Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Happy Easter to all
Jazzy: I also came across the website when I got home and am so happy that I found it.

Becky and BJ: I also ventured out to church this morning with DH. Got emotional when the choir sang a hymn called Footprints in the Sand. Inspiritional hymns and music have always had a profound effect on me. And I guess you could say that this support group is our "footprints" holding us up in times of need and sorrow (but also during the good times. Thanks to everyone for being there.
When I got home from church a baked a chocolate marble bundt cake to bring to my sister's for Easter dinner.
Becky: Glad to hear your Dad is out of the hospital. Concerning driving, my DR said not before 4 weeks post-op.

Anyway going to rest now since I haven't done so today.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2007, 12:05 PM

[color=Indigo][size=2][font=Comic Sans MS][i]Even though I had an abdominal hysterectomy I have the same vaginal dull ache, what do you suppose that is from? Do any of you still have that wierd numb prickly sensation surrounding the incision sight? Are any of you experiencing insomnia, I have for the past week or so.
Don't worry, my mom & mother in law have both flown out to Fl. to help, although that ends tuesday. I have learned very quickly to ask for help, usually I am the caregiver. It's kinda different being on the receiving end, but nice. My husband has been very helpful w/ the baby, so has my 10 yr. old daughter. My husband is still having a hard time understanding why I am so emotional, I've tried explaining it but I think it's just something men don't "get". How long do the emotions take to go away? I know they're hormone induced but I thought that since I still have my ovaries that it wouldn't be so bad.
Concordia2007: what is the other location you are talking about posting a new thread?
Thanks girls for your welcome responses, I appreciate it.
:hugs to you all,
KimberJ
Unread 04-08-2007, 12:49 PM

Becky - (JPGURL) - I am walking at 3.5 with a little bit of an incline. I am not even breaking a sweat,(although I do get a tad winded) but I am too afraid to kick it up a notch. I was tempted to get on the bike at the gym, but I am a little afraid. I am so scared to mess things up. My doc gave me the ok to increase activity at 4 weeks. Glad to hear your dad is out of the hospital. Must be tough on you emotionally.

Becky (CLINPIC) - 18 degrees????? And I thought I was freezing at a "warm" 48 degrees!

KIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2007, 01:10 PM

Good Afternoon Friends,

No church for me today. I am sad at that thought but it still takes me way too long to get moving in the am (if you know what I mean ) and DH wanted to go to the 7 am service. Pastor offered to come here tomorrow and give me communion. I feel a little strange asking him to do that. It's not like I haven't been out of the house. I keep telling myself to listen to my body and at 6:00 this morning my body was saying don't get up!

Blessings on this Easter Sunday to my sisters here!
Unread 04-08-2007, 03:17 PM

Good afternoon ((((Sisters))))

Yes "the hostess" (who usually answers to the name of Dany ) is very supportive of your group. And I really am genuinely happy of the close bond you have formed

I just wanted to make sure that any issues where you're looking for hyst recovery support is posted in Post-Op

Now I'll let you enjoy your chit-chat... and be assured that I don't believe in spanking
Unread 04-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany
Good afternoon ((((Sisters))))

Yes "the hostess" (who usually answers to the name of Dany ) is very supportive of your group. And I really am genuinely happy of the close bond you have formed

I just wanted to make sure that any issues where you're looking for hyst recovery support is posted in Post-Op

Now I'll let you enjoy your chit-chat... and be assured that I don't believe in spanking
thanks dany...i think we can all understand now that we should post our medical issues in the open forums so we can get a wider variety of input and also be of benefit to others who might be reading. i have also been finding that i can't remember which forum i posted on or who i was replying to, so keeping topics separate is helpful.

thanks for being supportive...it's pretty amazing that this website has become such a "lifeline" for us, so much so that we are bonding with one another. compliments to whoever started and the others who have maintained this website!
Unread 04-08-2007, 03:50 PM

Evening Ladies-

Had a quiet day except that out of nowhere this morning while drying my hair, I started to get these sharp, shooting pains down the inside of my vagina. They happen about every 5 minutes or so and can pretty much stop me in my tracks. I was kinda of surprised to see other ladies who had surgery at the same time I did are experiencing the same thing...maybe it s a sign that things are "healing" and nerves are re-connecting. Lets hope so. Also have a lot of cramping and Alleve hasn't helped. Been off pain meds for over a week, but I am thinking about taking some to ease the sharpness of this new pain....ouch

Tomorrow is the 3 week mark for many of us...wow! I too still have "spasms" when I pee. I've gotten kind of gotten used to it, but I definitely don't like that sensation at all.

Sleep well....I am off to eat some chocolate eggs
Unread 04-08-2007, 04:26 PM

I'll second the thanks, Dany. It is a little cumbersome bopping back and forth, but no biggie. I just didn't want to lose my new friends, here and I was being the drama queen yesterday (hmm now there is something new. I could blame it on just having had surgery...). Seriously, this site has been a lifeline, so thank you and the other people who monitor and take care of the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogreatmischief
thanks dany...i think we can all understand now that we should post our medical issues in the open forums so we can get a wider variety of input and also be of benefit to others who might be reading. i have also been finding that i can't remember which forum i posted on or who i was replying to, so keeping topics separate is helpful.

thanks for being supportive...it's pretty amazing that this website has become such a "lifeline" for us, so much so that we are bonding with one another. compliments to whoever started and the others who have maintained this website!
Unread 04-08-2007, 04:35 PM

I would really hope your doctor wouldn't have a problem giving you more pain meds. the longer the pain is unmanaged, the harder it is for your body to heal. Was your friend able to come over next week and help? You know all us sisters would if it didn't take that long. It actually makes a funny pic: part of us waddling around in recovery giving orders and waiting on the other part of us.

At any rate, extra prayers your way dear friend.
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miette
Nogreat: Thank you so much

I have a friend I can ask to come here next week for the daytimes. She has already offered to help out. I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier! LOL.. oi.. brainfog!?! She and her hubby are coming over tonight for coffee so I'll ask her then.

I'm scared to ask my doctor for more pain meds. Isn't he going to think I'm being a wimp? I have tried Ibuprofen today and it didn't touch it...now nighttime is coming on and I'm starting to really hurt again.
I'll call the doctor's office on Tuesday morning and see if I can't get an acute appointment.

Thanks so much, sweetie!
-Miette
Unread 04-08-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie11
It's weird to hear that you can't have baths. I was told to bath rather than shower so that the wound would soak and heal. I don't like touching it so I dry it with a hairdrier!! and then lie on the bed to give it some fresh air and touch wood have not had any problems - I'm 17 days post op from TAH BSO and it has healed up great!

Mariex
OMG, I didn't mean to laugh at your expense. It just took me a minute to realize you were talking probably about your abdominal incision. I had a thv and prolapse repairs and I had the funniest pics going through my head. I would love to take a bath right now.

Becky P.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register