Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 84 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Just to let you know

Hiya Girls! Hope you are all waking up to a really beautiful day and feeling good and strong today.

I just wanted to let you all know, that I'm really trying to keep up with the posts. It's a little difficult for me. I'm not a multi-tasker and the split from one thread to the other, no matter how simple it may really be, is confusing for me. I forget what is appropriate for each place when I'm writing and then I worry and don't post anything. So, if you haven't seen me around so much, please know that I'm still here... reading at a snail's pace...and I'm thinking about each one of you!

Hugs,
-Miette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Morning update: I slept much better last night with only minor bizarre dreams, and other than stomach sleeping this morning (posted about that in our gab forum ) which was a bit uncomfy, I feel fairly rested.

I used to get ovary twinges before the tvh that would double me over until they subsided. I had a minor couple of those yesterday. I'm sure they are still doing their thing its just that they are lonely and wanted to be noticed.

Found out last night that things in the ummm, intimate department are still working, although it will still be three weeks before we can be fully intimate. That'll save for another post as it kind of terrifies me.

I really need to clean on my bedroom some and work on closets today. I've kind of just dumped my clean clothes in front of the closet door not putting anything away.

I think I hate the fatigue the most. I do love Mercey's description of her non-period period. I think I was there a few days ago and told my son to watch out for his head or I'd bite it off.

Ok. That's about it for now. Have a great day.
Becky
Unread 04-11-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miette
I have to tell you girls with TAH's that I so admire you jumping back in there so quickly. I had the TVH and I'm slow, slow, slow to get going. I want so badly to start with the house and just go from room to room, washing and dusting, tidying and organizing. I'm absolutely terrified I'll do damage if I zig when I should have zagged. how do we know when we've done enough but not too much?

-Miette
dear miette...better to do too little than too much at this time. you've gone out for some long walks...that is admirable...i only walk up and down the hallway of my house!

please leave the house tidying and organizing for when you are completely recovered and back to your normal routines. this is the time for healing, not the time for organizing your house. if you insist on getting a few things done, just do everything in stages...don't try to get a large amount done at one time.

just because you see that others have been incredibly ambitious, it doesn't mean that you are at that stage yet. in fact, i've noticed a lot of women who have become very ambitious, overdoing it...then complain that they are tired and sore and have taken a few steps back. you have enough on your plate just looking after yourself and your kids...i think your husband went back to work this week, so you are on your own.

be patient, you will soon be better than ever and ready to tackle the house! take care, miette!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 09:49 AM

I have just finally started to pick up the clutter little things like putting pencils back where they belong etc. from the ds's doing homework. I have some other clutter that I would love to take care of but, I know that stack of magazines I have piled up on the floor next to my chair is a big no no to try to pick up again. It did feel good to pick up the stuff off the table today.
Unread 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miette
sometimes I forget about all the cuts and sutures that I have inside. Then other times, I get sort of a visual of "wow, I don't have a uterus!" and it kinda freaks me out. ... I'm a woman with no uterus! How 'bout that?
-Miette
I get the same feelings, Miette. Especially with the fairly easy recovery process I've gone thru. I know that when I went in to visit at work the other day, my boss told me I sure didn't look like I needed to be out of work for another 3 weeks. Thank goodness it's not up to him to decide huh!!

I haven't had any "blue" feelings about it like someone thought I might. I know what I went thru before, for the last few years, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I sure hope everyone is having a great day.
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:08 AM

Hi Girls,
A sunny day here in Quebec. Went for my morning walk and prepared a 9 bean soup recipe for my slow-cooker. DD got the cooker out for me because it is too heavy. Older DD is coming over for supper. We are going to make an attempt to scrapbook. I'm trying to put something together that will capture my 10 years of university studies.
Because of her problems, this is a way for me to connect with her because she is very creative (but always sells herself too short).

nogreatmischief: I agree with you - there is such a wide range of experiences and medical issues associated with hysterectomies that most people are not aware of.

distracted1: You have captured the essence of what this support group is doing for us.

Rabbit757: I don't have the itch to go back to work just to do some of the things around the house that I don't have time for because of my full time job but I know I'm not up to this yet. Regarding the pedicures, we have a similar thing here and I went all last summer. But then my DD gave me a gift certificate at a fancy spa and I ended up with an infection in my right big toe (yuck) I went to the DR who gave me antibiotics and had to soak the toe. Finally got better but will never go back to that place!

nogreatmischief: You must feel alot better, I'm going Friday for my cut. Good luck on your post-op.

miette: you need the same internal healing as all us gals with TAH's, don't forget that and take care. Regarding the missing uterus, I just keep thinking that my poor little bladder must be more comfortable right now. Glad you had a good day.

Mz V: I think on the 3-4 week checkpoint, they warned about showing up at work because the boss might think we're well enough to work. Just tell your boss it takes all your energy to keep up with our hystersister posts (Just kidding).
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:08 AM

Ms.V,

Yes, I know what you mean. I wouldn't want anyone to have the chronic bleeding that I had (ok, I can think of one person) because it completely dominated my life and what I was able to do and not able to do. I got to the point where I was driving to two different stores for maxi pads because it was so embarrassing to buy 4-5 boxes of maxi pads every week or so from the same place. My mother in law used to comment all the time about why I was always so tired and pale. And my husband struggled to understand why intimacy was so difficult for us because of all the GYN problems I was having. My kids have suffered too...I'm only working on a certain percentage of my potential and it's been that way for a long time.

Still, it's weird to know that a part of me is gone. I try to imagine what that space looks like inside now that there is no womb and I can't quite figure out what is going on in there. I was advised to do some visualizations on a nice, healthy tummy full of healthy tissues and organs. I need to do more of that. It's easier to concentrate now than it was last week!

Thanks for your response! Take care,
-Miette
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordia2007
Hi Girls,
A sunny day here in Quebec. Went for my morning walk and prepared a 9 bean soup recipe for my slow-cooker. DD got the cooker out for me because it is too heavy. miette: you need the same internal healing as all us gals with TAH's, don't forget that and take care. Regarding the missing uterus, I just keep thinking that my poor little bladder must be more comfortable right now. Glad you had a good day.
(Just kidding).
oooohhhh, may I ask: what is the recipe for 9 bean soup? I love beans!! I know that sounds silly, but I really do and my kids like them too. Would love to get the recipe. What is a slow-cooker?

Yes, it's true... on the inside, we've all had the same surgery done, more or less. I'm very grateful that I didn't have to go through the trauma of having an external incision. I was really dreading that. There were a lot of times I wanted to cancel the whole surgery just because I couldn't face having them do a TAH... well, destiny interfered and at the last moment, I got a replacement surgeon who prefered TVH's. I thought that was pretty nifty. Other times, I'm curious as to whether or not it would have been better to have the TAH so they could get a good look at my ovaries because I have multiple cysts on them. oh well, can't say I am aching to do it all over again!

Take care!!
-Miette
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:55 AM

Hey there,

Today is my 3-week anniversary!! Wow - the time really has flown by. Of course, the first 10 days or so were a wash . . .

Yesterday I worked on addressing wedding envelopes using my computer. Thought it would be a fairly easy task - no heavy lifting or bending, right? Well, my printer is not beside my computer, so I was constantly jumping up to feed in paper (for my trial runs) and then envelopes - could only do 10 at a time since they're so thick. Fighting with the printer when it decided to eat an envelope was no fun either! So, that little, *easy* task took me all afternoon, and that "hurty spot" in my abdomen flared up last night. Slept in this morning, which felt good, but still feel kinda "heavy" below my waist.

Okay - I'm jumping over to the other site . . . .
Unread 04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Nogreat!

You're such a sweetie... really, you are. Thanks so much for your encouragement. It really helps to hear this from someone else who is going through it. I went for another walk today but due to bowel troubles I had to cut the length to only about 15 minutes.

You're right, my DH went back to work this week and so far it's been ok. The kids are in school half the day and then DH takes over when he gets home at 4:30. I've been very blessed to have so much support during this process!

Hope you are doing better and the pain is going away. I'll be thinking of you.

Hugs,
-Miette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register