Any May sisters out there? - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Any May sisters out there?

Hi! New to the site. Scheduled for my TVH on May 16. I was really nervous and scared, but finding this site really has calmed me down. I don't know if its "misery loves company" or how up-beat most everyone is. LOL! I'm still exploring the site, but I'll be thinking of you all that are scheduled this month and hope to get to know you all better as the days go by!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 03:05 PM
welcome

hydrangea_lover--
Welcome!!! I found this site 2 weeks ago. It is definitely my lifeline right now.. All the sisters are so supportive and none of us will judge. I go for my tah with rso one day before you. Wishing you good luck and an uneventful recovery. Hugs to you!
-Patti
Unread 05-02-2007, 03:09 PM

I have to agree with all of you this site is so supportive. I have been helped a lot just by knowing that there are others with the same fears that I have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 04:35 PM

Oh Patti! Thanks so much! I wish you the same! I will be looking for your posts and hearing that you are doing well!
Sonia
Unread 05-02-2007, 05:19 PM

Well sisters, I'm scheduled for tomorrow and I've been crying for 2 days. Just the fear of dying during or from complications afterwards really gets to me. This web site has been wonderful for me and I just signed up yesterday. I felt better when I learned other sisters are or have been afraid also. Hope to be back on line soon. Lisa
Unread 05-02-2007, 07:38 PM

I'm scheduled for May 15th...spending my time trying to make my hospital stay and recovery go smoothly. Making lists of things I need to do around the house and lists of things to take to the castle. Also shopping for the things on the lists uses a lot of time. Need to get teachers gifts, schedule summer camps for the kids, father's Day gifts, etc. Just think of all of the things that you normally do and plan on not being able to do those things for a couple of weeks!!!!
Unread 05-02-2007, 08:12 PM

daisylin-a party sounds GOOD! I'm in Hummelstown, between Harrisburg and Hershey...not so far from Baltimore! We've been there a few times. I love Phillips Seafood and the Aquarium (the shark tank is great, crossing the bridge gave me shivers!)
Unread 05-02-2007, 08:47 PM

Sweetersgrl, we need to find some positive outlook! Of course we're all scared and concerned and worried, but I have to say that I haven't let myself really dwell on the possible complications of surgery. I have too much that will be waiting for me to come out of surgery and back from the castle and back on my feet...and that goes for you too! Please, look for the power of positive thinking - it goes a long way. It is absolutely ok to be scared and sad, but try to be positive and look for the benefits of the surgery and the improved quality of life to come from it. You will be in my thoughts and in my prayers during your day tomorrow...we'll be looking for your posts when you get back to your computer - and you will! All the best for a routine and uneventful procedure, Lisa!
Unread 05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Tomorrow's the day for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie J
As much as I'm dreading the feeling-hit-by-a-bus aftermath, I'm almost looking forward to rest in some wierd way.
I'm really starting to get nervous now. Up til tonight I've been amazingly calm, and that is so not my personality!
I have to be at the hospital at 10:30am and surgery is set for 12:30pmEST.

Stacy in Mich
32, TAH/BSO May 3rd, 2007
Unread 05-02-2007, 09:23 PM
may 8

Hello everyone, I've been reading but not really posting. I have preop May 7th and LAVH/BSO and marsupialation vs excision of a Bartholin cyst. I went back to school this semester at the age of 49 and now this. I am scared and relieved at the same time, have been dealing with carcinoma in sita, cervical dysplasia, normal paps for 2 yrs now plus heavy periods with crampsown in just for chuckles since my new gyne took me off of birth control pills.

One thing that has me worried/scared fill in adj here is that I am not married. I think if I was married then my husband and I would deal with this thing no matter the outcome but being single, hoping to find a mate at some point it is different. Oh, well. I have been waiting a month for surgery, had to move up my finals one week rather than miss so much school so, I've been busy taking regular scheduled tests plus finals. I have 2 this Thurs then one online final this weekend and am finished with that. Then, I have to tackle the neglected house that has been accumulating dust bunnies and teenager clothes while I've had my nose in textbooks.

Gyne said I could go back to school in 2 weeks because I have to take summer school to get into my major in the fall. I'm worried about being able to do this, too. Ack! On the bright side I gave my daughter the rest of my tampons. Yippee!
Victoria

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register