Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 63 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Good morning and congrats to the 3-week ladies!

Had another restful night (Tylenol PM is a wonderful thing!) up until the dog started barking . . . and barking . . . . and barking . . . . Oh well, I needed to get up anyway! Bladder spasms are easing up a bit - still there, but not as bad. Unfortunately, my appetite is coming back . . . . . . .

I'm so sorry for those of you who are still having pain. I, too, feel somewhat guilty that I'm having a pretty decent recovery. Sending each of you a hug!

Going over to check the other board . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 09:54 AM

OMG, Rabbit - another beauty (and two cuties!) LOVE the color of your hair! Need a change - may opt for a more 'natural shade' of red. !!! Gotta work on getting mine on. DS says we need some sort of hook up wires....which I don't think we have!
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:04 AM

Thanks! My natural color is a strawberry blonde, but it started to dull as I got older. My hubby suggested the darker shade of red which is by Redken and called...ready for this...Rocket Fire. I am such a dork Anyway, I really like it and have been using it since 2001. This is a better photo of the actual color (and also my hubby's favorite).

Admin. Note - Links removed per website guidelines.

Distracted1...Welcome and take it easy this week. I started feeling good entering week 3 and did too much. Its easy to get fooled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 10:12 AM

Ok, listen for the worst Steve Erwin imitation ever, Rabbit.."she's a real beut!" Seriously, you are a knock out. No wonder hubby thinks so too. Dogs are great too.

Becky
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:22 AM

Hi everyone and congrats to the 3-week sisters! Woo-hoo!

Becky - what a lovely family! You and your husband make such a nice-looking couple that it's no wonder your sons are so handsome! I love your smile!!! Your "puppies" are adorable as well!

Rabbit - I love the color of your hair as well! It's gorgeous! You take a great picture and so do your babies!

Welcome to the group, distracted! I didn't find this site until well after my surgery - these gals are great!

Nothing much planned for today although I may work on my daughter's wedding stuff (need to get the envelopes addressed). I'm really wanting to get some stuff done around the house, but am afraid that once I get started, I'll overdo it. Maybe I'll start by cleaning out the closets . . . . . Spring cleaning, anyone??
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:23 AM

Jazzy, I'm feeling pretty good today. I think I feel better than I have so far. Barring the new jolting pangs of pain I get every now and again. Hi~ what's that about... haha... I'm not worried, I'm sure it is just things figuring out where they fit in the new space and things finally getting feeling back after being shocked into numbing sleep for a couple of weeks. Or Oh Oh Oh... I figured it out.. they are on my left side by my left ovary which I was able to keep both of them and I should be ovulating right about now.. Perhaps this is my ovaries coming back to life and I won't be having those wonderful hot flashes and night sweats anymore! Woohoo!

Trust me I'm not shy and hopefully won't embarass myself or anyone with my chatter!
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
Jazzy, I'm feeling pretty good today. I think I feel better than I have so far. Barring the new jolting pangs of pain I get every now and again. Hi~ what's that about... haha... I'm not worried, I'm sure it is just things figuring out where they fit in the new space and things finally getting feeling back after being shocked into numbing sleep for a couple of weeks. Or Oh Oh Oh... I figured it out.. they are on my left side by my left ovary which I was able to keep both of them and I should be ovulating right about now.. Perhaps this is my ovaries coming back to life and I won't be having those wonderful hot flashes and night sweats anymore! Woohoo!

Trust me I'm not shy and hopefully won't embarass myself or anyone with my chatter!
Shy? That tickled me. I know more about these wonderful friends and their bm's, overies, rectums - oh wait, thats all the stuff I've told them about me . Take it easy. You are still the newbie on the recovery end so don't over due it.

Suzie, I'm wanting to get started on closets, plus my son graduates in May and his grad reception will be here at the house. So that means I've just created a huge to-do list for me and dh.

Jazzy, you said something in an earlier post way back when about a vat of K-Y. I have some very funny images locked into my brain now.

Rabbit, I'm getting ready to paint some walls in my dining room almost your hair color. I love it and have new silk dupioni drapes to hang in the same color when I'm done painting.

Ok, I really need a life. I'm addicted to this site now.
Becky
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks girls!

Paula, lightandclouds, susie: Thanks so much for your compassion and support. It means a lot to me!

It's dinner time here. Overcast skies and a light breeze. Very chilly. Nearly below freezing. I also felt a few drops of rain. However, today was my three-week anniversary so I decided to follow through with one of my goals: to take a long walk.
After dinner, my two children went with me and we walked around the neighborhood for thirty minutes. It was lovely to breathe deeply the fresh air and feel my muscles stretching. I love the feeling of stretching. Surprisingly, I don't feel any worse! So, I'm going to do it again tomorrow.

I'm going to take it easy tonight. Hope all of you have a great evening!

-Miette
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:51 AM

Mee toooo! I love this site and find myself heading for the computer first thing in the am to check in...Lol!

Yes, next to our OB/Gyns', we probably know more about each other than our own spouses.

I also love this new thread, since I feel I can share more of my personality here than I did in the "recovery" room. Although, I still post daily on the other site because the recovery is still in progress

Okay, been watching too much Food Network. I am starving and ready for some Fish and Chips...thanks Bobby Flay!

Check in later! Gotta go eat!

PS Becky..The drapes sound beautiful. I, unfortunatley, stink with drapes. They hate me at JCPenny
Unread 04-09-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
Nogreatmischief suggested I check in here as I am a 26th sister and I never really found you all before. You seem like a tight knit group of gals and can't wait to get to know you all.... I was always hesitant to post here because you all seemed so much further along in your healing process than I am. Talk about feeling like the youngest kid in class!

looking forward to getting to know everyone........
Distracted...glad to have you join us here, you're only 3 days behind me...I can't wait to get to know you better as well!

Enjoy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register