Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 94 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Good evening Ladies. Three week checkup today. No pelvic, new medication to help me sleep, I can drive and take a bath. What more could a girl want? Well, ask that girl's DH who has now marked the calendar with the 6 week post op appointment!!!

I then went to school (kiddies are on spring break) to get lesson plans for next week. I am out one more week that I need to plan for. My sub is actually coming to my house to plan tomorrow. Anyhow, may have overdone it at school as of course the room was a mess (not up to my standards ) so DH and I spent about 45 minutes cleaning and laying things out for next week. I think I am ready to go back. I felt a lot better being there today than I did when I went last week. At any rate, I will be back soon and I am finally able to think I just might make it!

DH was on a mission this week to buy a new car so after school we did just that. It's my car to drive and I am a little leery...it's a 5 speed manual transmission. I LOVE that but since I haven't even driven an automatic in three weeks, I am wondering how the manual will go. Anybody yet driving a manual? I am worried about the extra pulling etc.

DH is on this spending spree since there has been no sex in the house. This next three weeks better go quickly or we'll be broke. (Bought a TV last week, an MP3 player and now the car!!) He needs a NEW hobby.

My Swelly Belly band arrived today and boy does it feel good. Wish I had ordered sooner.

Hope you all have a restful night and sweet dreams. My cleaning lady comes tomorrow.....I know, I know. I don't have many vices but that is one of them!! She is worth her weight in gold. I'd give up eating to pay here every two weeks!

Night all,
Jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks sis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovydiva
Janine, Your post really put a smile on my face! You deserve so much respect for quitting smoking and sticking to it. My dear friend has been a smoker almost her entire life. She desperately needs to quit, but just can't. Recently she tried the patch, but even smoked with the high dose patch on and it did faise her a bit. It is super hard. Congrats on 77 days!
Thanks so much for the props! How I quit? I told myself that I was not going to smoke today, everyday (sound like AA.) Hey, when I read my preview, I noticed a little rhyme (today, everyday, AA!)

I still have a pack in my coat pocket and a lighter in my purse (I bet they would be nice and fresh!!)

I'm one of those people who, if someone tells me not to do something, I have to do it. I found that true even if I tell myself not to do something (and I'm 41-years-old!) I have thrown away so many packs, tried patches, gum, those things that look like little cigarettes that you actually inhale (they were the best.)

Have a great day!

Janine
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Reply to post

nogreatmischief (I'll just bed that' sarcasm,)

I'm glad I can cause a smile or two. Sometimes, it's all that can get us through that moment.

As far as the "Smilies," when you're typing your message, look directly to the right. You'll see a little box. Just click "more" and you'll get a cute little new window open up. Click in your message where you want a particular "Smilie", and click on the "Smilie" in the window. If you click in your message, you'll notice "Smilie List-HysterSister" down in your open window line at the bottom of your screen. Just click back and forth. As a "Crown Jewel" (audio - fanfare), you can use ten in each message. I love the color and the fun.

How's your weather? Our snow is just about gone after a couple 40 degree days. And I saw my first robin of the spring on Tuesday!

Take care!

Janine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 06:36 PM

so, had a good trip for dinner for the little dude tonight. When we were on our way home, the parking lot was bumpy, and DH says.......hold your bellies girls......"I'm sorry am I jiggling your giblets?" I died.. thought you might want a laugh.....
Unread 04-12-2007, 06:47 PM

That's is so cute!!! Priceless! Gotta love DH's sense of humor.

Thanks for sharing - shared it with BF and DS!

Hope you enjoyed dinner! s Paula
Unread 04-12-2007, 07:05 PM

I posted on the other board, but realized I posted here that I was going to take DS to dinner tonight for his 7th birthday. It was good he is the shy one so the flaming sparkler like candle that shot up in the air in the restaurant was an interesting touch and his eyes were like saucers. I however hardly ate a thing because I couldn't get comfortable in the booth with my belly-band on!

Before we left, I had a total emotional break down, first I was angry with the DS's...I was ready to bite their cute little heads off. Then I was IM'ing my cousin who's mom died a week and a half before my surgery of uterine cancer and she was telling me about her sons birthday party in a couple of weeks at the park where my grandfather ran the train, well I live 1800 miles away from there and my kids are getting to old to appreciate the train. I bawled, and I cried for my aunt who was like a mom to me, my earliest memories of life are of her. I cried for my cousin who had to have an emergency hysterectomy in October and won't be able to have kids anymore and who wanted a large family... It was ugly.... but then I felt a little better. I never allowed myself to grieve my aunt's passing because I had to much to do before my surgery so I suppose it was good to let it out!
Unread 04-12-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
so, had a good trip for dinner for the little dude tonight. When we were on our way home, the parking lot was bumpy, and DH says.......hold your bellies girls......"I'm sorry am I jiggling your giblets?" I died.. thought you might want a laugh.....
Hope the birthday party for ds went well. Thanks to your dh for his great sense of humor. Gotta love it .
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:21 PM

hi distracted1...it's good for you to finally let your feelings out and grieve for your dear aunt. it is important to be able to feel, whether it be joyful or otherwise. your aunt would want you to go on with your life and to continue to have fond memories of the close relationship you had with her. i'm an aunt too and i have helped to raise my sister's two children...the oldest now 13 and the youngest 4, both of whom i babysat since they were 1 yr. old. the 13 yr. old looks after himself now, but i babysat the 4 yr. old up until i was diagnosed. i know i would want them to have the happiest of lives and hope that they would cherish the relationship we had. i know the 4 yr. old misses me but i'm glad she's doing so well with a babysitter who looks after others as well.

i'm sorry you got upset with your 2 little ones...you're human...and little ones can be challenging (that's putting it nicely...lol). i always regretted showing my anger towards my kids when they were young...i hope i have redeemed myself over the years.

so, don't be so hard on yourself. with everything you have gone thru it's perfectly understandable that you will feel so emotional about things. we have all had to concentrate on ourselves since before and after the surgery...now that we are recovering, we can think about others and have compassion for those who have suffered losses.

i hope you continue to feel better and to get better...you are still recuperating, don't forget. i haven't been out to a restaurant since the surgery...just the dr. and hairdresser, so you are doing great in that respect. sweet dreams!
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:27 PM

Hello everyone,

Another blah day for me today - guess I overdid it Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Yuck - getting tired of being tired all the time! All I wanted to do was sleep today . . . . and so I did . . . .

distracted1 - glad you got to take the kiddo out for his birthday. I bet he had a ball! However, so sorry about the emotional breakdown, but good you were finally able to grieve your aunt's passing. Hugs to you, my friend!

j9mattfield - truly enjoyed your post! Yeah, mood swings - aren't they fun? Mine have been mostly the "weepy" sort, but I'm sure the ranting will be here shortly! With regard to getting my "sexy" back, well, I had insomnia again last night and figured if I couldn't sleep, then why should my husband???

Oh, woo-hoo for you on making it through day 77 without a cigarette!! That is so totally awesome!!!

nogreatmischief, my bm's have been pretty smelly as well (yeah, I know - TMI!). I attibute it to the iron tabs I'm having to take. Which can cause other BM issues, so I have to take a laxative along with it. *sigh* BTW - Ate an apple this afternoon and OMG - let's just say I didn't need the laxative today . . . . BTW - you were really patient with your doctor's office. Even though they were running behind, they still had an obligation to you. I hope you get the answers to your questions next time. Sending a big HUG your way, my friend.

teacherjpm, glad your check-up went well! Mine is next Friday - whatcha wanna bet I'll have to have a pelvic . . . .

Lenaise - glad to hear you're doing well! I'll have to remember that phrase 'out with the fairies' - that's so cute! Never had chutney, but it sounds YUM - how about sending some my way???

Jazzy - know that blah feeling well, unfortunately. Hope today was a better day for you!

concordia2007 - are you feeling any better tonight? Hope so!

angelic - wow, guess you learned the hard way (like me!) to not overdo. I sure hope you're doing better tonight . . . .

Bionic - I use a backpack (is that the same as a rucksack?) whenever I travel (and I travel a lot for business). Keeps my hands free plus it distributes the weight evenly. I don't even notice it's there once I have it on even though it can get quite heavy (I carry my laptop among other things). Since you're on crutches, it won't get in the way like a "swinging" bag could. Plus I know of too many folks who ended up with back/shoulder/neck problems from using bags that hang off your shoulder. Have fun on your trip!

mersey - hope your rash is better. I read your "rash" thread and have to agree with what that other person said. I "air-dried" my incision after showering (no soap - just let the suds wash over it). The nurses at the hospital also told me to not cover it with any bandages, although they did say I could use some gauze (which did help with the drainage). They also said for me to air it frequently. I had no problems with it (so far, knock on wood!).

Okay - sure hope I didn't say anything illegal in this post. Take care - hope everyone has sweet dreams!
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:45 PM

Well I thought dh would be rather impressed with my burst of housekeeping today but all I got was the lecture on doing too much (ok, I really did pick up the corner of the loveseat and move it back onto the area rug - I know, stupid). Now I am having ovary (I guess they are ovary) twinges and my lower back hurts. Plus my dh and my ds's think I am being irrational. I don't understand their logic since all I did was cry once, yell maybe twice at all of them, say something really nasty to the dogs, well you get the picture. Did I say my butt hurt? I want to be an exercize buff ready to take the world on, but all I want to really do right now is pitch a fit before bed, take something to knock me out and skip life until morning. But wait, if I'm really lucky, my dog will puke for me tonight. Three in a row, right? Geez, I sound like a Please don't override the website censor.! So sorry. Just letting it rip I guess. I did tell dh that you all said it was understandable and perfectly normal for this phaze of my healing to be this way - the irrational part. He still doesn't get it, the big boobyhead anyway. I'll be happy in the morning, promise. Then I'll say goodbye as we head out for a trip.

Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register