Any May sisters out there? - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Any May sisters out there?

Oh I sure hope I have GREAT news to tell everyone. I am scared to death, but I personally know several people who had the same thing...they say its a piece of cake...we will see...I hope they are right!!
Gl to you and I will come back ASAP with my story!!

Hugs....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Still waiting....

I am scheduled for a TAH on May 22nd. I am happy and sad at the same time. I would really like to have another child but my husband said that will never happen.

I had a car accident with my last child which resulted in me having back surgery approximately 4 years ago. I had a spinal fusion. The excess weight that I would need to carry to have a baby would put me in serious pain. Walking would be a job for me during this time....so DH said no. My brother is having a little boy in August so I am thinking of it as not just my nephew but my grandson. My brother and I are 7 years apart and I am his protector. We are really close. He knows that I expect him to bring my other nephew up to hospital just like I expect my children to come and visit me. I know that it will make me feel so much better.

I can't wait to be pampered but I am also concerned about things I've read on this site: Mood swings, additional surgeries during this one, gas pains, constipation and the DREADED ONE....PAIN! My body does not tolerate pain very well....it causes my blood pressure to go extremely HIGH!

My prayers are with all the May princesses!

mrsReal
Unread 04-27-2007, 01:40 PM
new

hi ladies
im new here just today ,and so glad i found this site!

Im scheduled for May 1st ,,,so I dont have much time at all to look around here,,my biggest thing is whether or not to take my ovaries ,,he says I MIGHT have endometriosis,,,Im having the bladder sling done and the hysterectomy too,,,

Just wanted to say hello
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 01:48 PM

Hi Kcfan...And welcome. I found this sight a few days ago as well. I wish I had found it sooner. There is so much info here I woulld have liked more time for the decision making process, but I am finding out that the way I am doing it, is probably the right way to go for me. You have to weigh the pros and cons on what is right for you. Your doctor will probably be able to make the decision for you when he goes in? My doctor says to keep the ovaries if they are healthy. It is really a personal choice. I do not want to be put into menopause early and quickly by taking them out, but I know people who have thenm out and are fine on natural remedies. Unless we have no choice, I suppose we don't know until it is over, and then we hope we made the right choice.
Good Luck and best wishes to you. You will be on the way home as I am going in...
hugs...
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:24 PM

hi my name is candice im not sure where to post or really what to do im having a LAVH on may 15 im only 24 and im worried about every thing my sex life! how is it going to affect it. am i going to gain alot ao weight what should i expect after its done i have 5 boys ages
almost 2,4,6,6,9 and not alot of help my husband works on call 24/7 and i stay home with kids it almost end of year so i wont have to drive them to school the 1st week ill have some help there only aunt that lives here see works alot but says she'll help how long do youthink it will take to recover ive had lots of sugery 9 in the last 4 years but this one really bothers me. some help i just need to talk .
Unread 04-30-2007, 08:00 AM

mrsreal: you and I are not only a day apart on our surgeries, but we have the same fears! I figure I can't handle any more mood swings than I already have, and the pain worries me too.
Unread 04-30-2007, 08:17 AM

I am also on for May 4th, 2007. What are YOU doing to get ready? My friends and I are having a "Going Away" party on Tuedsay (...the PARTS are going away) :~) !!!!!
Unread 04-30-2007, 08:30 AM

I'm a May surgery ~ May 29th. To TM1960 ~ if you find any information on how to handle things "naturally" after the surgery - please let me know. Would like to gather more information regarding diet and exercise and herbs ~ Kimmy61
Unread 04-30-2007, 09:22 AM

I go in on Wed. Am an emotional mess right now. I know I need to trust all will be fine. It is so hard though.
I will keep you all in my prayers!
Peace, Jeanie
Unread 04-30-2007, 09:32 AM

oneviolist: LOVE the going away party idea ) I'm May 4th as well...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register