Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 03-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

jenjen, sounds like you have a lot on your plate! A two year old and an injured husband. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Take it easy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 07:09 AM

I got my staples removed yesterday. A nurse who teased me in the hospital that "I was trouble" did it. She said I was trouble because I refused pain meds, wanted to move more, and refused the food (really I wanted to meet the Dietician at that hospital. Egg biscuit sandwich, hash browns and milk gravy for breakfast-espeicially a first meal after surgery?? Dh brought me my food which probably explains why I haven't had any bowel problems). Anyway, when I saw her I said-"Hey it was ok to ride my bike here right??" I thought she was going to kill me. LOL have to have some humor in suffering-right? There were twice as many staples as I ever had in my C sections and the nurse said that the doc probably knew I'd move a lot. I've got some bruising around the incision and one little bruise way up on my belly button which is strange because there was no scope. Must've man handled me. So here's the one week anniversary for me and I feel pretty good. Yesterday was a little rough around the edges as I pushed the enveloppe Sun. I'm going back to the gym today to do my walking on the treadmill. I don't feel secure walking outside by meself-too many dogs running loose and can't cross the streets quickly enough to appease the traffic. It'll be good to see friends and it'll only take 30 minutes to get my mile in-so slow for me, normally a 4mph walker. Oh well. The good news is that I've lost 6 lbs since I went in. Mostly fluid retention but some must be the uterus/fibroid because I'm about 4 lbs down from the morning of surgery. Geez-wonder how much that sucker weighed? Still have Dunlop my swelly belly but wearing my reg. clothes so it's not too bad. Have any of you experienced day/night sweats? This is different than the hormonal night sweats. I remember getting them after breast biopsy and c-sections. I think it has to do with trauma/anesthesia of surgery. I'm going to keep an eye out on that one in case it is hormones-don't want those to get too out of whack. Well it sounds like the class of March week 20-26 is progressing just fine. Just remember gals, Water,Walking and Wallowing ( a w word for rest!!).
Unread 03-27-2007, 07:35 AM

Safeone.....hmm, that's a good question....thanks for bringing it to my attention. I can tell you I won't be taking that liquid Tylenol PM anytime soon. I was very jumpy and it actually stopped me from going to sleep. I felt very restless and like I had to move constantly. I'll check on that.....thanks for the advice!

Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2007, 08:19 AM

Mixing meds - I was on lortab for my ear surgery and the doc said I could back it up with ONE tylenol if needed. So double check. Different meds work great with a little boost , others can cause far more problems.

working on drinking more water
getting swelling down in legs
managed 2hr naps last night.

I didn't make it on my side but leaned enough to fool my body into thinking I was sleeping "properly" again.
May have only slept 2hrs and then another 2 1/2 but it felt good
Unread 03-27-2007, 08:31 AM

I've been able to sleep on my left side since Wednesday......I was a bit afraid to try, but it's where I normally sleep, so that's been helping. Tried the right side last night for a change......didn't feel as comfortable but I got there for a bit. Didn't sleep much either despite the Tylenol PM.....like I said, it just made me feel restless. Think I'll try a glass of wine tonight. Haven't had one in over a week and I miss it!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-27-2007, 08:55 AM

Jenjen, I feel your pain on the tailbone ache. I'm chaulking mine up to the prolapse repair I had done. When I finally had a bm I thought I was going to die, and although I've had a few since then, I can't get the pain to quit in the rectal-tailbone area. In fact I am still taking pain meds mainly for that pain. I was stupid and tried to sit on the floor and sort papers yesterday and do some little itty bitty leg lifts while lying in bed. Bad mistake, I could hardly walk last night.

Becky
Unread 03-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Walking, Walking

I'm barely making it across the room not because of pain but stiffness in the incisiona area. Today, I'm going to make a concerted effort to go outside and take a walk. I'm just not sure how much I can tolerate just yet so I'm taking it slos, slow, slow[/size]
Unread 03-27-2007, 09:57 AM

I enjoy a good margarita even over a glass of wine, not in excess, just a really well made one, no salt. I think that will be my first celebratory drink when I'm off the meds. But I'm getting a little spoiled having my coffee brought to me in bed every morning. Think I can get my hubby to deliver my drink when I feel better? Ok, now it sounds like I want a margarita for breakfast, yuck. I'll shut up. Blame it on the vicodin.

Becky

Becky
Unread 03-27-2007, 10:00 AM

Becky, is ever a time limit for a good margarita (w/o salt)??? I love those too, and now you've got me thinging......

How is vicodin? I watch the comedian Bill Engvall and he's taken it for a hernia operation. Had me hysterical over one piece where he went to the Bahamas w/his family days after the surgery. He said, "A half of vicodin and a Bahama Mama makes for a b*tchin' day". Really funny!
Unread 03-27-2007, 10:07 AM

I haven't had any negative affects from them at all, and when I've taken one at night before bed, I do sleep all night. I was afraid I'd end up with the skin crawleys but haven't.

Margarita, no salt, absolutely

We are the house of yuck around here. Last weekend my 16 son got kneed in the groin while in a wrestling tournament. He still is walking like John Wayne. My 18 year old son got diagnosed with pretty severe mono yesterday, I'm laying around with my owies and my husband is trying to run the show. Actually, he's a tougher task master than I am when it comes to the house and keeping it tidy. I just think between doing the Mr. Mom thing and working he's going to burn out. Plus I went emotional on him yesterday which didn't help. Ah, he really is an awesome guy though.

Ok, I think I'm bored because I'm babbling.

Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register