Any May sisters out there? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Any May sisters out there?

My date is May 7th. I've been getting prepared doing the usual cleaning, will be shopping for the family for while I'm laid up. Having had 2 c-sections & a lap in Dec. I kinda have an idea of what recovery will be like. I can say from experience that the shower bench is a "must have," it's just nice to be able to get in there & relax, esp. since bathing will be restricted.

I've also been getting together stuff for craft projects. I have to have something to keep me busy... between naps. I guess I'll go through my movies too & have a stash ready. I find that "Pride & Predjudice," while it is a great movie, has a sedating effect (wonderful music). I'll definitely be watching that one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 08:05 PM

I'm scheduled for May 2nd. Very nervous. Praying it will all be routine. I have trust issues because of my last doctor. Can't wait until it is all over.
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:19 PM

I'm May 8th! I have a countdown calendar on the desktop of my mac...every day I watch the number get smaller! I'm not yet nervous--but way anxious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 08:25 PM

My TVH is on May 16th. Work keeps my mind busy most of the time but still anxious. Clearance appt with my MD on Monday and pre op with by gyn on the 9th. Getting hobbies prepared for my recoup time. And preparing for my husband to wait on me . . . well at least for the first week, okay couple of days.
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:12 PM

Ditto to everything everybody else posted!

I, too, have "donkey work" (love that phrase!) since my sis and her family are coming out here for vacation June 4th. I'm going to try to do major cleaning, paint the boys' BR and generally get loose ends tied up for the next few weeks.

I've got the CA state PTA convention in Sacramento from May 3-6 so that should make for a really fun diversion during the waiting! We are going to have a "Uterus Retirement Party" to bid the old gal adieu!

I'm really looking forward to doing a little shopping for the big event -- mostly pamering items for post-op and things to make life easier for a few weeks.

Does anybody know where I can buy a blow-up doll that can also cook, clean, and provide taxi service for kids?
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Does anybody know where I can buy a blow-up doll that can also cook, clean, and provide taxi service for kids?
ummmm....better do the blowing up BEFORE you go to the castle!
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:26 PM

Nope, that DH's job!
Unread 04-21-2007, 12:00 AM
may 22 for me

Hello to the May LIW! I am scheduled for May 22 for a LAVH with left ovary removal from endo and its side effects and numerous ovarian cysts. i'm very busy at work and with DH and 3 and 11 year old boys. I'm also nervous and anxious and wonder if i want it to come sooner or take it's time. I currently have 2 cysts on left ovary about baseball size that i hope can hold out until 5/22. I'm also trying to attempt to get my home in order to go on the market this summer. kinda bad timing. anyway, yes i'm a may sister looking for buddies to count the days together and compare stories. Nice to have others just like me out there.

candace
4x lap laser/endo & cyst removal (93, 94, 97, 99)
DS 10/95 - vag delivery 40 wks
DS 7/03 following fertility treatments - vag delivery 33 wks
LAVH schedule for 5/22/07
Unread 04-21-2007, 01:45 AM

hello,

may 8th... i am anxious to get it done with... work keeps me very busy and have planned my weekends leading up to it.. SUPER clean my apt.. hang out with friends and family, try to relax.. i am working until may 6th, may 7th its all about massages, facials, manicures and pedicures.. then off for the big event... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

good luck,
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:26 AM

Hey Clairebear,
When I saw the name I thought there is no way my daughter is responding (a Claire and that was her knickname as a child, now 26).
Hang in there! I plannned a very busy weekend so I don't have to think of anything but fun. Next week is soon enough to begin the ugly tasks of getting my house and life in order.
Daisy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register