Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 87 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

I'm with you on that one Becky. I can't remember where I've posted or if I've posted the same thing twice.
I envy all you who can nap during the day. It seems like I get a nap in every 2-3 days. The sleep is getting better at night but not nearly the normal 8-9 hours I ussually get. I'm thinking my body was so used to the big doses of exercise I was doing before surgery, plus the anesthesia, that it just doesn't want to settle down and sleep all the way through. The other part is dh is in India and we haven't been able to speak to each other since Mon. I'm used to him travelling-he's been doing it for 27 years-just not to third world countries 2 1/2 weeks after my surgery. Oh well at least he comes home this Sun. Both of my kids still live at home so I'm not alone perse-just missing my best pal. Have a good night. I'm going to go try to finish my afghan I'm crocheting and see what's on TV. ((HUGS)) Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 06:55 PM

Thanks for the input
As far as I know I do not have a fever, just took temp but having a hot flash so it is so fricken confusing when that happens.

I have a generic drug store Neosporin, never had a problem with it and used it for a while when I had surgery 2yrs ago.
Which means nothing since you can develope allergies to things you used all your life at any time.

Hubby thinks I may have thrown my ph balance off with the epsom salt bath.

*** edited part
Usually I make my own bath salt and glycerin is added to the epsom salt so he may just be right.

I am not sure if my doc has a pager or anything. I know the last time I called and she was not in the office they just put down my name for her to call the next day.

If I start running a fever I will take action.

I can sooth the itching with a cool compress and it might help relieve it.

I know when I used to get a rash as a kid my mom would wash me in phisoderm (sp?) and it would clear it up in no time, but I want to talk to a nurse before I do anything like that.

*hugs* thanks ladies
Unread 04-11-2007, 07:07 PM

Hey all,

Signing off early tonight - won't be very good company, I'm afraid. I haven't experienced any of the mood swings that some of you have until today. My daughter's fiance said something that just didn't set well with me, and I went to my bedroom and just cried. I'm not normally like that, and what's really bad is I can't shake this feeling. I've been weeping off and on ever since . . . . .

Hope y'all have a good evening . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 07:09 PM

Hope you find out what the rash is. I had a skin staff infection I caught from a gym one time-very itchy-hope it's not that.
Not that I'm glad to see most of you feeling wiped out, but relieved that I wasn't the only one. I felt like that Sun and Mon. Just draggy. But the last 2 days I've felt like myslef. Been able to extend exercising and housework and not be tired. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to go to the gym and take half a cycling class.

My doc did a GREAT job on my incision. It's just the thinnest line imagineable. He used my old csection incisions and must have cleaned them up. It's just so thin and small.
Have a good night-here's hoping we all sleep well
Unread 04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
rash on incision

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey
*complain rant swear throwing things*

I have what appears to be a rash developing around my incision site.
Of course this happens after the doc office is closed.
Can't even call the cousin who is a nurse because she is at work.

Posted on the main board about it seeking any insight or extra things I ought to ask the nurse tomorrow.

I am not sure what is causing it but it does look at first glance like a typical prickly heat rash you get when things aren't kept dry.
Then again, with rashes you never know until the doc looks at it.

Just REALLY annoyed about this and depressed to boot.

If I had known years ago I would have lost weight or something.

dang it
mersey...i had a tah on mar. 22 with a vertical incision from pubic area to just beneath breastbone (long story but 2nd surgery). approx. day 7 post-op, 2 days after i got home from hospital, the mid-area of my incision became very red and burning. my surgeon didn't want to diagnose over the phone and advised me to go to my family dr. or nearest e.r. for medical advice. i went to an urgent care facility where the dr. dx a skin infection (on the outside) and ordered an i.v. antibiotic to be started immediately, effects which would last 24 hrs., then would need to be changed every day by a home care nurse for 5 days. he also said i should go back to my surgeon the next day.

so next day i waited for my surgeon in the e.r. of the hospital where he practices for him to come out of surgery to see me. he sent his resident, who has been looking after me since day 1. the resident agreed it was a skin infection. he took out all the staples and put a light dressing on. he discontinued the antibiotic i.v. and prescribed an oral antibiotic (keflex, i think) for 7 days.

all that w/e the incision was leaking this blood-tinged fluid so i kept the dressing on until my appt. with my family dr. she said everything looked fine, just clean with saline and cover lightly. ideally, it should be left open, but not practical because it would leak all over my clothes.

2 days later, still leaking and now you can see a pinhole where the fluid is. back to the family dr. once again,everything looked fine but she was concerned there might be a large pocket forming underneath which could become problematic. she sent me immediately for an ultrasound (luckily i didn't have to drink anything for this), just to confirm there was no large pocket underneath. the radiologist confirmed that the hole was superficial, not very deep, and no large pocket...whew!!

had there been a large pocket, i would have had to have a drain installed.

anyways, this happened to me a lot earlier in my recovery than yours, so may be completely different. just wanted you to know my situation. i never did have a fever during this. it seemed that the medical people wanted this looked at asap. my incision is still leaking, saw the resident today for my post-op and he said it looked fine...it was okay that it was leaking and to continue to clean it with saline and put on dressing.

hope yours isn't anything too serious but do see about it...even your family dr. if he or she is closer than the surgeon.
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:01 PM

Thanks for posting and sending the PM to draw my attention to it.

I will definitely be asking the doc to check to make sure no pocket is there. They have a great ultrasound set up in office so it shouldn't be a big problem.

I've got a list and what is going on ready and by the phone.
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:05 PM

Evening Friends...

Just checking in from Texas. Okay...I'm glad its not me, but I am also having a hard time getting caught up on both threads and feel frustrated that I am not able to respond to things that I think I could give input to. Plus, I am a little 'slow" in trying to remember what's what and whos who sometimes

Becky: Hopefully Catherine can move us to a single site. Thanks for looking into it.

Recovery status: I slept great last nite with out any sleep aids, but I woke up tired. I felt tired most of the day, but stayed active by watching my hubby do yard work. I have been very anxious with a lack of "normal activity". The wx was beautiful today and I was actually able to get some sun. By 7, I was totally pooped and headed to the couch for a little American Idol. See ya Haley!!

I still have drainage, but it is getting a lot better..and I still have painful twinges and "heaviness" in my lower abdomen.

I have my 3 week Dr. appt tomorrow. I have to admit that I am not looking forward to the ole pelvic exam. I'll fill you in on the details tomorrow.

Libido...oh yeah, its coming back and I am glad to hear that other ladies are starting to feel it to. My hubby and I have been talking about "the next step" but we both agree its too soon. But, other forms of initmacy have been given a test ride and I was glad to see all was not lost Plus, as each day passes i find myself thinking a little more about sex...but not as nearly as much as I did pre-op. Gosh, I hope that changes

Anyway, gotta go. Sweet Dreams my Hottie Hyster Sisters!

rabbit
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:37 PM

sheesh, someone remind to check more often.
If I can sit here for an hour I will read the past 12 pages I missed tomorrow, which means 3 more will be posted *lol*
Unread 04-11-2007, 09:13 PM

Hey Ladies, hope everyone is going to sleep well tonight.
Mersey - My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight, hopefully this is just a small thing and nothing more. Keep us posted.
I really went and jacked myself up today! First of all I ate some chili and beans that made my stomach bloat up like a balloon, then I went with DH and DD to Target to get a gift for a friend's B-day and another friends Wedding, I must have walked way too much I'm a hurt'n unit right now. I'm going to drink the Sleeptime tea that my Mom bought for me, and I'm going to bed! Sweet Dreams Sisters!
BJ
Unread 04-11-2007, 09:34 PM

Jazzy - I'm reading a book thats one of Oprah's picks called The Heart is a Lonley Hunter. I'm like you I just started it so, I'm not ready to recommend it yet...I'll let you know.
SuzieQ - Sorry to hear you got your feeling hurt, I know how that can be, my kids have been treating me the way the always have (rotten)but my feelings get hurt now all of a sudden. Just know that we are here for you.
Becky - Hopefully you will get a response from Catherine soon, this thread hopping has got me so frustrated. I'm not very clear headed these days and It takes me way too long to read all these posts then I sometimes I have to reread them because I loose track or one of my kids distracts me then I get grumpy... You get the picture...
Ta Ta for now! Brenda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register