Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 92 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

I was reading on one of the other boards that a certain apple cider vinegar is good for hot flashes.

for those asking about black cohosh, please be careful and check with your dr. about taking it and soy products. They can be too similar to your natural hormones and if you have a hystery of certain types of cancer's in your family or personally they are not recommended as they can encourage the growth of those estrogen based cancers.

My mom had to stop taking her soy and black cohosh due to her sister having this kind of uterine cancer. So, we both are looking into alternatives and the apple cider vinegar liquid seems to be something we are leaning toward.

check with your dr... each person has to find what works for them. BTW... it did work for my mom, she was just advised to stop taking them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 12:56 PM

Jpgurl: When you did the spin class, you said you didn't do any long standing climbs. Did you stay in the saddle or did you come out any? I am curious because my doc said I could start back to step and spin class slowly next Tuesday (4 week mark). The spin classes at my gym last an hour and they are very intense, so I will probably do like you and stay for 1/2 class.

I was certified to teach years ago but didn't pursue it. I enjoy the classes so much. The hour flies by.

Miette: Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Clinpic: Sorry to hear about your dog. I have a pomeranian with a very, very sensitive stomach. In fact, he has to eat special food that I can only get from the vet. If he eats anything else, he vomits.

Was going to walk here in the subdivision today. Beautiful day, 65 degrees, but too windy, so I am off to the gym.

Have a wonderful afternoon!

Kim
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:15 PM

Ok, I didn't walk, but I did vacuum and dust the house, cleaned the kitchen and am headed to clean the bathroom, so that will have to do for now in the exercize dept.

My husband and I were on a missions trip several years ago to Asia. We had a wonderful opportunity to be with a group of Tamal Indians. I honestly think one of the most strikingly beautiful women I have ever seen was a young lady in that group. Her eyes weren't brown, they were golden.

I've never made chutney before, but would love to try. I am a great cook but because of the busy-ness of our lives, seems like we tend to live from one restaurant or fast food place to the next.

I managed to drop a few pounds before the surgery, but would love to drop the final five. I've stayed within the same five to eight pound area since my last son was about two (sixteen now), but then this past summer we took our kids on a cruise and I came home at my heaviest. It's only been in the past few months I'm back within that normal range. I've always wanted to ditch the five though so maybe now is that time? I tend to be a bit obsessive about the whole weight thing, probably because there are some very very large people on both sides of my family. My husband says its the West Virginia hillbilly in me from my mom's side. I've watched her battle the scale for my whole life and she's never conquered it. Sadly its really affected her physically as well.

Vikki, you've got to get over your fear of crossing the ocean. The world is huge and amazing. We've been in a lot of countries; some favorites, others not, but what a great way to experience other people and cultures.

Well you all are amazing and inspirational. I'd love to name you all by name and tell you that personally, but darn it, I can't remember my name half the time and I'm still young (I keep telling myself that anyways, heehee).

Back to cleaning while everyone is gone.
Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Lifting a 'Heavy' Bag.

I'm going away to a show - I'd booked it weeks ago but then my surgery wasn't due till June then was brought forward to 21 March.

I'll be staying over with a friend and I've only packed the bare necesities but my bag weighs 9lbs.

Did I read somewhere in week 3 we could lift up to 10lbs.

I'm on crutches permanently outdoors... Would it be better for me if I used a Rucksack instead of a bag across my shoulder and chest?

I will be travelling by train and need to change half-way.

My Gynae has told me to avoid things for double the amount of time 'Normal' Pateints are advised due to my complex medical issues.

Thanks
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:23 PM

Well I celebrated my 3 week anniversary today with a Dentist appt. Woo Hoo! I had to have a cavity filled and couldn't do it before the surgery, because I was so weak and sick. I did pretty good this morning, I actually took a little cat nap in the chair before the Dentist came in to start the process. I'm still pretty numb from the injection, but feel pretty good. On the way home from the Dentist, I stopped by my office to take a co-worker a B-Day gift and I got to see all my work friends. It was great to see them, I've been gone for 3 weeks and everyone looked diffrent to me, they all told me I look pretty good, but still too skinny. I told them I am working on it and I've gained 5 lbs could use maybe another 5 then I'll look better. Well I need to check my emails, so I better close for now. I've enjoyed reading all your posts girls. I'll check in later. Hugs! B
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:30 PM

just checking to see how everyone's appt's went today?
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:33 PM

hi jpgurl...i would have loved to have visited bangalore...it is supposed to be a wonderful city. oh yes, we got stared at all the time...the young women were so impressed that my daughter could wrap her own sari! i wore those 2-pc. indian outfits (forget what they are called)...and you wear a matching scarf around your neck. the clothing is ideal, believe it or not...somehow suited to the hot climate.

we were there for 3 weeks. the newlyweds went off on their own, honeymooned in the maldives, then stayed with family members. we had this most wonderful young man as our driver for a week, he is employed by the grandparents...driving there is crazy! my poor husband got very sick and on the most romantic part of our trip. we were on a 2-day cruise of the backwaters of kerala...we had a cook, and a captain (i guess). shortly after getting aboard my husband began to feel ill. he became feverish, then had terrible diarrhea...refused to see a dr. along the backwaters. (son-in-law's father insisted the captain take a cellphone for just this thing...he kept in regular contact with us throughout the day). so we went on like this overnight...he was in a terrible state. the next morning i asked them to take us back. we took a taxi back to our hotel and my husband and i spent a whole week in the hotel, recuperating. the in-laws came to see us and offered a dr. but my husband still refused...foolish him. luckily he survived...what an ordeal. everyone thought i would be the one to get sick because i used to suffer from migraines, but i was perfectly healthy! had to look after everything that week...usually my husband looks after me!

how exciting for your husband...he sounds like quite the adventurer, wanting to experience "the other side of town". we have always done that on our travels also, but probably won't anymore...too many senseless crimes being committed these days, even at the so-called safe resorts. congrats on being offered the spinning instructor job...you are truly getting better every day.

re the distillery district...please visit...you would not believe the changes...condos, boutiques...i haven't even visited there myself but i see all the ads in the tourist magazines and newspapers. it has truly become the "trendy" area of toronto.

nice getting to know everyone...keep posting...i guess eventually this will be the forum we can "meet" and keep up with each others' lives and recoveries. any suggestion as to where is the best place on this website to post pics?
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:38 PM

Update on the rash
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=294781

I looked up Stoppard's book at my local library online.
I am picking it up this afternoon.
Thank you so much for mentioning it. The summary sounded promising.
I was headed there any way today to get a book on women's cancers from the Mayo Clinic and a few light reading items.

Second day on my first non-period.
I tell ya, if it stays like this then I will be happy.
One little spot, like the disacharge you get (but far far less) that tells you you had better grab a pad in 4hrs cause here it comes!

As for being "interested", that hit me around day 9 or 10 and my brain told my body "SHUT UP!"
We got the all clear from the doc at the 2 wk check up
Posted about that many many MANY pages back *lol*

Here's looking towards next week and the 4th week mark.

My hormones seem to be settling some more, now if only that incision would close up for me I would feel A LOT better.

I feel human today
itchy but human
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogreatmischief
any suggestion as to where is the best place on this website to post pics?
Just pm distracted1 and she can give you the photobucket info.
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinpic
Vikki, you've got to get over your fear of crossing the ocean. The world is huge and amazing. We've been in a lot of countries; some favorites, others not, but what a great way to experience other people and cultures.
Becky
I do so love other cultures. My town, while very small, has such a diverse ethnicity......folks from Mexico, Somalia, Bosnia, Vietnam, Russia.....and more I'm sure that I'm not thinking of.

It's a great thing, getting to know them and sharing our cultures with each other. I really have learned so much!!

Several years ago, a Bosnian couple that DH and I are very close to, tried and tried to convince me to go back "home" with them. It just wasn't possible, due to work circumstances.........but I have to be honest, I was a little thankful that it didn't work out. The thought of 24 hours over the ocean scared the bejebus out of me!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register