Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Bionic~ I too found this site a couple of years ago, and didn't get back on it until march! It's like I got wrapped up in getting everything prepared for my surgery except myself. Once I found it it helped prepare me.

for all of you dealing with 20 something kids~ i can only empathize as my sister just moved back in with my mom and dad and she is 29! It amazes me the girl makes $50,000/year and has nothing to show for it! We had a family of 4 living on that for a while... She does help with my dad who has been disabled since she was born and mom works 24 hour shifts as a paramedic. But in our case growing up facing your parents mortality everyday changes the way you care for them. It is very stressful on them to realize you aren't super-human and you will someday pass.

Angelic~ I think I need to make an appt for massages at our club for DH and myself. I think that is a wonderful idea.

A side note I slept so much today, I was asleep by 2 and didn't wake up till 4:30. I slept most of the day.~oh well, I suppose the body heals when we sleep right so heal away body heal away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 02:59 PM

Mary, I'm sorry to hear about your DD's episode. While I'm not the parent of a 20 something child, I do have a 13 year old boy who could be! .

This is my take on her situation - it's very obvious that she's hurting over the breakup of her and her BF - 3 years is a long time to invest at her age. As for her not helping you (and all the other DD's & DS's that have kept their distance) - I really don't think they're able to handle seeing Mom in such a delicate state. I know when my DS saw me with solely an oxygen tube in my nose, he told my mother he wasn't sure he wanted to come back. They'd prefer to put it aside then deal with it. I know when my own mom, who's a very young 71 gets ill, I cringe at the thought of losing her, or that she won't return to her former self. In my mind I can rationalize that she's not getting any younger and that any day I could lose her.....and that's frightening.

Mary, maybe you need to appeal to your DD and tell her that you feel bad that BF and she have parted ways - that you know she's upset and that (as you already told her) the door is open is she wishes to share. If she truly feels you don't want her living there, the door will remain shut. It's a defense and coping mechanism.

Think about when we were their ages. Did you want your parents to think you couldn't 'handle' your life? I know I didn't. I always wanted to be in control so I internalized a lot instead of sharing how I truly felt.

Lots of hugs to all of you who are experiencing tough days. I hope tomrorow is a bit easier emotinally.
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:00 PM

Okay so I just need to tell my sisters here how I am feeling right now. Weepy and teary eyed. Teacher friends are on their way with dinner and I really don't want them to come. Seriously, what is wrong with me? I have been waiting for this since before my surgery. Right now I'd rather get in bed with the remote and watch taped Clean House. And feel sorry for myself. Wish I could snap out of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 03:04 PM

mrrobert~ I too was having those kind of feelings in my bladder, my nurse friend said it is the muscles trying to get back to normal. I have noticed the last couple of days it has been getting better and not as painful.

I too have been suffering from cold spells where I can't get warm, then alternating with hot flashes.... I just can't wait for my ovaries to start back up. I think they might be, because the time between these cold/hot spells is getting longer and they are much less frequent! Hopefully it will all get regulated soon!

Slept most of the day I took several naps today, not sure why really but feel like I could sleep all day.... I slept last night, but apparently not restfully!
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Red face - Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Jane - s! If that's how you are truly feeling, then maybe DH could tell them to drop off the goodies and reschedule another visit date due to the fact that you're not feeling well. I'd completely understand if it were me coming to visit you after having had surgery and only being 3 weeks post op. Don't push yourself to do anything you're not able. If they are truly your friends, they'll understand. I'd also ask people to call a few hours before they're supposed to come in case you aren't feeling well.

*passes tissue* and extends shoulder!
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:09 PM

Hey Ladies!
Had a pretty good day today, went for a walk with my dog this a.m., and checked and replyed to my work emails. But haven't been able to get enough to eat, I don't know what the deal is. I eat around the clock, my DH thinks it's because I couldn't eat for several month prior to the surgery due to the bowel obstruction, I lost 20 pounds and got down to 112 I'm 5' 7", and now I'm catching up. I just finished eating some california rolls and they were awesome. I wrote my boss an email and told him that he was probably going to have to get me a bigger chair for my desk, he wrote back and said they order a loveseat ha ha! Well I better go raid the frige he he! ttyl Brenda
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:11 PM

Thanks for the hugs, Paula. I hate how I feel at times. Reminds me of the terrible PMS I used to have. Years ago ex and I would have these terrible shouting matches (well really it was just me shouting) and it was like I had an out of body experience. I'd watch this crazy person rant and rave. I kind of feel like that these days. Like \I am watching a movie in slow motion.

They just called. They're on their way. I know it'll be fine when they get here. They are bringing my favorite Applebee's Crispy Ornage Chicken Bowl so there's that to look forwad to.

Thanks, sister. No one undertands except my hystersisters!
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:15 PM

Always welcome, Jane. Funny, the scenario you described was me 15 years ago. I truly do believe it was PMS. It seemed I'd get so angry and HEAR myself saying and doing things, but I wouldn't stop, though I was fully aware how horrible I sounded. Thankfully the Paxil and now Zoloft that I take has really made a huge difference. I also feel that growing up has too.

Enjoy your company!!! Sounds like a yummy meal to me! Crack open the wine and you'll be giggling in no time!

(it's like sex sometimes........you have to be cooerced to get there, but once you are - woo hoo!)
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:19 PM

Well then there's that sex thing. I am starting to feel the desire return and have to wait THREE more weeks??? That tension is apparent as well. (Would have never heard me say that during those PMS days)
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:23 PM

I hear ya!!!! It seems we want what we can't have! It will be nice to enjoy our guys without the worry of getting our periods, or never getting rid of them! s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register