Any May sisters out there? - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Any May sisters out there?

Still keeping u guys in my thoughts and prayers! I am on post op day 6 and feeling pretty good! My Mom came home to take care of me and she has been a Godsend! ,,,Good luck to you all ,,I guess I have to move to the post op now,,,lol

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 12:35 PM

I'm so happy to have this board to come to. My family is very supportive, but when I try and talk with my DH, as much as he tries, he cannot understand my fears, etc. about this and he trys to make it seem like the surgery is no big deal (I think in part so he doesn't worry about it ans so that I don't worry about it). I keep telling him that alough they have this type of surgery down, it is still a big deal.
Unread 05-07-2007, 01:27 PM

Yes it is... They haven't a clue!! But we are all here if you need to vent!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2007, 02:49 PM

Hi Emily,

I am a fellow severe-anemic, and I too feel quite a bit better than I had been which makes it a little harder to get my head around the experience of the surgery. I'm on high doses of chromogen, which generally helps, but does a job on my digestive system. I start Procrit injections tomorrow to prepare for the surgery, which I have to do for three weeks.

BTW, I agree with Oceandancer - the dhs don't seem to know how to communicate their feelings. Sometimes I think that they believe if they actual say their concerns out loud that it will freak us out and freak them out even more. That said, it would sure be nice to hear.

My goal is to just get some patience and understanding, particularly because we have so much going on every weekend between now and my surgery (i.e. Holy Communion, birthdays, fundraisers, etc), and I really just want to be able to focus better than I am. I feel like such a bubble-head these days.
Unread 05-07-2007, 03:42 PM

Well it's mon, 6 days post op and I'm awake long enough to get on the computer. Surgery went really well. Only stayed over night and they let me home. Great anasthesiologist. Told her my concerns about how nauseous I get with meds and she decided to give me an epidural and light general. This way she could put pain medication in the epidural. All was great for a couple of hours, Itched all night from the fentanal in the epidural, they gave me two shots by 10 am the next morning asked them to shut it off was way too nauseous. i felt like I was on a roller coaster ride. Anyway made it home without incident. Pain management a little difficult couldn't take the narcotics my Drs. perscribed due to nausea. advil and tylenol had to surfice. Did ok, just sleepy. Hope everyone else in does well!!!!!
Unread 05-07-2007, 04:19 PM

Jennifer and Oceandancer, thank you for the replies. It is so nice to know I'm not alone out here...this site is wonderful!! I'm starting all of my prep for tomorrow...and wishing I had eaten more at lunch! Wow I'm nervous...can't wait until tomorrow at this time I'll be out of recovery and on the road to healing! Thanks again so much for your thoughts!
Unread 05-07-2007, 06:16 PM

I am about ready to throttle my DH...and I use the D with sarcasm! Yesh! He's telling everyone he knows about my surgery...what's wrong, what they are doing...everything. BLABBER MOUTH. I told him THAT"S IT. I'm telling the DOC that he is not at the hospital, so he'll have to wait until I hear how everything went from the doc, because the WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD will know how my surgery goes before I do. I thought they had privacy laws now, unless you are unfortunate enough to be married to a twit.
Unread 05-08-2007, 04:32 AM

Tomorow is the big day! A few last things to do but really am as ready as I will be. Yesterday I was so nervous-now I just want to get it over with. The actual operation, the pain, the recovery - ALL of it. My daughters have been squablling about each other to me. I told them NO MORE. For the next three weeks they need to find someone else to complain to. I am not available. It's my turn! Well, I am off to keep busy until my massage in the late afternoon. Let someone else try to get rid of my stress and tension. I surrender.
Wish me luck ladies........same to all of you.
Unread 05-08-2007, 05:20 AM

Best Wishes to you Daisylin...I wil send out extra prayers for you, and will look forward to your return...
BIG Hugs..
Unread 05-08-2007, 05:36 AM

Violet,
I can feel ya on DH keeping their mouths shut. Mine told everyone I was having "vagina surgery"... What the heck is "vagina surgery"? I chuckle about it now but wanted to kill him then. We take the good and the bad when we say "I do"...lol.
Hopefully he will come around some. I know mine has been a trooper since I came home on Sat May5th from LAVH.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register