Any May sisters out there? - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Any May sisters out there?

3belgdogs
Good luck to you sis...let us know how you are doing when you are able...

ET'S GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what I will be Mumbling as I drift off...I am tired of having the life sucked out of me!!!

I am exhausted as well, and it is hard but I figure the more I wear myself out the less time and energy I will have to worry...I have done enough for the past 2 months to last a lifetime...
Take care of yourself!!
Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:23 PM

Oh...I have also stocked up on laxatives and different kinds of pain meds and water. I figure if one doesn't help, maybe the other will. I also DO NOT want to take any chance of getting constipated and having that issue with an abdominal incision...nope nope nope...
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:44 PM

I'm new here, and learning my way around. I'm scheduled for 5/23. After a D&C and failed abalation I'm having a hard time with this. Any advice on pre-op emotions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:52 PM

Oneviolinist and joy79- i share the same "castle" date with you both. I'm nervous of course, but will be glad when its over! Best wishes to all my other May sisters out there!
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Good luck to all of you with surgery this week. I am exactly 2 weeks out and haven't reached the eerily calm part yet. I am not freaked out so much by the surgery, but mostly about getting things done at home beforehand. I have 3 kids (7,6, almost 2) and May is so busy with school activities and such. I worry about missing something important. I also worry about silly things...I won't even go there because some of them are so goofy.
I am working a lot in the next week too. I think the time will pass too quickly, at least until my LAST period comes next week. I hope it is not too horrible.
Thanks to all of you. You keep my spirits up and you are all so clever and creative. I am going to borrow some of your ideas for things to take to the castle and fun things to do during recovery. Got new jammies, robe and everything.
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:55 PM

I know that we will get through this if we can JUST get to this!
Unread 04-30-2007, 02:15 PM

HiYa pixiepoo
The thing that has helped me so much is the support and the information you can get on this site. It has been a god send to me. You know you are not alone and you get support and meeet the BEST people...I am scheduled for Thursday...hang in there...
Hugs
Unread 04-30-2007, 02:17 PM

Calling the doctor now for my pre op test results UGGGHHHH I hope they didn't find anything ELSE!!!
Unread 04-30-2007, 02:23 PM

diiiigafs - if I remember right you had pretty much the same symptoms as I did. What kinda test did you have done?? Well hang in there - everything will be fine - let us know!
Unread 04-30-2007, 02:33 PM

SO far so good...the tests he said look good except for a mass in my uterus that is pushing on my bladder...WHICH we already know...PHEW...one step further...just have to finish up all my chores, nothing but liquids on wednesday...have to get magnesium of Citrate to do the night before..I guess that is the bowel prep...and I am OFF to see the wizard...will be leaving approx 5am Thursday morning...

ET is GOING HOME!!!

Hi oliviatoo
I agree, I think trying to get organized for this is ALMOST as stressful as the surgery. Is getting eeerrriiilllyyyy calm normal? I haven't heard anyone say that. I think it may just be exhaustion...Either way...it feels good to not be crying at tha moment...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register