Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit757
Thanks! My natural color is a strawberry blonde, but it started to dull as I got older. My hubby suggested the darker shade of red which is by Redken and called...ready for this...Rocket Fire. I am such a dork Anyway, I really like it and have been using it since 2001. This is a better photo of the actual color (and also my hubby's favorite).

Admin. Note: Links removed per website guidelines.

Distracted1...Welcome and take it easy this week. I started feeling good entering week 3 and did too much. Its easy to get fooled.
dear rabbit and becky...thanks for the pics...you are both gorgeous young women (hubby, kids, and dogs gorgeous also...lol)!

rabbit...re your "rocket fire" haircolour, i used to have my hair this dark auburn colour until recently. when i walked our dogs, one an irish setter, everyone would comment that we had the same hair colour...and we did...lol. not planned...that was just the colour my hairdresser came up with! (we also have a gordon setter.)

i'll see if my son-in-law can get my pic on the website...i am not computer-literate so i have no idea how to do it myself.

glad to hear everyone seems to be in pretty good spirits today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 01:55 PM

*Disclaimer: talking about children*
Good afternoon gals!! Hope everyone is having a great day! It's a pretty day here, but it would be perfect if it were about 70 degrees outside. What happened to my warm weather??? It is freezing now!!!
I just woke up from a nap on the couch. I had to get up and out pretty early today, had a post op appt. at 9am. BLEH!! I would have much rather slept in. But anyways, I posted all about my appt in the open post op forum. I'm feeling a little better than I have been here lately, but I still have that "morning sickness" feeling that stays with me most of the day. Can't wait for that to go away, lol. My DD b-day is next week and I am kinda stressing out about that ( even though I know everything will eventually fall into place and work itself out, not trying to worry about it too much ). Not sure what to do about her party. I still don't have much energy, plus we are kinda low on money right now since I am not working. So I have been preparing her for the outcome so she won't be too disapointed. She wants to have a swimming party at a local hotel's indoor pool. Thats what we did last year and it went great. My mom offered to pay for it, but we have to do the rest, like plates, cake, etc. I am thinking about maybe postponing it until I have some more energy. Lots of little girls running around??? Wonder what that will do to me if just running into wal-mart to get bandages strips me of any and all energy?? LOL. I think she will be okay with that though. Bless her heart, she told me that we could have her party here if I didn't feel like having it somewhere else. I don't think she seemed to understand that even that would wear me out, possibly even more. Because then I would have the mess to clean up here at home. I told her that she may not get as many presents from us as she would expect either and she told me that was okay too, I could just draw her a card and put "dollars" in it. She LOVES getting dollars. She'll be 6 on the 17th. She's not really asking for much, she doesnt really play toys. Her passion is in art and creating things. She wants a real weaving loom. I wanted to get her an easel and new paints and maybe a few small canvases. She also wants a new bike. DH ran over hers last year less than 3 months after getting it. But she had been told over and over not to lay it down behind the jeep. OOPPS. We fixed it so it was rideable though, but she needs a new one. Also on her list is a new ball glove and hot pink baseball bat. She is gearing up for t-ball season already and soccer hasnt even started yet,lol. I guess thats all I really have to talk about for now. I have that on my mind at the moment, wondering what to do about her party and all. We'll figure out something I'm sure. We always do. Today I seem quite a bit calmer and more at peace than I have since the surgery. Maybe actually even happy *gasp* LOL. It makes me look forward to the months to come and how I will feel then as well. Nothing but up from here, right??? Hope everyone is having a great day and pampering themselves!!! I'm gonna go watch another movie. I am thinking about starting a movie night here at my house, invite my friends, order a pizza or two and just watch a couple of movies with everyone once a week since I can't get out much. It would be a good way to let everyone know I am up for company too. OK, thats all I have to say now, lol..talked your ears off long enough. Take care!!
Much love,
Amy
Unread 04-09-2007, 02:08 PM

hi toxicbettie...so glad you popped in. sometimes i think we worry too much about things like our kids' birthday parties. i, for one, wouldn't be able to handle a party next week unless i had a lot, i mean, a lot, of adults helping and just sit on the sidelines and enjoy. why not just have a family party at your house (or even a close relative's house) and maybe invite one little friend for pizza and a d.v.d. or something simple like that. you would be able to save money on all the little things like party napkins, plates, goody bags, etc. and maybe be able to afford a more expensive gift. or, you could postpone the party for a month or so, or until you feel a lot better and get caught up financially.

just a suggestion from one who's been thru all that. kids are very resilient and it does them good to understand that mom needs to take it easy now, so she will get stronger soon. good luck with whatever you decide to do.

i'm glad you're feeling somewhat better today...so am i...yay for us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 03:07 PM

17 days and going. Like Angelic, I feel rather good. I also stopped pain meds within the first week. My TVH procedure went well. I go to my post-op appt on Thursday. Just a little tired sometimes. I went out for the first time yesterday...in-laws for Easter. I'm doing well but sometimes get stomach aches leading to loose bowels. Perhaps my body is just getting used to me eating more. The tightness continues on my right side, although I guess based on the posts, this seems pretty normal. I'm getting so tired of being home. I've planned to go to the hair salon on Wed., and like a previous post, I'm really thinking about changing my style. Tired of long hair, too. My discharge has really let up a lot these past two days.
I so look forward to no periods! No tampons! No pads!
Take care everyone!
Unread 04-09-2007, 03:20 PM

hi everyone...i'm going for my follow-up appt. with the gyn/onc on wed. apr. 11. i've had a slower recovery than my last surgery, but finally feeling better the last few days. still on narcotic painkillers. my question is: (lol) should i go to the trouble of shaving my legs and inner thigh area. even though i have a huge vertical incision, he may still have me nude from the waist down and possibly do a bit of an internal and rectal exam (as he did prior to surgery). oh, and his resident followed suit!! well, they do have to practice their skills! i did take the time to shave after my first surgery on feb. 19, but that was an easier recovery. and i shaved the night before my mar. 22 surgery so i felt okay about it when in hospital!

i'm still in a lot of pain when standing, walking, bending and i know it will be a struggle to shave...but i will do it if you all think it's the respectable thing to do. i know i will be embarrassed if i don't shave...not a big deal...but it's bugging me! (and i wouldn't ask anyone else to do it for me)!

so your comments will be appreciated. thanks!
Unread 04-09-2007, 03:34 PM

nogreatmischief, my vote is to go ahead and shave. Doing so for me made me start to feel normal again! It's hard for me to get the lower parts of my legs though because of the bending.. definitely a job for the DH.

I'm 19 days post-op and looking forward to the 3-week mark. I have the weird bladder feeling I've seen others report, but otherwise doing OK. Yesterday I finally figured out what the Swelly Belly Band is for - my belly finally started to swell and I just ordered one; can't wait for it to arrive.

My best to everyone on your recovery!
Unread 04-09-2007, 03:44 PM

I just got home from visiting my sister in the hospital, she was diagnosed with leukemia 2 yrs ago & has gone thru a bone marrow transplant which has caused lots of other med problems. She was sad this a.m. and mentioned she would like to have some chile from Wendys, so I took her some, and now I'm exhausted, but she was happy and that's all that matters.
Becky and Rabbit, I can't believe how beautiful you girls are with your georgeous hair and beautiful skin, Becky what handsome boys you have. Your dogs are even beautiful he! he! I am one of those crazy people who dresses up their dogs year-round not just Holloween, I'll see if I have a photo of my Chihuahua Angus to share with you all. Yikes I'm so tired I need a couch and the remote! Talk to you soon. Hugs, Brenda
Unread 04-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Emotions & Pain

I'm now day 20 days post-op.

I've read many of you are sadly suffering emotionally and crying.
I've not had any major emotional 'events' and am wondering if it's still to come or could it be due to me losing both of my ovaries and being put on Premarin -HRT which is protecting me emotionally.

Also yesterday I went out to lunch but today I'm experiencing a lot of pain... I use the 'Fentanyl Patch' -as I have other health issues- which is equivalent to a high-dose of Morphine and am getting a lot of breakthrough pain which I think must mean I'm really sufferring. Post-Op I was switched to Morphine PCA and I really sufferred so the next day I asked for my Patch back and lose the PCA and never required any extra pain relief since then.

Are many of you at the same stage of me still experiencing a lot of pain...I had LAVH so don't have a full incision..?
Unread 04-09-2007, 04:10 PM

awww!! I am trying to talk my DH into letting me have another animal. And I want a chihuahua BADLY. Either that or a yorkie. I need a tiny dog. We already have 2, a sheltie and an american bulldog. The bulldog is an outside dog. She gets to come in when it is too hot or cold though, and also some nights just to play with us inside. We have kept her outside though all the time during my recovery. She tends to get really hyper and my DH was concerned that she would jump on me and hurt me. We also have one cat. We used to have 2, but my mom found my black kitty a home because she had some issues. I think she was rebeling against the other animals in the house because all of a sudden she stopped using the litter box and would stop right in front of it and use it OUTSIDE of the box. I just couldnt be cleaning it up all the time and I didnt want her to be an outside cat either.So my mom found a loving home for her where she is an only cat, and so far from what I hear she is back to normal. I miss her though. She was my baby. She would even try to nurse on my ear still, and she was 2 years old. I think it had to do with maybe me being the one who revived her when she was born, she wasn't breathing and I really had to work hard on her to get her to live, since then she never left my side, or my shoulder. Which she always perched on, as if she were a bird....hence the name I gave her...Polly! But I am glad she is happy now and has a loving home. Now, if only I could convince my DH to get me a new puppy. I am animal crazy...lol. I need to move to either a farm or a zoo.
Unread 04-09-2007, 04:11 PM

I posted this on the main board too, but wanted to see if any of my same week sisters have had this problem. I'm two weeks & 4 days post op and for the past couple of days I've been having heart palpitations, it doesn't hurt it's just anoying . Could this be hormonal? Has anyone else experienced this? It comes and goes but it really is driving me crazy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register