Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 74 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Good Morning Girls-

Got those check points this am. Does make sense....those good and bad days. My problem is the guilt I feel about what I am doing or NOT doing. I am not a person to sit around and I can see this is going to become extremely difficult this week and next. One step forward and two bad, as they say.

Becky- I tend to gravitate to the rebellious ones....have done this my whole life. Don't expect that to change now, do I????? Seriously, I just think we feel so comfortable with one another, it is natural to want to share. I am not worried about sharing too much information...we are big girls, are smart and intelligent women. Go, sisters!!

Paula-DH is a gem, but didn't get that from mom, sorry to say. He just has it going on!

Later this afternoon, some teaching buddies are bringing us dinner. I am very excited to see them. We were supposed to be scrap booking today but they seem to have lives and can't make it. LOL. I on the other hand have nothing to do!!

Have a wonderful day. In spite of some morning fog (outside...not in my head!), the sun is now shining in NW Ohio. Maybe a walk later??

Jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 07:47 AM

Hi, everyone!

I had a really good day yesterday and felt somewhat productive for a change! Started on my spring cleaning and now have a huge garbage bag of clothes to take to Goodwill. Also made dinner last night - leftover casserole! I had a fridge full of leftovers and had to do something with them. Threw it all together (well, maybe not all!) and it turned out rather well. My family loved it!

Jazzy: When you mentioned a "sugar shack," it brought back some good memories. I had an elderly aunt and uncle who had designated a room in their house (the parlor - I'm from the South, remember?) as the "sugar shack." It's where their daughters could sit with their boyfriends. Kinda funny to think about it now because these daughters (my cousins) are all my mom's age!

distracted1: Love the poem! Good job!!

TC231: So sorry that you had to start working again even if it is from home. I don't think I could - I'm just not there yet.

Thanks, everyone, for all the pictures! They're wonderful! I'll have to work on adding some myself.

Well, off to start the day! TTYL!
Unread 04-10-2007, 08:06 AM

Back from my first nap of the day! haha.. it's only 10 am and I already had a 45 min. nap? wow, i really didn't sleep well last night. I really need to go to the chirpractor, but the thought of an adjustment scares me to death,but if things continue this way, i won't be able to feel my left leg in a couple more days...... No worries, I won't be going to the chiropractor, I am quite confident that it is against the rules to go after 2 weeks post TAH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 08:45 AM

Skip the chiropractor and get a nice, soft, therapeutic massage . It might help the nerves along your leg.

Becky
Unread 04-10-2007, 08:48 AM

Hi Girlfriends, I just woke up I can't believe I slept so long! I had bad dreams though and I'm very sad now. Sometimes dreams can seem so real and they can really disturb... I think I'll call my sister and see if she get's to go home from the hospital today, bless her heart she's in more than she's home these days. She can even tell what all their page codes mean like ******** is their code for kidnapping from the nursery. They have drills for kidnapping and fire etc... She cracks me up I tell her when she gets well she should go into medical, because she has learned so much. I have enjoyed reading all your posts and see that Becky and Teacherjpm are in trouble AGAIN, man we can't leave you two alone for a minute! I think I'll go take a bath and maybe go for a short walk it's supposed to be sunny and 70s today. Hugs and Love! Brenda aka: bjenkins
Unread 04-10-2007, 09:05 AM

Yes, I think Becky and I have more in common than we know. Always the rebellious ones.

Enjoy the nice weather Brenda! Going out myself shortly. Glad you slept well. I am still having trouble in that department. Dr. did call me in a prescription so hopefully tonight will be better.
Unread 04-10-2007, 09:06 AM

wow Mietee !! - you had your surgery the day before me across the water so we really are Hsytersisters !
I'm trying to make up today for not resting enough over the weekend - here in England traditionally the Easter weekend brings out all the husbands and their power tools to do home repairs - so it's almost impossible to rest when there is a thirsty and hungry man charging about the house doing all the jobs that I have been asking him to do for ages - guilt sets in and at dinner time I felt obligated to prepare him a good meal. So today I'm feeling sore across my wound.

I have the feeling that you are doing the right thing in going out for walks because after being in bed all day today resting till now (15.49pm) I feel really stiff on getting up and moving. I think tomorrow I will do as you are doing - taking a gentle walk around the block morning and afternoon and see how things go. I was hoping that my stomach would emerge much smaller after surgery too - as before I looked heavily pregnant - but theres still a lot of podge about - does anyone know if it's internal bruising or something or maybe my surgeon left his glasses and packed lunch in there by mistake !

Chins up ladies ! we're gonna be fine !
Unread 04-10-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMann
I dunno what it is I have same which started today.. vaginal discomfort from pulling to sharp pain to nagging sensations to itching.. I think it must be a healing issue.. sure hope so anyway... I haven't had much luck with others giving advice so I don't know if anyone else will post on this.
dear amy...i hope you have found some answers for your problem. i'm sorry i can't comment because my surgery was abdominal. i've noticed a lot of women having the vaginal discomfort, pulling and sharp pain, etc. as you mentioned. i have had the same sort of thing (minus the itching) in my abdominal area...i think you are correct in thinking it's part of the healing process.

hope you are resting when you need to and not overdoing it...that can hamper your recovery. i think we all just need to be patient and in time we will be feeling back to normal...well, better than normal!

let us know how you are doing! best wishes to you.
Unread 04-10-2007, 09:40 AM

Good Morning Ladies....and welcome Lenaise! Happy B-day too!

I too didn't sleep well last nite. I went to bed around 11 and woke up at 3. The dreams were extremely weird and not pleasant. I finally got back to sleep around 6 and woke up just a few minutes ago. At least I was able to get the sleep in, but its almost lunchtime! I hate when that happens. The reason i woke up early was because my indegestion came back with a vengeance and it made me really nauseous. Yep, good days and bad days. In regards to pain, I don't feel any, but I really haven't moved too much..yet. I too have had those sharp, electrical-like pains in my lower abdomen.

Anyho, I checked out the other site first this a.m....and yes, we have been naughty. I'm so proud.

I wish you a pain-free day with lots of pampering!
Unread 04-10-2007, 10:24 AM

Just catching up on the post-op discussions from yesterday. It's hard to keep up on both. Got some replies regarding surgical strips - it seems that 4 weeks is about normal for them falling off.
Still have a bruise above my incision - I guess this is normal.
Also if I touch my belly button I get a sharp pain and still quite a bit of pulling at both extremes of the incision. Anyone else experiencing this?

Jane: I feel the same as you (1 step forward, 2 back) I think this is normal for our stage of recovery. Regarding guilt, I always have to work hard to get it off my shoulders and it is always hard to ask for help. I'll talk about it later on our other site (I need to vent today)
Like I told DD this morning, I may look fine on the inside but the healing isn't done internally and will take months.

tigerlilyJT: I'm getting my hair done on Friday - always a good way to brighten our spirits.

nogreatmischief: I love your sense of humour about the doctors' practicing their skill. I hope your post-op goes well.

georgiascuba23: I'm hoping to get my band this week so we can compare notes.

Bionic: My TAH was Mar 22nd and while I kept my ovaries, I think that emotions still come into play. We're all struggling to recover but still have to deal with the same day to day problems (and sometimes family members) who can be insensitive at times).
P.S. Are you aware that our group (Recovery 3/19-3/26) has started a new thread so we can chit chat about things not necessary related to our recovery? You can find us by using the quick jump on the home page then select Hysteriaville then Hystersisters Clubhouse then the thread Over & Above our Recovery 3/19-3/26. Feel free to join in!
P.S. I was born in England and emigrated to Canada when I was 10 months old (my grandmother lived in Nottingham for many years)

distracted1: I get chills from time to time so got DH to buy an electic heating pad yesterday, it help with my backache too.

bas4cas: I don`t think you a wimp at all. Your DR gave you the time off for a reason. You have a more physically demanding job than I do (sit at a desk all day) but I will be off for 8 weeks total. Take the time you need, you deserve it.

clinpic (Becky) and groovydiva and sinsjen: Thanks for the information - I can go to bed less stupid tonight! I didn't realize this was so common.

Lenaise: Happy B-Day and welcome! Like I mentioned to Bionic, I was born in the UK, in Croydon.

Miette: Glad you're feeling better today.

I am also jumping to the other site now!

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register