescuing me . I can't believe how I am bonding to all of you and was really quite upset this morning as I bet I check our post-op recovery forum at least a million times a day. Hope this is allowable and works.

Becky P.
IF its not allowable we could always start a group on my space or make up a Yahoo group there th possibiltes are endless
Unread 04-08-2007, 12:02 AM

I am 17 days post-op (March 21) and still taking Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) too! Nothing else seems to work. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one still on meds. I've had crying spells also, for no reason.
To all of you a big
Tomorrow is Easter, I wish you all a happy & blessed day w/ your family & friends.

Your Hyster Sister,
KimberJ
Unread 04-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Hello Sisters!!

Good Morning Girls and Happy Easter/Happy Spring!

Thank you, Jazzy and Becky P. for remembering me. I got the invitation as a private message and was able to find you all! How cozy we all are here. Lovely!

Well, it's been many beautiful days here with blue skies and sunshine. I had a rough evening last night, which I will post about in the recovery thread. Having some trouble getting going this morning.

I'm so envious of you, Kim and JpGurl who are up and exercising again. I wish so much I had a treadmill so I could really walk and feel safe at the same time. I'm diabetic and experiencing lows in my blood sugar so I don't feel safe about walking around the neighborhood alone. I will have to ask one of my kids or DH to come with me...or perhaps bribe is a better word.

So sorry some of you are achy and feeling unwell. Bundle up and rest, rest, rest!

I hope everyone finds us here. I have love for you all and hugs all around!

-Miette
Unread 04-08-2007, 02:04 AM
(mentions children/parenting)

Morning Girls!!

I wrote you all on our new thread, but wanted to whine a little about my night here in our recovery thread. I am having rough nights! There is a lot of strange aching, crampy, pulling, tugging, tightening pain in my lower abdomen where my uterus should be. And it's not something I can ignore. I try to distract myself but it's too painful. The tylenol doesn't do anything for it. I might try Ibuprofen instead.

I am also having a lot of problems with my diabetes post-op. I have posted about it on the big board too.

I'm getting really nervous about being left alone with all my kids on Tuesday. They will go back to school but only for a half of a day. My DH has been home for three weeks (isn't he a sweetheart?) and now he's going to return to work. I'm not sure how well I will do with house and home and kids and everything on my own. I don't know what level of expectation to have for myself.

Anyway, love to you all... will post more later.

-Miette
Unread 04-08-2007, 06:53 AM

Happy Easter !
If you do not celebrate this holiday in any way then HAPPY SUNDAY!

I think the hostess just want to make sure if we have a hyst related issue it is posted on it's own in Post Op so we can get a wider variety of responses, get more insight, and those who may be too shy to post might read it and help them.

There's always a fair amount of lurkers on sites who read and never post or take a while before being comfortable in posting.

If it is a recovery update then we post on our special day thread so others can see if their progress is "normal".
It certainly means a lot, major support, and reassures me to see my aches and pains and sleepless nights, etc... are normal and I am not alone.

So dog and cat stories and shopping trips and rants would belong here.

Unless of course you went to the store and got hurt and have a setback or tripped on your dog and had a set back, etc...

I've run a few sites over the years and from my own experience that is how I would translate it.
I could be wrong and if I am then it's not a problem to be corrected *lol*

I've got a forum that is basically dead and wouldn't mind posting the url but quite frankly, we are HYSTER Sisters and it is far easier for other sisters to find us here than on a marriage forum I started eons ago.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register