Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 03-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

I've been trying to take a nap all day. Is anyone else having trouble napping during the day? Of course I haven't been taking my pain meds past couple of days. Probably a stupid idea to get off of them so soon. I'm so tired and can't sleep!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 08:29 PM

Safeone - I did get my staples out today (15) and it wasn't bad. My doctor replaced them with steri-stips and it feels a bit less irritated. Wow, a veritical incision? Mine is horizontal and about 4-5 inches in length. I've been peeing a lot and when I'm done I feel pressure so they took a urine sample to see if I have a bladder infection - though I don't have pain. I'm taking Urelle to ease the muscles of my bladder and it seems to be working well. Thank you soooo much for asking! How are you feeling????

bvcain - I've only been taking one nap a day and solely on Motrin when needed - mostly for discomfort and not acutal pain. If you need your pains meds, by all means, take them. If not, it's not stupid to stop taking them. I hate taking meds period! I'm not sleeping well either. Tonight I'm going to take some Tylenol PM which the Dr. said was fine. It's both pain reliever and sleep aid.
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfromnj
Safeone - I did get my staples out today (15) and it wasn't bad. My doctor replaced them with steri-stips and it feels a bit less irritated. Wow, a veritical incision? Mine is horizontal and about 4-5 inches in length. I've been peeing a lot and when I'm done I feel pressure so they took a urine sample to see if I have a bladder infection - though I don't have pain. I'm taking Urelle to ease the muscles of my bladder and it seems to be working well. Thank you soooo much for asking! How are you feeling????
I feel pretty good. Weds is my staple day and that's when I'm going to ask for surgery details. I think the vertical incision was due to the size. I found out that the fibroid weighed in at 2 pounds (I can hardly believe that!) and just like that all my backaches went away. Urine is coming out strong and the BM's don't have the bulk they should but I'll settle for the diarrhea. Be good to yourself - thanks for calming my fears on the staple thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 08:50 PM

Jazzyfromnj, good to hear your visit went well. I'm sure you are in more pain than I am. I was fortunate enough to talk my doctor into going in vaginally, therefore, I have no staples. I feel like a baby when I complain about my aches and pains when you all are much more uncomfortable, I'm sure. I hope you get a good night sleep tonight and can find a comfortable position to sleep.

Thanks for replying about the tylenol pm. My husband actually suggested that, but ignored him. Hmmm. Guess he does know what he is talking about at times. I do have Exedrin PM so I'll try that. Be careful with Tylenol PM however, I was using that about a year ago and was giving me Kidney problems. When I quit taking Tylenol or Tylenol PM at night, I quit having a UTI's. Something in that product was causing it. Just FYI.
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:52 PM

No problem! I noticed that the skin around the incision is still a bit numb, so I'm sure that helps. They're taken out one at a time and except for a little pinch (which was nothing) once in a while, it really was easy.

Wow, I'm not sure how much my fibroids weighed, but I know to date I've lost 5 lbs............do I hear 20?????

Let me know how you make out!

Paula
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:55 PM

Vicki - thanks for the warning. Funny thing is that I picked it up in error thinking it was a cold medicine when I had a cold a few months back. It's the liquid kind. Hopefully I won't be needing it often!

I'm glad to hear you had your surgery vaginally. That was suggested to me a year prior but I wasn't ready to make the decision and my periods hadn't gotten as horrendous as they did since this past Oct. The fibroids also became too large to do it that way. My doctor felt the operation would be way too long done vaginally. You can complain with the rest of us.....you still had something cut out of your abdomen...........it just wasn't through it. Feel good!!!!
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:59 PM

I would love to be able to lose 10 pounds out of this but I'm eating like a horse because I'm bored to death and just sit in front of the TV all day. Maybe I'll take a small walk tomorrow just so I can get out of house.
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Tylenol and Motrin????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzyfromnj
- I've only been taking one nap a day and solely on Motrin when needed - mostly for discomfort and not acutal pain. If you need your pains meds, by all means, take them. If not, it's not stupid to stop taking them. I hate taking meds period! I'm not sleeping well either. Tonight I'm going to take some Tylenol PM which the Dr. said was fine. It's both pain reliever and sleep aid.
Is it safe to take both Tylenol and Motrin? I asked my DR about complimenting the 800 mg of Motrin she gave me with some Excedrin. And it was a resounding NO. I also have Percocet which I haven't touched. Please be careful and look up any drug interactions maybe at drugs.com
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:16 PM

Safeone, I hope my fibroid turns out to be a 10 lb der but I'm eating like a horse too. I've lost 26 lbs since December and going to gain it back if i'm not careful.

How far are you all walking? I'm probably not walking far enough to do any good.
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:24 PM

my update-

i had my first BM last night- woohoo

my tailbone aches badly- i cannot believe the pain.

cannot nap either..only sleeping 4-6 hours a night

saw dr for f/u appt. - all is well..found uterine fibroids and uterus weighed 2x+ the normal weight... i always had fibroids, but with the severe prolapse that was the "reason" for the TVH. obviously some of my pain could have been from the fibroids.

i know i am overdoing it, but with a 2 year old and hubby who had ankle surgery last week..i am trying to be in charge...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register