Any May sisters out there? - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Any May sisters out there?

My surgery was also May 1st for TVH with A & P repairs. Came home May 4th evening. I feel like I would be able to do cartwheels now except they caught the sciatic nerve when they did my repair and it really hurts to walk. Other than that the surgery was nothing to worry about. Everything else works great, pain was really manageable and I'm just so annoyed that this happened I really feel great otherwise. So for all you Ladies in Waiting, stop worrying, other than this glitch it is worth a few hours of discomfort, nothing compared to what we've been putting up with. DH & DD are really pampering me and I'm lapping it up. After 35 years and 8 kids I feel I've earned it The kids all stop arguing when they come into my bedroom (I'm staying there in PJ's for as long as I can). I go downstairs to watch a movie with them after school, they put cushions behind me, bring me anything! I reckon it should last for a week more I go back to the castle tomorrow for a check up on my nerve/leg problem, but that's getting a little better though I do still take the pain meds, it hurts when they start to wear off So good luck to all about to follow, try take it easy and don't feel guilty for the attention YOU DESERVE IT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 09:20 AM

I can relate to the whole DH issue. Mine is so non-challant about this whole thing. I think he's in denial-that is until I called him into the bathroom with me on Sunday and made him feel all my fun stuff hanging out! Scared the he(double toothpicks)out of him and now he's pretty sure I need to get that taken care of! I don't think he'd walk around for a couple of years with his testicles on the outside of their little sacs....Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

Had pre-op appt. yesterday, all is well and ready to go on the 14th. Spent time with a great friend and her daughter last night and it just made me feel great...

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, can't wait to meet you on the other side!

Melicat

TVH, A&P Repair, Keeping Ovaries
Unread 05-08-2007, 09:22 AM

Scouser,
Sorry about your sciatic nerve...hope that does not keep you down for long, sounds like your family is treating you like the queen you are, let them keep doing it for as long as it lasts!

Keep us posted on your progress.

Hugs....Melicat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Thank You ladies for the laughs!

Tattoo and Melicat-Thank you soooo much for the laughs!
I'm going to be laughing about the "vagina" surgery all day! I'm still ticked off at the moronic behavior of my H-the D isn't back there yet.
Then this morning we're talking about him visiting his Mom...I've been bugging him to go for a couple of months now, she's in a nursing home in another state. He tells me he thinks he might go visit her the Monday after my surgery....great I say, so you will be leaving me stranded here unable to drive... Oh, he FORGOT I won't be able to drive!
I think if HE was have cuticle surgery, he would expect me to be driving him around town! Never mind having a few organs removed, and everything rearranged internally!
I endend up sweetly suggesting he go visit her NOW, and if I croak during surgery, DD will give him a ring.
My blood pressure is getting up there I can tell you!
So thanks ladies for making my day with the laughter! You made me feel so much better!
Unread 05-08-2007, 12:30 PM

Ladies if I was feeling unloved, unappreciated, unwanted and/or undesirable bc I don't have that significant other, you have given me reason to be glad that I don't. I'm sure many of them mean well BUT
My daughters have taken to teasing me about the surgery - gutting me and snip,snip are there favorite expressions. I'm going to believe they are nervous and don't know how to deal (lame excuse but they are in their 20s) At least we are still smiling through the pain.
Unread 05-08-2007, 01:00 PM

I am sooo glad I am not alone! My H has NO CLUE! Wanted to know if I wanted to go away on vacation. Thinking, maybe some place where I can rest in the sun... LMAO... He wanted to know if I wanted to go CAMPING!!!! ya know, scientists say men can only process 1 thought at a time! Usually that thought is their next meal or sex!
Unread 05-08-2007, 01:23 PM

And to think.... men are supposed to be the ones that rule the world!! Ha Ha
Maybe we really shouldn't give them a clue, they could be dangerous.
Unread 05-08-2007, 08:21 PM

You know the D could stand for many, many things...I can think of a few right off the top of my head! If they had any clue what we go through just on a daily basis, cramps, bleeding half to death, making sure you have enough tampons and pads with you to stop the breach of a dam...I mean come on girls, my husband can't remember to take his cell phone with him half the time...I love him dearly-but someone please explain to me how "man of the house" ever got started???? I have no idea how he's going to multi task his way through the next few weeks, but I'm gonna have fun watching!

VAGINA SURGERY, LMAO, that one really takes the cake. Seriously, where do they come up with some of this stuff! I'd like to be a fly on the wall listening to my husband telling his buddies about feeling my junk hanging out of my "VAGINA" the other day...I think I really scarred him for life, he can't even watch the discovery channel where they have emergency rooms or show any blood or owies...

I'm so glad I found you all, it helps so much to vent and talk and have fun. Only 6 more days til my trip to the castle. I cannot wait, I hope this surgery doesn't make me more feisty, I don't think my "D"H could handle it...

Melicat
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:21 AM

violet, I'm still laughing at your DH. Maybe that's how he's coping? My DH after the visit to the urogyn turned to me and said "that doesn't sound too bad." Mind you the urogyn is doing a cystoscopy, Monarc sling, and an intense rectal exam to evaluate my rectocoele and it doesn't sound too bad combined with a LAVH? Hello? Let's see him do that. AND the urogyn says he may need to adjust the slling the morning after surgery while I am standing. Good luck everyone.

Ann: I'm doing highlights today, 14 days before!
Unread 05-10-2007, 06:17 PM

Well,I'm home from the castle. I could have gonje home yesterday but I didn't pass gas until late and after a suppository. Ick. The castle is the best one I've ever been in, rooms are all single, look like hotel rooms w/hospital bed, bathroom has a huge shower! Al went well, my doc asked me if someone has done surgery on right ovary before because there was a surgical clamp on it! The plastic surgeon that did my tummy tuck 3 years ago must have left it in there. Yeesh!

Pain isn't too bad, am drinking and eating some, walking a little every hour around the house, taking percocet and napping. I feel like I have gas moving thru now but it's down where I had "vagina" surgery lol That's too funny.
Going ot nap again, now
Victoria
LAVH/BSO marsupialization of Bartholin's cyst
10/8/07

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register