Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 - Page 97 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Unread 04-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 19-Mar 26,2007

Kim, it sounds like you did over an hour on the treadmill... I'm impressed! It was beautiful yesterday in 'Hotlanta', wasn't it. I took a 20-minute walk - it was too nice to stay inside all day.

I've got my post-op appt on Monday and it's helped to read everyone's posts on what happened at theirs. I've enjoyed the time off but work has started to creep into my thoughts, so I guess I'm getting better. My last steri strip came off today in the shower, which seems like another milestone in recovery.

Jpgurl, thanks for the info on the fate of our bodily organs. That's interesting. I just got my hospital records and there's no notation as to what happened to mine.

Concordia, I got my Swelly Belly Band yesterday and have used it several times. It feels good, but it's damp, so I've only worn it at home under a beach coverup. I tried wrapping it with plastic wrap to reduce moisture transfer but that reduced the cooling benefit.

Everyone, have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 09:08 AM

Ladies, I'm in between laughing and upset reading the three pages of posts I missed....okay, here we go....

Freezia, what you describe sounds like a mole. My mom actually got 'pregnant' (years ago), and at 5 months 'gave birth' to a growth with hair, etc. It was termed a "mole birth". Seems it begins as a pregnancy, but isn't viable.

JPgurl......LOL over your incinerated uterus! Doubt mine had any aspirations to go to medical school either.....so ours met their fate in fire.

Rabbit - sorry your experienced pain during your internal. Funny because mine is not scheduled until the 6 week mark. "Wazoo" had me hysterical. Hope it feels better soon!

KimberJ - I am also having issues staying asleep. Seems I fall asleep without much issue, but wake up to pee and then struggle to get back to sleep. Between that and BF's snoring, I'm doomed! May have to ask for Ambien CR - though I'd prefer not to add any additional meds to my growing repitoire. (sp?)

Lenaise.....sounds like your boss needs a reality check. Did he really say that? OMG - sometimes men really are STUPID! You'd think with all the technology in this world they'd come up with a smart pill.

Becky - wow, those s sound agitating. Can't say I've experienced them - so I'm hoping my ovaries have kicked into gear. Some of my friends end up having to change their nightgowns because of them. (I sleep sans any garments....) Sorry,

Kim - 4 miles???? You go girl! I'm getting really pumped listening to all you ladies who work out. I really miss it and can't wait to get back into it.

Miette!!!! Sounds like a lovely day in Norway and sitting on the veranda sounds like you're a Southern Bell. How are you feeling??

To anyone I missed - HI! Hope your day is a great one.

I'm feeling good. Had a bit of aches and dull pains going on down low, but I'm sure it was due to the need for a BM. Once I go, that seems to clear up.

Love ya's - Paula
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:08 AM

freezia, yikes on the dermoid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2007, 09:09 AM

I haven't lost a single steri-strip yet! I wish I would they are becoming bothersome.
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:12 AM

re: problems sleeping. Has anyone tried that "Sleepytime Extra" tea with valerian root? I've had the same problems everyone else is reporting, so I bought a box of the tea yesterday. It has warnings against operating heavy machinery after drinking it. I tried it last night and it did make me drowsy. But I was too afraid of waking up at 2am so I went ahead and hit the Tylenol PM. That seems to work pretty well - I still wake up during the night but I can get back to sleep. I would like to wean myself off of sleep aids though!
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miette
I'm very reflective lately about all this hysterectomy buisness. I have a problem with visualizing myself without a uterus. When I think of my tummy (or inside my tummy) I see a vacant place with sutures and whatnot and it completely freaks me out. I actually get dizzy and a little nauseaus. It's the idea that there is a "hole" in there that really freaks me out. I have to learn how to visualize healthy tissues and organs in there and no holes.
I'm pretty okay with losing my uterus until I think of it as my womb. Then I get all mushy and emotional and feel sorry that I don't have one. That might sound a little nuts... because of all the problems I had with my uterus...it was a nightmare! I think it's an aspect of my "womanness" that I'm grieving. My GYN told me that his more "mature" patients don't feel any regret or sorrow for losing their wombs but some of his more immature patients do. LOL.. ok, I'm immature!

Miette....I feel somewhat the same feelings of emotion when I think of having my parts taken out....actually with me it's more like I am "decieving" them (wierd I know) the reason I feel this way is that 4 years ago, I was fighting to keep everything in there, so I could have another baby, and I used and abused my poor body, and 1 little ovary with IVF (invtro fertilization) which was successful, Thank the Lord....and now that we are all done having children, I have it taken out....I know this is not rational thinking, as the hysterectomy was the last thing that I wanted, and my body couldn't take any more abuse...sorry if all this sounds like rambling...it feels that way in my head too I just wanted you to know that you are not the only "immature" one

I am having a lot of lower back and upper leg aches as well...sounds like a lot of us are...must be around that 3 week mark thing.....have fun with the and the new hair color!

jpgurl...very interesting about the missing parts being incinerated....I have to wait until the 6 week mark before my post-op appointment to find out if mine are going to school or not LOL!

Becky....again I can relate...we really have to be good about not over doing it....this recovery process sure is a tricky one...I hope you start feeling good after a nice long rest!

Kim...you are an inspiration to me...I am going to try to enjoy the nice crisp weather and go for a walk...as for the achy back....I took my motrin that the dr gave me and it worked wonders....I should have taken it sooner...no need to suffer!

Sorry if I missed any of my wonderful sisters....I wish you all a happy and comfortable Friday

Angie
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by distracted1
so, had a good trip for dinner for the little dude tonight. When we were on our way home, the parking lot was bumpy, and DH says.......hold your bellies girls......"I'm sorry am I jiggling your giblets?" I died.. thought you might want a laugh.....

that is absolutley the cutest...he he he !!!!
Unread 04-13-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie-q
Speaking of DHs - told mine the other day that I had finally taken my steri-strips off. He said, oh - those things that were holding your legs on???

Sweet dreams, everyone!

They can be so funny can't they. But why do they have to be funny when it hurts us to laugh?
Unread 04-13-2007, 10:05 AM

My DH wanted to be so helpful. Every time I would tell him my "privates" hurt, he would ask me if I wanted him to either rub it or kiss it and make it better!!

Sorry, maybe ??
Unread 04-13-2007, 10:13 AM

Hi,
I had my TAH 14th March, can't believe you are allowed out after so short a time!! In England we are in for a minimun of 5 days , cos I was doing so well i was allowed home 4 days post op- though must admit felt well enough in myself to come home earlier . How do you manage with your anti DVT injections - Fragmin (stings like hell) which we have for 4 days post op over here?
Our NHS is ofter criticised but I cannot fault the care and attention I received - from the decision to have TAH mid December - my consultant offered my first operation date as early as 7th January ( had to decline as am Practice Manager for General Practitioners - and no way the docs I work for would have gone for that!!) so managed to arrange work and home and pick a date of my choice. From the nurses on the wards to the aneasethetist , consultant, ladies who hand out the meals etc. all of them were absolutely fabulous. Couldn't fault the care i received. I had something which is quite new over here somekind of sticking tape to hold me together - no stitches or staples - so the scar is unbelievably neat -

Great to see what happens over there - we don;t expect to return to work for between 8 - 12 weeks either - I've noticed a lot of members seem to mention returning to work a lot earlier - perhaps we're just lazy over here?

Make sure you don't work too hard too soon - take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register