Any May sisters out there? - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Any May sisters out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverchick
I am now scheduled for May 23rd for LAVH, bladder repair and cystoscopy. Am anxious to get this whole thing behind me as I decided to do this back in October, but I feel like Clark Griswold setting of on a vacation!

Anyone else out there for May and how are you going to make the time seemingly go faster?
i'm scheduled for pre-op on the 10th and surgery on the 17th. i have sooooo much to do beforehand, so the time is moving pretty fast for me. i am anxious about seeing the doc on the 10th though, 'cause i have lots of questions i want to ask him. the waiting for that is driving me nuts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 09:33 AM

I go to the castle tomorrow, I call after 1pm to be told what time to arrive. I'm pretty nervous now, it all came on so fast. I'm going for a pedicure and manicure soon, then shop for some luxuries to take, pack my bag and have a light dinner. DH will take me in, but until I know the time I can't plan for the youngest two darlings and them getting to school. Do have a back up plan, let my senior go to school late after seeing siblings on school bus. I am so lucky not to have to do any pre-op preps, they are even worse than waiting. I need to work also today and make sure everything is up to date, I don't want to call clients while I'm in a drug fog I'm sure I'll be on here most of the night, as I wont be able to sleep.
Hope all you other ladies in waiting look for my post from the other side. I'm sure it will be okay, just wish it were over. I keep telling myself in a few months I can swim and play with my kids again. I guess I'll have no excuse for not exercising This is my insides when I run!!LOL
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:53 AM

Good luck to all of you this week!!
I am so nervous ,,I go in tomorrow morning at 730 am! yikes!
Im trying to stay positive ! I hope we all have good results and speedy recovery ,,,hugs to all my hystersisters,,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser
I guess I'll have no excuse for not exercising This is my insides when I run!!LOL
I have that also!! I can't even imagine getting on my treadmill when my stomach hurts so much and my back!!! I guess I'll have to ditch that excuse also - THANK GOD!!!

Good luck to you and let us know how it went!
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:20 PM

Gosh Im with you on the back thing,,,Im soooo hoping that goes away after the surgery!
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:26 PM

Praying for you tomorrow KCFAN ~ you will do great! Stay positive. Keep us posted~
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:31 PM
May 1st sisters :)

kcfan,scouser and everyone going in May 1st- Good luck sisters! I'm sending prayers and good thoughts your way!
Please let us know how you are doing!
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:50 PM

The going away party sounds like fun
I am May 3rd...this Thursday. I am eerily calm and I don't know why as I have been a spazzzzzzzzzzzzola for weeks.

Things that I have done to get ready:

Clean, clean, clean for one. The more organized things are the more relaxed I know I will be.Trying to get all the laundry done etc. Anything that requires lifting that I would normally do I am trying to do now as well. I love to garden and I am trying to get as much planted and taken out for the summer as possibe. (Furniture etc.)

Shopped and stocked the cupboards.

As far as for myself, I have tried to think of the foods I would like that might help me feel good. When I am sick I eat chicken soup etc. Although not a soda drinker, Coke, for anyone with a queasy tummy, is GREAT for nausea, so I have made sure to have plenty...just in case. Making my room as comfy as possible. Buying some sun dresses since I know I will not be able to wear my jeans when I come home for a while and comfy PJ's. Have my crocheting ready, paint by number, and movies in case I get bored. Have my bags all packed with a tummy pillow, toiletries, magazine, hard candies, and some treats for the nurses. I am packing light as I just want to toss what I don't use and not bring anything home that could bring germs (Germ paranoid here). Anything I forgot...please let me know.

I am running out of time...it was just 3 weeks away...now its 3 days...
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:53 PM

I go in at 7:30 tomorrow. Am trying to mow the lawn, do the last of the house cleaning, laundry, walk the dogs (our last hike for a while), groom them and cut my husband's hair. All would be doable if I weren't so exhausted already. Oh well I'll do as the DH says, "just do what you can, I'll get the rest of it." Talk to you all on the flip side! The useless organ is on it's way out! Yee haw!! Yippee! And please don't make it hurt too much. :-P
Unread 04-30-2007, 12:55 PM

TVH May 16th for me too. I'm not nervous about the surgery Im trying to convince myself that it is a little vacation and hopefully the most sleep I will have gotten in the last 2 years since my youngest was born. I am nervous about coming home and not being able to pick him up or how long I will be out of work and if my dh will really help. But I have enlisted both grandma to come and help with my sons so hopefully that makes that easier too. Who knows maybe when I get home they will have cleaned my house lol (Oh one can only wish)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register