Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 95 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Oh, all this talk about travel makes me want to get up and go! Hubby and I haven't been out of the country yet (well, except for Mexico and Canada) - we're trying to do all of the US before going overseas. There is so much beauty in this country of ours! We like to take driving trips - fly somewhere, rent a 4-wheel drive, pick up a map, and just go. Wherever we end up at the end of the day is where we spend the night. The most recent included parts of Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, South Dakota, New Mexico, Idaho - every place is so different and so beautiful. We also took an Alaskan cruise, which was awesome. I do quite a bit of business travel, and it's taken me to some wonderful places here in the US. If I go to a place I haven't been before, I try to add on a couple of days and see the sights. Among the most memorable have been the rain forest in Puerto Rico, the Grand Canyon, King's Canyon and Yosemite (giant sequoia's) in California. We are nature lovers and tend to build our vacations around visiting national parks and stuff like that.

Speaking of DHs - told mine the other day that I had finally taken my steri-strips off. He said, oh - those things that were holding your legs on???

Sweet dreams, everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 09:54 PM

Oh, Becky, bless your heart! I totally understand, GF! I haven't gotten the urge to yell yet, but I'm sure it's coming. Sending a big your way!!
Unread 04-12-2007, 10:30 PM

We've all had our BLAH days & I'm sure there are more to come! I had a day that I felt kinda good post-op & over did it, of course I got yelled, ended up crying...I was so sore the next day. Not doing that again!

I didn't know there were emotional phases during the healing, I mostly just cry. I had a surprise SAH (kept ovaries & cervix) 3 wks post-partum for excessive bleeding. It was supposed to be a 20min DNC but ended up to be a 4hr procedure including a blood transfusion.

How long does it take for the "swelly belly" to go away? I used to be a size 6 & now after the "H" coupled w/ childbirth I'm a 10! I am so wanting to get back to normal & hit the gym like I used to!

I was told by my Dr. that I can't even go back to work after the 8wk period because my work is too strenuous. I am a Licensed Massage Therapist, I do alot of deep tissue & medical massage. I can't imagine doing that right now because of how weak my abs feel.

Do you ladies still have that weak sore feeling in the abs? What helps, if anything? I feel like I got beat up!

Any ideas on what to do for insomnia? I am having trouble sleeping, the baby even sleeps through the night, so I can't blame it on her!

Are any of you out & about yet? That is aside from the scheduled Dr. visits! I'm going nuts not being able to drive. I am getting tired of sitting around the house, daytime T.V. is the worst!

I guess I needed to rant a bit & get it out of my system, thankfully everyone out there understands!

I am really glad I found this website, it's so great to read other stories & realize that I am not alone in what I'm going through.

to you all,
KimberJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2007, 10:41 PM

Hey, KimberJ,

I was surprised about the emotional phases as well. I read posts from other ladies talking about their crying jags, and thought, well, I sure am glad that hasn't affected me. Well, I spoke too soon! These past couple of days have been very rough on me - very weepy and sensitive to every little thing. I guess it's our ovaries trying to get their act together after being "asleep" for so long!

However, you've had a couple of major issues hit you at almost the same time - childbirth and then your hysterectomy. Bless your heart, no wonder you're crying all the time! Your whole body must be off-balanced. If you can (and I know it's hard with a newborn), take some time for yourself. Read a bit, walk a bit, just sit outside and enjoy the sun - you need it and deserve it!

Dunno how long "swelly belly" lasts - I've had to pull out my too big jeans because my others were just too tight. I've been wearing some light support panties - they seem to help.

As for the insomnia, two Tylenol PMs have been helping me (except for last night!). Maybe you need to start winding down a little earlier, no caffeine after dinner, a nice warm bath or shower, read a boring book in bed. Maybe I need to take my own advice!!

Take care - sending a hug your way!
Unread 04-12-2007, 10:50 PM

HI Ladies..

I had a busy day today.

First...my 3 week follow-up. Yes, I had a a dreaded pelvic exam and it it made me nauseous and crampy the rest of the day. It was very uncomfortable even though my Dr. was very tender. The Dr. said that I still had a "a lot" of vaginal stitches and that I was only 70 percent heeled. He said that in the next week or so I would see the stitches eventually dissolve and exit my body...lovely. It just made me realize that my fear of anything penetrating the whazoo is a true and valid fear. I am not fully healed in that area and my mind is letting me know that. So, no sex (penetration that is) for at least 3 more weeks. But, I can drive and an begin "desk" work.

The Dr. also gave me a vaginal antibiotic to help with drainage so I could feel a little more "descent." However, the drainage has really begun to wean itself these past few days.

The rest of the day I had a backache and just wanted to lay down. However, I went home, and hubby cooked dinner for me and 3 friends. It was nice to have friends over to keep my mind off the unpleasantness of the day. I also had a few glasses of wine to take the edge off

Well, I am tired and I enjoyed reading your posts. I will check on you in the morning...as always. Love and hugs....Rabbit.
Unread 04-12-2007, 10:59 PM

Thanks Suzie-Q for the helpful hints! I'll have to ask my Dr. about the Tylenol because I'm still breast-feeding. I try winding down early but the minute my head hits the pillow... some nights.
I've been wearing maternity pants, kinda embarassing, but until I can go they'll have to do. I'm hoping the swelling will go down after the 8wk healing process.
Maybe tomorrow I'll try some warm milk or tea. I don't drink caffeine except for my 1c of coffee in the AM, otherwise it's water, milk or juice.

I'm getting a bit sleepy so maybe I'll be able to sleep tonight... we'll see.

to you

KimberJ
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:11 PM

Oh, Rabbit,

I'm so sorry about the outcome of your exam! Already feeling kinda yuck and then having to go through that as well. The stuff us ladies have to endure, right??

I, too, have had a backache these past few days - in fact, it's worse than my abdomen right now. I've been taking Advil just to relieve the back pains.

How nice your hubby cooked dinner! Mine is lost in the kitchen (we've eaten a LOT of take-out these past few weeks!). Sure am hoping you're feeling loads better tomorrow, my friend.

G'nite!
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:14 PM

KimberJ, don't be embarrassed about wearing your maternity pants. Lots of women have to wear them after giving birth - it takes awhile for our tummies to get back to normal. You've had a double whammy, too, so don't worry - your tummy will be back to normal in no time!

Hope you have a great night's sleep tonight!
Unread 04-13-2007, 03:51 AM

Hello All
i hope you all find the Menopause book useful - the info on hysterectomies etc is brilliant - she's also very non judgmental about all types of help - natural or synthetic during the menopause - I find that as a professional woman herself, she understands the issues that those of us in full time work have to face. We're supposed to behave and react just the same when re-entering the work place even tho we have been thro something life changing. My own boss questioned the amount of time I would need off work and said he'd had a heria operation that wasn't a big deal - so couldn't I buy an automatic car to get to the office ( I have a gear shift) and start work sooner ! So much ignorance around - some of the ladies at work even reassured me before the op about 'the wonderful things they can do with keyhole surgery these days'

I wanted to scream - couldn't they see the massive football I'd been growing for 6 months - there's no way that was coming out thro a blinkin' key hole ! aaaggghhh ..

never mind - you guys understand - and the meeting last night was painful - I didn't realise how sore it can be to sit but fortunatley somone took pity on me and brought me an old ladies soft seat chair - bliss !!! never mind the indignity - think of the tum !(and bum...)
I'm off for a walk now - yesterday I was sabotaged when a friend drove past within a minute of me leaving the house and drove me to the the village and bought me a cappucino and a cake - she felt sorry for me ! all good intentions out the window -
So now I'm off in disguise this time- I'm determined to get stronger by walking ... take care all ...
Unread 04-13-2007, 03:57 AM

whoops - sorry girls I think this went to the wrong forum - my brain has definitley gone on holiday ! sorry !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register