Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 88 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinpic
Just a thought:

I love to read and respond to all the posts but am finding it somewhat irritating going back and forth. I tend to lose my place (plus I am NOT good at multi-tasking). Maybe we could all private message Catherine: if we promise to post our important recovery questions in the general post-op forum so that all the sisters on the site could give their wisdom and input, could we go back to just one posting area for our group? I know we are a social bunch and want to talk about more than just the surgeries, but those things are also part of our recovery: what makes us feel better, how the family is doing with it all, etc. Frankly it was easier when we could just do the one and I think some of the gals are dropping back on their posting because it is a pain flitting back and forth. Plus we are just duplicating some of what we've already posted from one forum to the other.

Not trying to be the troublemaker again... (smile smile).
((( Ladies )))
This isn't Catherine's decision to make.

The Progress Reports are set up in the post-op forum specifically for members to post about their hysterectomy progress.

Once the chatter begins, the in and out of vacations, daily lives, children, hair appointments, etc, the posts belong in the clubhouse just like other members have discovered.

There is life in other forums. Its what 100,000+ other women have discovered.

The progress report thread isn't meant to go on forever....but until you stop posting about your hysterectomy. Once your life is above and beyond your hysterectomy, you post here as you enjoy friendships made.

Thanks for understanding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 10:12 PM

hi everyone...here is an update on my post-op appt on wed., apr. 11. my incision, although still leaking, is looking just fine according to the resident and i should keep cleaning it with saline and changing dressing until eventually it heals.

he said the cancer was removed by the surgery and has scheduled my chemo appts. first one is next week, apr. 19...a treatment every 3 weeks for a total of 6 treatments.

i asked the immediate, necessary medical questions i had but didn't ask about the dx., the type of ovca, staging, etc. because i overheard that they were 2 hours behind. my appt. was for 3:20 and we got in at 4:45. the resident remained calm and was very kind and gentle with me. i asked him what the result of the biopsy of the omentum was that i had done at the first surgery at another hospital. everything was sent to this new hospital for second opinions. he started to look thru my file but couldn't find it...he said it would be on the computer. i didn't pursue it because i realize there were other people there, some older and some worse off than me and needed to spend more time with the dr. and that is why they get behind. if i needed more time, i would expect the dr. to give it to me also, but my questions re dx. can wait until another appt. i was wondering if i could get a copy of the pathology report and operative report as i did with the first surgery at the other hospital?

so that's my update...i think positive (i'm sure they didn't remove all the cancer, but hopeful that the chemo will take care of it).
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:34 PM

Nogreat: I'm sending big comforting hugs your way. I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this. Don't be afraid to pursue your questions to the doc. You are just as important as the next patient. Keep us updated, ok?

Hugs,
-Miette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 10:35 PM

Mersey,

So sorry to hear of your prickly rash. I hate those! I used to get a rash in the summer pretty regularly due to heat and moisture. I'm hoping some special creams will clear that up for you straight away.

Hugs,
-Miette
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:49 PM

dear miette...thanks for your support and i will keep you all informed as to my progress. i'm getting better every day, looking after my own needs and doing light chores. i even forget when it's time to take my pain meds so maybe the pain is starting to subside.

hope you're having a wonderful day today...just enjoy the fresh air and sunshine of beautiful norway along with your young family! it's 12:48 a.m. here in toronto and i'm wide awake, getting caught up on my postings here and emails to my friends. goodnight and good morning!
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:50 AM

Hello Girlies !
Judging by your postings - I seem to be having a really easy time unless something awful happens to teach me a lesson !

- I scared myself at about 10 days post op when I got up from a chair awkwardly and felt a sharp pain on my right side - it nagged all day so I took a couple of hospital paracetomol 500 m. each, as my parents were taking me out for lunch and I didn't want to worry them by cancelling ..

baaaad idea! as they say over here - I was 'out with the fairies' - (not used to the drugs). Only pain I have now is a slight sting across the wound - I had a button stitch - like long 'cheesewire' they take out after 5 days leaving a thin line. We are told here in the UK to do NOTHING for 6 weeks - lifting, driving, resuming work, even hanging up laundry and if you read the Hystersister advice for weeks 3 to 4 you'll see why - frightened me to death !

I started post op on an estrogen jel (the surgeon took everything inc. ovaries) rubbed into the abdomen each morning - it's called Sandrena and I feel teriffic ! apparently when drugs are taken orally they have to give a much higher dose because the liver, stomach and intestines grab some before we get the hormone - therefore side effects. A jel is a much lower dose as it's gets staight to work on the bloodstream within 1 minute - my sister lives in France and this is how they take all drugs over there to protect the liver - it certainly works for me so far. Pain is still there when using bladder - I think it's still sulking after being poked about and enduring a catheter for 4 days. Next week I've decided to be virtuous (because I'm bored ) and make some chutney for family and friends .. anybody fancy some ?
Listen to your body ladies and keep reading the advice on this website - the surgeon did a teriffic job for us - lets not spoil it ! Hugs to all ...
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:28 AM

Good morning, Ladies,

Sorry for being so gloomy last night - yesterday was a rough day for me and I was feeling rather "fragile," I guess. My future son-in-law is a *bit* spoiled and has no problems spouting off when things aren't going his way. I have kept my mouth shut so far, but now I think it's time to have a talk with my daughter since talking to him would accomplish nothing . . . . lovely . . . .

Insomnia came back last night - got to sleep okay with the help of Tylenol PM, but was wide awake at 3 a.m. Been up ever since. However, on the bright side, I've got my "sexy" back! Nice to know some things still work!

Well, here's hoping today will be a better day for me. Hope it's a good one for all of you as well!
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:32 AM

Good Morning All,

Off to my 3 week Post op later this am. I've been having a rough couple of days. (will rant on other thread later). I am so 'out' of it. I feel like doing NOTHING. Cried non stop yesterday and think I scared DH to death. He was very supportive, though. God love him!

I am having all those same physical symptoms you all talk about. The stinging, pulling etc. Yesterday and still this am I have this pain in my butt, like something is pulling. DH did give me a back rub and hit that spot as well.

On the positve side, during that back rub...as rabbit put it...other forms of intimacy were explored. I am happy to report things seem so far to be in working order! Not ready at all for the big step yet!

I am unble to take any RX HRT due to other conditions. Has anyone used or heard about Black Cohosh? I think I will post a new thread about this too.
I am thinking I need something to relieve my mood swings, night sweats and hot flashes. I am miserable.

Nogreatmischief- You are in my prayers. Your journey is just beginning and remember your sisters are here for you.
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:56 AM

Well no rest for the weary. Woke up several times but went back to sleep-just wish I could get a solid night sleep. I'm planning on going to the gym and taking half of a cycling class. I have to run to the store and get ds' meds and a birthday card for dd (we share a birthday tomorrow).
Finally heard from dh in India. Of all things-he dropped his cell phone and when he picked it up he had coverage. When he was in Bangalore 3 days ago his rep put him up in the wrong hotel-in the wrong side of town. He went for and "explore" (walk-he exercises like I do) and people were staring at him-in a malicious way. He gets back to the hotel and his rep can't believe he went out. Thank goodness dh is almost a black belt in Taekwondo. When he gets in that situation he "puts his ears on". That's a term I've used to coach him in competition. Actually that would work for those of us recovering. It means shoulders back, stand tall and postition your ears over your shoulders. It makes you look strong and confident. My dh always manages to find the more "interesting" parts of every city he visits. I swear that man has a very large gaurdian angel.
Anyway off to cycling-wish me luck. It'll be nice to see the other cycling nuts. I miss them so. Have a good day
BTW, I think I'm just going to post here-I'm getting tired of hopping back and forth-too much reading for this brain fogged mind. I understand the rules but don't have to like them. Besides, if I post recovery question on the Recovery week-it's all the same people posting. You usually don't get people from other times going through the posts. Does that make sense?? Anyway good morning to all.
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:57 AM

Good Morning Sisters......hope everyone slept well.

Jane, so sorry you had such a tough day yesterday. I didn't feel myself either yesterday. Just blah......no real explanation. I hope today is a better day for you. Glad to hear that 'things' are still in order. At least we have something to look forward to!

Lenaise....'out with the fairies' - that's funny! I'll have to remember that one. Mmmm, what kind of chutney? My best friend is from India and we always had Mango chutney. Guess you can make it from anything.......I think what you do in the UK and what your sister does in France makes a lot of sense. Nothing better then protecting our organs! Many years ago we were giving penicillan shots which always made me feel better so much quicker then the pills we're prescribed for 10 days!

Have a few things to do today.....hope I have the strength! Feel better everyone! s Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register