Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 71 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Concordia--You are right to check out the site guidelines. If we ever wanted to exchange more information we would have to figure out a way!

Jazzy--thanks for the compliments. DH is a gem. He has gone above and beyond the last three weeks. Married him three years ago and he'd been single his whole life, and no sisters. So dealing with all this female stuff has been a new experience. Heavy periods, UTIs, abaltion..the whole nine yards. He took me to find vitamin E cream today and as we were searching amongst the vast lotions and creams for every body part you can think of he said...."you know four years ago I didn't even know this stuff existed.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 06:30 PM

nogreatmischief.....I didn't shave a thing (scary) and one of my SURGEONS was hot, so hot that I attacked him with my camera phone to get his picture as he was preparing to remove my staples, LOL I LOVE LOVE LOVE my surgeon. I get to go see him this thursday for a f/u
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:44 PM

hi everyone. Still in pain, still down in the dumps, but still alive! I made my first attempt at "working from home" today for about four hours. FUN-NOT need the money, have to do it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 06:45 PM

[quote=clinpic]Concordia2007 -
So in essence, my doc went in and cut through the vag wall, pulled the rectum back up where it belonged and tacked it in place with permanent stitches. Same with the bladder and vaginal wall.

OUCH!! As I was reading this I started to get those shooting pains where my cervix used to be!!
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:53 PM

Well thats how mine was fixed...... But now that you mention it, I think my ovaries just said ouch too....

Becky
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:57 PM

tc231, I'm sorry you had to work from home today. That stinks, but we do what we need to do don't we?
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:13 PM

Hi Ladies-

I LOVE the photos! And, I loved the poem Distracted1...(my husband liked it too!) Very creative. The night before my surgery I held a small dinner party in honor of my uterus...So, no need for apologies. It was hard (and still is) to have said good-bye to my uterus/cervix. Especially since I was never able to conceive or carry a child of my own. But, we can't wait to adopt

My Husband is currently setting up a Yahoo.com group site for a group of homeowners in our division. He is learning the process, and offered to help set up a private site if/when the time comes. He loves the idea of us keeping in touch ( and so do I). I have never been a user of message boards before this so he just welcomed me into 2007...LOL! Oh well, small steps!

I had a good day today. After Toading-out in bed until 11:00, hubby took me to lunch. I grew up in Boston on a steady diet of seafood, and after watching Bobby Flays' Throw Down show last nite, I got a real craving ( yes, I do get them) for Fish and Chips. These days I jump on any craving since my appetite is somewhat supressed. There is a little dive in Fort Worth called Zeke's Fish and Chips that we like to go to. It hit the spot. Then we went grocery shopping. I finally got the urg to cook, and made Roasted Green Chili Enchiladas too. I am not hungry for them, but there are three other ladies in the neigborhood that have had surgery this past week (no hysters though), so I am making some for them and DH.

Brenda: I am sorry to hear about your sister. I have a dear dear friend who had Leukemia as a child. My thoughts are with you.

Miette: I hear about your craving for maple syrup. Early on in the post-op, I asked my sister, who lives in New Hampshire to send me some authentic Maple Syrup (Texas has no clue). We grew up tapping maple trees and making our own syrup, and she still does it with her kids today. So, she sent me some just the other day. Olives...oh no...bad exprience with them..tooo many dirty martinis one nite....LOL!

Concordia2007: I had no idea that Quebec made that much Maple syrup. My family is from P.E.I, so Canada is close to my heart.

I think we need to contact Oprah. She did a great bra show...maybe she will do a panty show and invite us??? I too, had the period panties. I may miss my uterus, but I won't miss the period...ugh. My sheets will thank me too!

Ladies...I luv ya! Talk to you in the morning. Sleep tight. Leah
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:00 PM

I haven't checked this thread since this morning...Boy, you are a naughty group of girls and I LOVE it!!!! Heck, since our dr's have been where no man has been before, I think it is normal to have a certain attraction to them. I love mine. Plus, he is very respectful to my hubby. Mersey, I vote that you shave. You will feel better

I am still having drainage...yuck. But, only a few twangs of pain today. We will see what happens tomorrow.

Sweet dreams Ladies!
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
okay it was just easier to send you all to my myspace page......
Admin. Note: links to personal web pages not allowed per website guidelines.

there are a ton of pictures on there... and you can learn about me too!
hi distracted1...i really enjoyed your myspace page. i was very touched by your story of your friend with the 2 children with disabilities. (i used to work with children like that in an institution...heartbreaking but in some ways, uplifting, to see the parents loving them, doing what they can to keep them comfortable and happy). you are so right about taking the health of our own children for granted...we must always cherish them.

i have 2 healthy kids, girl 26 and boy 24...didn't do anything special and they've turned out amazing. my best friend, had her second son 2 days before i had my daughter (that was a coincidence)...now he is 26 yrs. old, schizophrenic, addiction problems...will always need help.

he cannot live at home with mom and dad anymore as he's too disruptive, gets aggressive and refuses to take his meds! my friend works shiftwork...she and her husband will always have to work in order to support him as well as themselves. working shiftwork, she can't get any sleep when he's home. unbelievable behaviour, yet he's a nice, caring young man. is always respectful of me (he does have some control when he wants it!) he has lots of support, but has always had an attitude problem on top of what was to become a mental illness...ie. learning to read and do math, also thought to have a.d.d.! drugs and alcohol also part of the equation.

my sister has a friend with 2 autistic sons...here in ontario we have a huge problem getting the proper therapy for children over the age of 6, just when they are showing improvement.

anyways, i just wanted to tell you that i enjoyed your page...you are so creative and philosophical. i see you are from kentucky. after seeing the movie, "oh brother where art thou?", i became hooked on the music...the bluegrass and the gospel music, even though i'm more of a bob dylan, leonard cohen, matchbox 20, macy gray, norah jones sort of music lover. some of the songs from that movie were so inspirational!

btw i got tears in my eyes when i read your poem...i think because i always feel so emotional and honoured to be a witness to such talent.

i sure i hope i posted this on the proper forum! take care and thanks for deciding to join this forum!
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:06 PM

I felt rotten earlier.

Ache in left hip, twinge in muscle right next to my incision to groin.
I came close to blasting hubby but held back, poor man can't handle much more *lol*

Several little things made me want to boo-hoo today, manged to avoid a real shower.

Of course this is all hormones
*pokes ovaries* Come on, work with me here.

It was very depressing being able to go to bed last night with only the Motrin the doc prescribed for me and tonight I need a pain med.

I know, I know... I have the pills for a reason and need to use them until I no longer need them, but B L A H

Had a very mild hot flash today, toes didn't freeze this time.
(again, thank God!)
It got a little warm and of course sweat below the waist.

I am TRYING to be patient but when your body starts acting in a way it never did before then it just throws you for a loop.

My doc said soaking in an epsom salt bath would help my incision.
She never said I would be madly in love with the world after a short 20 min soak.

Wait... that might be the pain med

Nah... only a soak can make a woman feel this good.

Here's hoping all of you find it easier this 3rd week. *hugs*

I'm gonna go find my Tom Petty cd
"The waiting is the hardest part" just popped into my head.

Rabbit757
I shaved LMAO
I said I wouldn't let my hubby do it.
He did once... never again
And no, he didn't nick me

My doctors are female so no crushes on mine but I did manage to shave for my post op, not the whole routine, but enough not to look like Big Foot's mother

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register