Any May sisters out there? - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Any May sisters out there?

Hey Ann: day 20 for us, Friday I'm going to go with my DD's to look for nighties and a robe and to see my nieces!
Saturday 19 days before....still thinking on that one!

This is helping soooo much! thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Day 11 and Counting...

I have a new robe, and new slippers. Getting the hair done next week. Office pre-op done, donated my own blood, need an EKG, but no chest x-ray, no bowel prep!!! YAY! Just need to get a pedicure, and clean my house up & get my veggies in the garden, and I am ready to get this thing overwith before my nerves make me jump right out of my skin!
Unread 05-04-2007, 08:29 AM

I'm May 11th! I am terrified as well. Last night I brought up the summer clothes and set my oldest (11) up, tonight it is the youngest (7) turn. I have been a wreck. I have a huge list and am still crossing things out, but it's not getting any shorter! I still have to clean and organize the whole house as I suffer from OCD's! I also have to get my hair done, pedicure and eye brow wax.... UGHHHH.. Luckily my mom is staying w/ me for the duration to help w/ the kids and my emotions! Very rare you get a husband who not only empathizes, but understands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2007, 10:57 AM

May 21st and can't wait! Has anyone had their last period yet? I am on mine now and for some reason, it is leaving me with something to remember it by. This is the 1st time I've had to call my Dr to call a prescription in just because of my period. I don't know if it's all in my head or if I'm nervous because of the surgery, but I swear every bone in my body hurts including my legs. It literally feels like something is falling out of me. Has anyone encountered this yet or am I just being a wuss? Love to hear from you ladies!
Unread 05-04-2007, 11:10 AM

I'm due to start my last in about 7 days and I swear if I have anything "sanitary" left afterwards I'm going to build a very big bonfire in my back yard...lol
Unread 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM

Had my last one this week, lots of cramps and stomach issues but very light and short. Wierd. Had I not had the cramps and diarrhea, I would have reconsidered. Just kidding!
Unread 05-04-2007, 01:27 PM

I would have welcomed the diarrhea due to I've been so constipated lately. I actually shed a few tears this week because of the pain. Wasn't as heavy as usual - just painful.
Unread 05-04-2007, 01:59 PM

I got my castle arrival & surgery time today. I'm supposed to be there Monday @ 11:45 with surgery scheduled for 1:45. I'll probably be ready to knock people down for a sip of water by then , let alone something to eat. I am ready to get this over.

Got all of my "last minute" errands done this AM, now it's just time to finish the things around the house. Not to mention the teacher gifts I have yet to finish...

Better run...
Unread 05-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Off to the castle on May 14

I too am very anxious. Just found out at work that if I am off for longer than 1 week, they will terminate my employment and I will have to reapply! Start all over again if they decide to rehire me!!!! What the he--? My boss says not to worry, I am in outside sales and we home office anyway. I hope I can stay in contact with all of my customers and do everything I need to do for them via computer, email and telephone!!! Does anyone else think this is do-able or am I just crazy . I have been suffering for about 5 years with horrible periods, huge clots, debilitating back pain, now find out I have an extremely tipped uterus measuring 3x it's normal size, a good size fibroid at the opening of my uterus, uterine prolapse, bladder prolapse and urethera issues...my husband non-chalantly tells me I better reschedule ...I'm thinking if I try and reschedule I'll really be a mess by the time I get back in ...I don't want to feel like this anymore!!!! Any thoughts or suggestions would be a welcome comfort! Good luck to my all of My May Sisters!

Melicat
Unread 05-04-2007, 06:34 PM

I am scheduled for the same day as you. I am sorry things are going so poorly for you. I don't know your job situation, but I do know that you only live once and suffering for 5 years should be long enough!! You deserve to feel good and live pain free. Your health is and should be most important.
I wish you the best of luck. I am not sure how well you will feel after one week, but I hope everything will work out the way it needs to in order for you to be healthy and happy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register