Any May sisters out there? - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Any May sisters out there?

I worry about this, too. I don't know why, because I have a wonderful husband, who is very loving. But I worry about being turned into a hormonal witch (with a different first letter, if you know what I mean). Will I become someone who nobody want to be around? Will I feel old and fat and ugly? I know I should be worrying about more important things, like what the biopsy will show. I'm just trying to think positive and hope for the best.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by jls42406
Mine TAH is May 11th! UGHHH... terrified! Had my pre-op yesterday.. Still crossing things off the list, but am scared I will never get it all done. I think I am more scared of who I will become after all of this. Will my husband still love me? Will he care when I am in pain???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2007, 01:29 PM

idh...gotta love those teens and DH's. My DH is freaking out, so I don't even mention the surgery and my girls don't want to hear it either...
I've never gotten this close to my date...the panic is setting in...I'm going for the major
Unread 05-06-2007, 02:07 PM

Hi Fellow Princesses in waiting...
My DH hardley brings the surgery up, so I know that he is freaking out. My daughter, 26 is taking the day off work and wants to come to the pre-op room along with my 20 year old. Hey, if I remember right, there is one chair and one bed and about 3 square ft for everyone, including the nurse. I would really rather that they go to work, and come and visit at night, or better yet, when I get home and can have them DO STUFF around the house. I know they are going to be supportive,but I deal better with anxiety by being alone than everyone being up my ...I know I should not be complaining.
I feel like they are all coming to say goodbye in case I croak on the table!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2007, 03:05 PM

I know how you feel violet, but with me, my kids will be at school...but my DH, my dad and my inlaws are all coming to sit and wait. I'm figuring the same configurations for the room and thinking maybe I'll just have DH come on back!
Unread 05-06-2007, 03:07 PM
May 16th is my day

I'm scheduled for a TAH with paravaginal defect repair and an A&P repair with a suprapubic catheter on May 16th. I'm getting pretty apprehensive as the date gets closer. I know I have to have this done, it's just hard thinking about going through the surgery and recovery.
Unread 05-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Iron level dangerously low for me

Dear Sisters: My name is Emily and I am going to have a hysterectomy done on May 21st. My iron level had got so dangerously low that I had to be put on an IV to put it into my body to bring my iron level back up. I felt terrible when I was anemic and feel much better now. Pray for me for my surgery and I'll do the same for all of you wonderful women! God bless!
Unread 05-06-2007, 10:34 PM
My surgery is May 8th &I'm overwhelmed with emotion!

Hello Ladies, I know I shouldn't be letting myself get so down but I cannot seem to help it. This weekend my dd came home from college and I was just so unhappy I could hardly enjoy our visit, and that hurts because I only see about once a month now. I'm crying over everything! I'm just so sad! I know I should fight these feelings and try to be positive. However I'm really getting scared that this is the wrong move, even though 2 doctors have confirmed that this is best for me, since this the second time in a year that I have had mild dysplasia. I had a leep/cone biopsy to remove the spots last june and it returned so quickly. I feel SOOO alone here! My dh doesn't even mention the surgery, he just goes about his business and I want to scream. I know he cares and is I'm sure he's worried but I feel as if he thinks that there is something flawed in me. But maybe it's just me that feels like there is something flawed here? I feel like I'm cracking up. Maybe it's just the anticipation and once it's over with I can get back to normal...as least I sure hope so!!! I can't handle this crying all the time, it's not like me and it hurts not just emotionally but physically..it adds to my ever present migraines! I hope and pray we don't need to take my ovaries. I can't imagine what I'll be like then if I'm such a emotional mess now! Sorry to ramble I just feel like no one in my world understands and only one more day to go! K, last but not least...i'm worried about what this will do to me as a woman, that my youth is over, sex won't be the same and what other problems that may stem if my dr bumps the bladder or bowel. Yep I'm pretty much a wreck! Well enough about my miserable self, GOOD LUCK to all you other May ladies! I'll be praying for all of us!
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:02 AM

Lilac67, I am w/ you!!!!!!!!!! My surgery is May 11th, yesterday I went out to dinner w/ my family, sort of a last horah b/4 D day and I was a crying fool at the table. I too have been a mess! My husband says NOTHING! Just know I am here if you need to talk! I am sure this is ALL normal.
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:11 AM

Lilac67, I think we are all feeling the same emotions. No matter how much a DH cares and loves you, he just cannot understand what you are going through. And you know that when a man doesn't understand something or can't do something about a problem, his solution is to just clam up! I am so glad that there are women like me on this site, who really do understand what I am going through. Don't feel like there is something wrong with you - you are going through major surgery, and it is a huge deal. I am trying right now to let myself be selfish, and take care of just my needs. This is something that we don't do very often, so it takes some getting used to!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by jls42406
Lilac67, I am w/ you!!!!!!!!!! My surgery is May 11th, yesterday I went out to dinner w/ my family, sort of a last horah b/4 D day and I was a crying fool at the table. I too have been a mess! My husband says NOTHING! Just know I am here if you need to talk! I am sure this is ALL normal.
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:12 AM

emily...good luck with everything! I go for my preop/consult with my urogyn tomorrow. I feel like after tomorrow I'll finally know what all will be going on! I kind of feel like I'm in the dark here!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register