Any May sisters out there? - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Any May sisters out there?

Goodmorning sisters! Oliviatoo-I too just got my last visit from Aunt flo. This one seems so much more painful. I told the girls at work that I was going to call the local bakery and see if they do "bye-bye period" cakes.LOL. They didn't think I would do it. I did! Good thing the lady at the bakery has a sense of humor. Valkgal-I no what you mean with so much going on this upcoming week. I too have my daughters recital on Saturday . My son has kindergarten round up on Wednesday and then there is PTA on Thursday, not to mention I am working 6 days this upcoming week. I don't know how I am going to get my house cleaned.
If anyone sees the housekeeping fairy have her sprinke some magic fairy dust my way. Calgon, take me away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2007, 11:46 AM

Idh and purplehaze-
I'm scheduled for an EKG also but haven't gotten the call yet. Did hear from my internist that some blood work came back with potassium on the low side, so I'm eating raisins, nuts and bananas like crazy to get it up for another blood work up on Tues. Anyone else SOOOO glad that all this medical stuff is hopefully FINALLY over SOON!?
Unread 05-05-2007, 11:58 AM

Violet 50 - I'll be thinking of you when you have your EKG. My doctor never gave it a thought until I was scheduled for surgery, and my gyno agreed that it was necessary. Once I got to the stress test appointment, it was not bad at all. The worst part for me was that darn treadmill! My heart rate got way, way, up there and I could still talk normally. I was even joking with the nurses and doctors and felt fine, except for my legs. I have bad knees, so of course, they gave out on me before I could work up a really good sweat!

My last blood work for iron showed my iron levels AT normal, so I have to stay on the iron pills for awhile yet. My gyno told me to stop taking them now though because of the constipating effect of them, and not start them up again until at least a week or two after my surgery.

I have to agree with you, I'll be so glad when this medical stuff is over!

Candy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plkurki
Goodmorning sisters! I don't know how I am going to get my house cleaned.
If anyone sees the housekeeping fairy have her sprinke some magic fairy dust my way. Calgon, take me away!
Two words...Merry Maids (mine are coming Monday)
Unread 05-05-2007, 02:28 PM

Mine TAH is May 11th! UGHHH... terrified! Had my pre-op yesterday.. Still crossing things off the list, but am scared I will never get it all done. I think I am more scared of who I will become after all of this. Will my husband still love me? Will he care when I am in pain???
Unread 05-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi to my May sisters!

I have been reading and reading since I joined but this is my first post. I am scheduled for a tah/bso on May 15th and I keep going from being glad to freaking out! I am gearing up for my last period around 5/8 put I am usually feeling much more miserable pain wise by now. I usually have so much pain beforehand that I would have started taking my script pain meds about 3 days ago but I just started today. What the heck? Has anyone else ever had that happen? You know, where you finally go to the doctor or the dentist and it seems like when it's time to go it doesn't feel so bad anymore? Well, I know it is just my mind playing tricks on me b/c I have been going thru this for years and it has been even worse this last year. I have a 24-26 day cycle and I start cramping 7 days prior then have my period with continued cramping for about another 7 days. Thats about 10-12 good days a month. Quality of life issue. There have been times when I felt like I was in labor. I usually suck it up and do what I have to do but I starting missing work b/c of it and I really need my job. Besides, I am so tired of forcing myself thru half my life. I do wish we knew why I have so much pain. I'm hoping that after the operation my Dr says something like "Geez girl! No wonder you were in so much pain!"(of course without it being anything life threatening). Anyway, sorry for the rambling. I guess onec I get started its hard to stop me. I was just taking a short break from spring cleaning this house so I don't have to sit around looking at it afterwards having it
drive me crazy b/c I can't clean it . Good Luck All!
Unread 05-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Hang in there

PreciousJewell-
Hi! We have the same castle date! I too am having a tah but with only rso. I know what you mean when you say you go from being glad to freaking out. My husband thinks I have gone crazy. Somedays I wonder if I am too, but then I log on to this amazing site and am overwhelmed by all the love and support that I am greeted with. It is truly amazing how, even though people have no idea who I am, they reach out and surround me with unconditonal love and support. How awesome is that. This has been my lifeline since I found this site only a few weeks ago. There are several others on this site that are having surgery the same day as we are so know that you are not alone. They care , I care , we all care! Hang in there, we are almost there. Blessings and hugs to you Sandy!
Patti
Unread 05-05-2007, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the reply plkurki! I agree that the support everyone shows one another here is awesome. One couldn't help but feel the love and find comfort and encouragement here in the land of hyster. I cannot tell you how glad I am that I stumbled onto this site. I will be sure to spread the word. Back to house cleaning! (my house cleaning fairy has not shown up yet ) Oh, I forgot, that would be me.
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:10 PM

I'm so happy! My doctor just called me (at 7:40 p.m. on a Saturday night even!) to let me know that everything with my stress tests yesterday turned out normal! Woo-hoo! He said he wanted to call me now instead of making me wait until Monday and worrying all weekend. That was just wonderful of him to do this. Now that means I'm all set for my May9th surgery, and best yet, my heart is healthy!

Just had to share!

Candy
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Hi ALL,
Reading about everyone's pre-op tests and I have none scheduled?! I go to my pre-op appt with my reg. dr on Monday! Should I be worried? This has all happened very fast although the dr.s have said should have had my issues taken care of years ago!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register