Any May sisters out there? - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Any May sisters out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyally
Oceandancer, that made me think. I may have another period before my castle visit late next week.

So I did a quick calculation and a rough estimate shows that I've had 585 periods over my life. That number somehow seems a little easier to take, rather than where I figure I have done this for 39 years now! Just for me, so OK, enough already!
I'm figuring about 475 periods, and maybe 2,375 days. That sounds like enough to me! One of my girlfriends asked what I was going to do with all the money I wasn't spending on "sanitary supplies". I guess I'll buy chocolate...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 02:46 PM

New Life, this is too funny (except that you have to live with it). The purple isn't so bad, that could be kinda cool, but the mullet definitely has to go. Unfortunately, I'm not a hairdresser, but get yourself to one ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new life
Hey girls,

We need to start a new thread "comedy" or "joke of the day". I don't know how but do have something funny to add.

I am so bored, sitting around my very messy house, knowing I must clean it, but don't want to.

I am schedule for surgery May 9th and my nerves have gotten the best of me. So in my boredom, I decided to play hairdresser. I am not a hairdresser, but did play one with my barbies a long time ago. I was tired of my style and color. (Did I mention that I have gained 40 pounds). Of course, in my opinion, my hair wasn't complimenting my now fat face, so I cut it and colored it.

I can now join American Idol and replace Sanjaya. I cannot sing but can entertain everyone with the hair.

IT IS PURPLE and I now have a MULLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was I thinking????

Any hair stylists out there? Please advise. I may have to pull a Brittany, and shave it all off.
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:51 PM

Thanks, I think I will. Actually since I posted, I have played hair dresser one more time. It looks better, but now I look like a brunettish/purplish Farrah Faucett from the 80's (hair only).

I think I had better stop and find a new hobby today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 08:27 PM

I Wrote I Was Having A Tav.....what Was I Thinking Of I Meant A Tah///must Be More Nervous Than I Thought....
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:11 PM

Hi! New here and scheduled for May 18th. I am scheduled for an LAVH as well. I have a rather large cyst (softball sized) that they have to remove as well so they need to do an LAVH to assist in the removal. I will be losing my uterus and cervix with a possibilty of at least 1 ovary.

I want this surgery because I have been on my period non-stop for almost 2 years now - but I'll admit, I am terrified!! It's not the surgery, I've had major surgery before, I'm more afraid of what the effects will be on me afterwards. I have 3 weeks to get things together with my kids and family during my recovery and it does not seem like enough time in one way but in another way, it seems soooooo far off. LOL
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:42 PM

May 8th for me too, I am getting more anxious every day. I try to keep busy with getting things in order. I am also trying to learn as much I can about the recovery process and the change my body will go through. I have 2 kids at home 10 and 16, and a husband so 3 kids at home, soooo much to prepare!
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:07 PM

My Doctor told me that they will have me up and out of bed a few hours after my surgery (TAH with ovaries removed). I realize that this is necessary in order to avoid complications, however, I was hoping for some mercy ! Do you think this means they will be going easy on the pain meds in recovery? I guess its best to just take it moment by moment because if I think too much I might panic and run!
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:53 PM

I'm in the "I've started my period today" party. Won't finish this one though, as my surgery is May 1st. I was actually wondering how much money I have spent on all those lovely feminine products. I too am a super tampon and pad with wings gal. Can not wait until it's done and over with!!! Oi Vay! Only 6 days!
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Sometime in May

Hi,

I am scheduled to have a abdominal hysterectory with removal of both ovaries sometime in the next 2 to three weeks. the doctor is waiting for the biopsy results to come in and then will do the surgery as soon as they get back.
Unread 04-26-2007, 04:51 AM

Hi May Ladies in Waiting!
My castle visit is May 15th, if I don't chicken out, which I feel like doing every other minute! I haven't had my preop apt yet, that is the 2nd, and I have LIST of questions!! I'm going to try to donate my own blood, just in case, and get all my pain medications up front. I am a wimp when it comes to pain. I can deal if I have to, but who wants to. The doc wants to do LAVH/BSO , basically everything out, and I would prefer to keep some of it, one ovary at least and the cervix if possible. Recovery seems to go easier if you keep your cervix, at least from what I've read from other ladies here. I have dysplasia with atypia, and have already spoken to a oncologist, and if I do have cancer, he said he will have to go back in and biopsy lymph nodes, so they can take out the ovary and cervix then. I'll have to see what the gyn says. I'm a bit worried about the back pain I've read about. After my last D & C I had some sciatic pain down my leg that hurt like crazy. I have curvature of the spine, forward and sidways, and my back can get bad all on it's own without any help from being positioned weirdly. I am sure as the date approaches, my fears will increase, and hopefully, like the thousands of great ladies here, all will be well, and I will be overjoyed that I had this done. Good luck to all the May ladies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register