Any May sisters out there? - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Any May sisters out there?

diiiigafs - did they detect that mass by vaginal ultrasound?? I had one done last Friday. Well I will be sending good wishes for a uneventful surgery and speedy recovery to you!!! Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:43 PM

Hi clairebear,
The pre-op tests I had were mostly standard...blood test, ekg, chest x-ray, urine...the one I had never heard of was called an IVP (Introvenous Pyleogram). The injected a contrast to basically light up my kidneys and bladder and the tubes that run from the kidneys to the bladder. Then they did a sequence of x-rays to watch the path of the contrast to see if anything was blocked etc. The whole thing took about an hour. I just got off the phone with the Doc and all tests were good...they could see the mass in my uterus, but that we knew about and is the cause of all of this. I was really nervous about getting the results...I figured they would find something else, but I am paranoid I guess...
Unread 04-30-2007, 01:47 PM

Guess we were writing at the same time clairebear. I did have an external and an internal ultrasound where they first found the mass that they say is a fibroid, plus they saw another small one. I went for those tests because my dr found my uterus enlarged at my annual visit. Then he sent me for those tests. These last tests were pre op tests but he told me that could see the mass there as well and it is pushing on my bladder...which explains a LOT LOL
Thank you for the kind wishes. If all goes well...I will be cheering you on and hopefully able to comfort you before you go in...
keep in touch...
Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM

I am also paranoid!! I always think the worst. Well sounds like you have a good Doctor. I will be thinking good thoughts for you on Thursday!! Please let us all know when your up to it how your "castle" stay went.
Unread 04-30-2007, 02:13 PM

Hi Clairbear,
Thank you...I will be sending positive energy your way as well. Isn't it something how we think the worst? So far all my tests have come back good, blood, biopsy xrays etc. (with the obvious exception of the alien)...thank goodness...and all I can think is they will find something else bad while they are there...it doesn't help when he tells me it is not normal for a fibroid to grow this big this fast. It was a year and a half since my last visit and he says it was fast. The only thing that has kept me half sane is hearing others stories...that it is not so abnormal as it has happened to several people I have talked to on here and they are fine, so I have hope... I will definately be back to tell all how it went...
Hugs and best wishes to you as well...
Unread 04-30-2007, 02:26 PM

OMG HE DIDN"T USE THE WORD NOT NORMAL???? If I would hear that I would pass out!!! Where as a "normal" person would think Oh isn't that strange and leave it at that.

I too find so much comfort in hearing others stories and symptoms that are the same as mine - I need to read them over & over to reassure myself. My husband knows I'm paranoid so all he says is "you'll be just fine" AREN"T THOSE THE WORST WORDS TO SAY TO A PARANOID PERSON????? He's gotta know that I won't feel any better hearing that. I too suffer from the syndrome (what will they find when they open me up)???? I also had a biopsy last year and it was normal so I should really stop thinking so irrationally - I like the alien term - that's a good way of thinking!!

I know my Dr. couldn't understand the connection between my enlarged uterus and stomach pain - she couldn't tell my why it hurts so much (reassuring huh??) But when I read others post about the full and sick feeling in their stomachs it gives me reassurance that maybe I am NORMAL!!!(even thou my kids wouldn't use that term to describe their mom)

Hang in there!!! It'll be good to be rid of your alien.
Unread 04-30-2007, 02:50 PM

may 15th for me. I am with you ladies on trying to get my house in order LOL. I have an 8 and a 5 year old. The 5 year can level the house in about 30 seconds. I have thought about getting clothes organized for the kids for school. I have every intention to do, but don't know if it will happen. Husband hasn't a clue about dressing the kids in things that are appropriate and clean. It will interesting to hear what the kid's teachers say about how those few days with out mom were. My kids are't so sure they will like being with just dad. Dad gives them a bath about twice a year so this ought to be quite interesting. I am betting on lots of fast food for supper that week.
Unread 04-30-2007, 03:20 PM

plkurki, maybe DH will come out of this with a little more appreciation for mom, especially when you have your very own "house lever" ha ha
Unread 04-30-2007, 04:09 PM

Yes clairebear he said NOT NORMAL for it to grow this fast. I asked him again today and he still says 1 1/2 years since my last visit is fast, and to think...I didn't even know I had them LOL. I have talked to people who have grown faster so...I dunno. IMHO ALL of this IS NOT NORMAL...LOL..sorry...but its true. The thing is tho, it IS common....so that is reassuring. I also think that anyone in our position that would hear those words would freak...so you are definately normal. This whole thing has been so weird as it started when I went in to my GP for a routine blood test for meds I take for my heart. He tells me my calcium was elevated. I freaked because the only other person who I know who has had their calcium up was my dad who ended up with lung cancer. The high calcium elevations had something to do with it. The GP said NOOOOOOOOO that is very very rare you probably had too many tums we will check again in a couple of months. I go in for my checkup..pap...exam and hear your uterus is enlarged and its not normal for it to have grown this fast. OK to pass out now??? Sent me for those tests we talked about earlier. At the same time I had my Mammo and they wanted me back as they saw something. Talk about a double whammy. So I am thinking I am a gonner LOL. Anyway I go in and they do another mammo...I wait...they tell me come in we want an ultrasound of your right breast. Talk about wanting to faint. After this I was on my way upstairs for the biopsy I was dreading. Well the dr said he sees a few cycts but they look benign, come back in 6 months to check again and be sure. I asked my gyne today about my calcium levels...he said they were normal...phew...must have been the tums...DH's boss's wife works for a gyne. She is the head office person so she sees a lot of this. She has endo and I believe is about 52, and she is either in or close to menopause. Anyway she has been begging for a hyst. She says it is so routine...she wants them to take EVERYTHING and she would do it tomorrow if she could. When I hear that I am thinking...what am I so afraid of? She is begging for one LOL...they won't give it as they say her problems will be over soon with menopause..so many stories to tell...
Hugs
Unread 04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Going Away Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy79
oneviolist: LOVE the going away party idea ) I'm May 4th as well...
The party favors are bright colored boxes with goodies like mini pads, tampons, chocolates and ibuprofen!!!! ....for those attending that are still with uterus of course. Those in the hystersister club just get a pile of chocolate and a glass of wine. Sick humor I know, but you have to take it when you can.

Have you heard of the ON-Q pain management device? ..........oneviolist

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register