Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 61 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

What a beautiful family Becky, thanks for sharing. I woke up this morining in a fog, because I didn't get much sleep. I stayed downstairs watching TV til about 12, then when I came up I found my DH had opened the door off our BR w/o the screen and the room was swarming with bugs yikes! So I close the door and get in the bed about 30 min later I hear this banging so I get up and look outside and my cat is throwing herself up against the door so we will let her in, I let her in and try to go back to sleep (it's about 2am now) my DH is snoring his butt off with his mouth wide open and after an eternity of this a bug flies in his mouth and he begins to choke. Welcome to my world! Yawn...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 08:33 AM

LOL! Too funny Ms Jenkins......however, my BF snores up a storm too, so a bug flying in his trap would be hysterical! Sometimes I lightly pinch his nose, just to be as annoying to him as his snoring is to me!

Like you, sleeping isn't much fun. I go to bed exhausted and wake up a few hours later and cannot get back to sleep. BF has to get up for work, so a 6:30 alarm normally wakes me out of a deep sleep....it's a vicious cycle!
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:34 AM

Great pics Becky! Beautiful family!!

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 08:38 AM

Good Morning. Hope everyone had a good Easter. I was so touched-one of the instructors at the gym invited me to her house-another instructor and a couple from class was there as well as some people from our church. I almost didn't go-I was sore from something I did on Sat. I probably should post this on the post op site-and maybe I will later-I hate all that hopping around. I'm sore in a very localized spot right below my navel. It's not abdominal wall muscle ache-just a somewhat sharp tender to the touch kind of pain. Maybe from wearing regular pants yesterday-although they weren't too tight. I don't know. At first all I could think was that I gave myself a hernia-but like I said its not a muscle hurt. Laid in bed all evening and actually got a good night sleep. It still hurts this AM but not as bad. Will see how it goes and call doctor if it doesn't go away.
Bjenkins-I didn't notice you live in NM. I was born in Alamargordo but we moved to Texas when I was still a baby. Dh and I are hoping to explore NM someday soon.
Well off to try and do some bills for dh's business account and maybe some light cleaning later, and a nap and maybe some walking. At least the brain fog is starting to get better. Have a good one ladies
Becky
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:41 AM

Three weeks today ! Congrats to my May 19th sisters as well.

I've had a rough day. Keep falling asleep. Have had three naps today and could sleep more but I'm worried about messing up my sleep schedule. Still having a lot of pain. Going to call my doctor tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment. Hope everyone is doing ok. Will try to write more later!

Hugs,
-Miette
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:41 AM

Jazzy, you crack me up! Maybe Jane and I need a more detailed program for recovery.

1. I will not jump off of chairs.

2. I will not pick up chubby kitties.

3. I will remember that I just had major surgery.

4. I will eat ice cream every day.

Okay, I snuck that last one in there to drum up new "detailed recovery" members. Anyone care to join?
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:44 AM

When it comes to ice cream......count me in! Don't have many weaknesses for food, but that's a definite one! Gotta infuse a little humor!!!!

Miette, so sorry to hear you're in pain. I almost feel guilty because I've been pain free (for the most part) for a good part of my recovery. I'd call that doctor asap and if you need to sleep, do so! Feel better - sending you s!!
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:52 AM

Miette, it's no wonder that you are tired. You have had to overcome one challenge after another. Like Jazzy, I sometimes feel a little guilty reading about dear sisters who have had a far more difficult time than I've had. I wish we could all have peaceful and progressive recoveries. One thing I have noticed is that you have handled this with a lot of grace. Your lack of whining has been a real inspiration to me.
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Just to say hi!

Hi Girls!!

Congrats to the three-weekers today

I won't be writing too much just now, I'm sorry but I wanted to say hello to all my sisters. I have been thinking about each one of you and hoping you are all doing ok. Becky P. : you have a beautiful family (yourself include)

We finally got the office painted. It looks ok. I think we need to paint the trim in white and then it will look better. We had company over last night and they wore me out but we had a good time chitchatting. My DH starts work tomorrow so I'm going to be flying solo for the first time since the operation. I am a little nervous but I think it'll be ok.

Take care everyone!!
Hugs,
-Miette
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:55 AM

Good Morning and special cheers to the 3-week ladies! If the Dr's say we are considered "recovered" at 6-weeks, then I guess we are half way there..yipee!

I too slept great last night with the aid of 2 Tylenol PMs. I was very inactive yesterday and was afraid I wouldn't sleep. I just know that I feel so much better the next day if I can get some solid rest. Plus, I ate too much chocolate ~

At 3 weeks I am starting to get up every morning with the feeling that I didn't even have surgery. I can stretch without pulling or pain. Its when i pee that I am reminded that I am still healing and need to take it easy, since I still have bladder spasms and some drainage (its geting less and less though). And, I find that the aches and pains make their appearance in the late afternoon. My appetite is still kinda blah, but I have managed to eat better in the past few days. The heartburn is slowly dissipating as well. But, I have learned that this can all change in the matter of a day if I don't take it easy

Speaking of being stupid....I have definitely had my "what was I thinking moments?" For example: My husband and I took our truck to the grocery store last week. The truck has large, heavy doors. I got out of the truck and shut the door, but it didn't close all the way. So, I foolishly used my hip to lock it into place...yep, that hurt. I did it out of pure habit. Dumb. My left side was sore for a few days after that.

So far this morning, I haven't had the jarring, shooting pains in my cervix area that kept me on the couch yesterday. So, I am hoping for a pain-free day.

I decided to take another week off of work. I found that though I may feel better physically I just haven't gotten there mentally. My aunt, who had a LVH last Dec. went back to her teaching job after two weeks. She called me yesterday and said that she wished she took more time off because she is still suffering from fatigue and pullling. So, I am not feeling too guilty for taking another week.

I'm going to go check the other site to see whats going on over there. Talk to you later!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register