Any May sisters out there? - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Any May sisters out there?

Thank you! I know that I am not going to reschedule, I know that this will be an inconvenience for some, but I just need to take care of myself. Sometimes I think that my people think since I've lived with it this long, what's a little longer...

When is your pre-op and what all are you having done?
Melicat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2007, 05:48 PM

I had my pre-op appt. today. I am just having a TVH. I guess everything else looks healthy. My doctor has diagnosed my problem as adenomyosis. I have all the same pains (I read your other posts) and I am nervous, but looking forward to having it done and over with.
I think you are right about family and others not understanding the pain. You have been living with it for so long that they think it must be tolerable. It is nice to have this website where there are women who understand and can relate.

Just to reconfirm my decisionto have the surgery, my period started a week early and it is painful and yucky.
Make sure to take care of YOU. Think how much better you will feel and how many more things you will be able to enjoy and do when you don't have to worry about the pain and everything that goes along with it. Your family and boss will probably be amazed with the brand new better you!!
Unread 05-04-2007, 06:42 PM

I have my pre op on Monday at 2. I know that I am going to feel better, just wish I had a little more recoup time, but I will make it work. I had what was hopefully my last period which ended yesterday. I won't miss that at all...

What exactly is the adeno? I think you and I have alot of similar symptoms?

I noticed you are in Ft. Collins, I grew up in Ault, Eaton, Pierce and Nunn and my grandma had a cabin in the mountains near Ft. Collins. My mom still lives in Wheatridge!

So nice to talk to you and helps calm the nerves...thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2007, 07:48 PM

violet, I'm jealous of the no bowel prep. I have to do the liquid and an enema!
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:22 AM

Thankfully I'm a few days out until my castle visit. The last few weeks have been stressful. I went in for my pre op testing and had an EKG done. Found out the next morning that the technician had hooked the leads up backwards, so I had to go in for a second one. The second one came back abnormal. My GYN said it wasn't that abnormal and wasn't concerned with it, but was afraid the anesteologist (sp?) might not want to perform his duties, so they sent me to a cardiologist. He in turn wanted me to have a stress test done. I completed this yesterday and PASSED, so he cleared me for my surgery. Like the upcoming castle visit wasn't stressful enough then I had to worry about whether or not I had heart issues. I'm only 33! UGH! I'm hoping the next few days aren't so stressful and I can actually accomplish what I need to before the castle visit and recovery. To top it off, my teenaged DD has been in one of her moods and my DH has not been very compassionate about this whole ordeal. Sorry, just had to vent.
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:48 AM

I am scheduled for May 14. It can't come soon enough. I can't get over how much pain I'm in right now. They've told me no more ibuprofen, and have given me tylenol 3 with codeine, but I own my own company, and have been training people to handle things while I'm out of commission, and I have to be completely "with it" while working. I did finally break down and take one yesterday because I was crying from the pain. My last day of work is Thursday. I want time Friday to get a pedicure, and Saturday is my dance recital, so the ped MUST be done Friday!

I have a busy week ahead. It's Teacher Appreciation at the kids' school, and I'm in charge of that, so I have to get things purchased and together and I have to deliver them, and serve breakfast Monday, and lunch Friday. The kids all have performances. We also have softball, tee ball, and baseball. Dress rehearsal for mine and my daughter's recital. The recital is all day Saturday. My dad's coming in town Thursday. CALGON! Take me away!

You know, this week didn't seem so busy back when I scheduled my surgery.
Unread 05-05-2007, 09:04 AM

This has been a busy week for me. I had my pre-op physical on Wednesday with my regular doctor. He did an EKG as part of the pre-op, and wouldn't you know, because of my high cholesterol issues and my family history of heart disease, he decided I needed to have stress test too! The kind where they shoot you full of radioactive dye and put you on a treadmill. I was not happy about that.

Thursday, I had my pre-op with the gyno who will be doing the surgery. She said it's a good idea to go ahead with that stress test, and if anything is wrong with my heart, she'd postpone surgery. We went ahead and talked about surgery and set up everything anyway, even though the stress test meant I was still waiting on regular doctor to sign off on my pre-op physical.

Had the stress test yesterday and passed that with flying colors, I think! I'll get the official results on Monday or Tuesday, but my doctor said everything looks good and not to worry. So, it looks like I'm still scheduled for my hysto this coming Wednesday, May 9!

Mine will be a LAVH, and will now consist of removing the uterus, cervix, and one ovary for sure. I'm hoping I can keep my left ovary, but if there's something wrong with that one too, then she'll take both. I'm hoping that doesn't happen, but I've made my decision to just do it, and I'm comfortable with it.

I'm starting to get the pre-surgery jitters now though, and trying not to think too deeply about it. My surgery is at 7:30 a.m., and I have to be at the castle by 6:00 a.m. When I talked with my gyno on Thursday and the surgery center person yesterday, both told me that the anesthetists at this hospital love to give drugs, so if I think there may even be a slight chance of getting sick from that or the drugs, they'll be happy to give me something. I have had issues with it before, so I'm going to beg until they give me those anti-nausea drugs!

This weekend I'm finishing up my apartment organizing, like putting dishes and other things I need within reach so I don't have to bend and stretch. I've been told no lifting over 10 lbs. for at least 6 weeks and no bending and stretching at all if I can help it.

My gyno is such a wonderful woman and I feel so comfortable with her, so I think that's why I'm not as nervous about this as I could be. I'm excited now to get it over with and to feel better. My only concern is that Aunt Flo will pay a visit before my surgery. The calendar says May 9th is the day she could visit, but I hope she takes a detour and goes somewhere else! I was so looking forward to the last flood as being the very last one!

Thanks so much for listening. Good luck to all the other sisters out there still waiting!

Candy
Unread 05-05-2007, 09:10 AM

Valkgal-
My surgery is May 14th also! My last visit with Aunt Flo is happening now and it is not fun.
It is funny that we have a lot in common this week. It is teacher appreciation week at my boys' school this coming week and I am in charge for both of their classes as well. It will be hectic, but fun. I am working a lot more shifts this coming week so I can take my 4 weeks off post-op without feeling guilty.
I am getting stressed out, but somehow everything will get done. If it doesn't...oh well!!
Good luck to you. Keep me posted and we can compare notes throughout the process.
Chris
Unread 05-05-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviatoo
Valkgal-
My surgery is May 14th also! My last visit with Aunt Flo is happening now and it is not fun.
It is funny that we have a lot in common this week. Good luck to you. Keep me posted and we can compare notes throughout the process.
Chris
Chris,

I feel like my visit with Aunt Flo is impending, as well LOL We have a LOT in common.

Good luck to you throughout! Yes, let's keep in touch. Please feel free to email me. I look forward to comparing notes on the other side.
Unread 05-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverchick
I am now scheduled for May 23rd for LAVH, bladder repair and cystoscopy. Am anxious to get this whole thing behind me as I decided to do this back in October, but I feel like Clark Griswold setting of on a vacation!

Anyone else out there for May and how are you going to make the time seemingly go faster?

I am scheduled for May 14th. I scheduled this back in Feb. and really the time has just flown by. Now that it is 9 days away, it feels like time is dragging, just to make me feel more anxious! I am using this weekend to heavy duty clean (my husband is awesome, but this is not his strong point and I know it will drive me crazy) and spend a lot of quality time with family and friends. I will do this for my final weekend next week as well. I think surrounding yourself with whatever you love most is the important thing right now. Good luck and God Speed. We will talk soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register