Any May sisters out there? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Any May sisters out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylin
Hey Clairebear,
When I saw the name I thought there is no way my daughter is responding (a Claire and that was her knickname as a child, now 26).
Daisy

Funny I love that nickname also!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2007, 11:44 AM

Hi,

I am May 10th and I honestly can't wait. I am having a LAVH also. To have a day not in pain I do notthink I will know what to do........good luck everybody!
Unread 04-21-2007, 11:44 AM

Hi! I am scheduled May 14th for a tvh. I am getting nervous and anxious. Reading everyone's posts helps. I keep thinking I have way too long to wait, but it is sneaking up quickly and I feel like I have SO much to get done before the big day. I have kids 7,6, and almost 2. They keep me plenty busy, especially since the school year is almost over. They each have music programs, soccer...I don't want to miss anything. I think that is part of my anxiety for post-op. I am afraid of missing something. What, I am not sure.
Good luck to all of you. I will look forward to keeping up with everyone and tracking our progress!!
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2007, 12:09 PM
May sisters...May 15th for me

May 15th - TAH/BSO - vertical incision. Diagnosis Endometrial hyperplasis with cytolocic atypia. I feel fine...Sure wish I had a option not to have this. Everyone tells me I have to do this. 2 doctors, family, friends, etc. It's hard letting yourself get cut up when you are not in pain or anything..
Unread 04-21-2007, 02:20 PM

May 4th for me, and I can't wait!! I am so ready to be rid of this pain! I thought about getting my house in order, but every time I put something away my two year old gets it back out. He likes to "help" clean. So then I decided to focus on the area around my bed so I would have some nice, private space while I recover. I got my dh to move all his stuff out, and moved my computer in. I positioned the t.v. so I can see it while laying down. I put a stack of books and magazines under the nightstand. I went to Blockbuster and made a list of movies for my dh to rent for me after the surgery.

I'll just shut the door and ignore the rest of the house. And the clothes all over the bedroom...there's the dirty pile and the clean pile...and the stray toys that my son left in here...and my son running in every two min. to "see mommy feel better." It's going to be all about blocking out the present reality and catching up on Grey's Anatomy and Heros for me. And the pain pills...I love the happy place the pain pills take me to, where it doesn't matter that my house is falling down around me, or my son hasn't had a bath in a week, or that he hasn't eaten anything but Goldfish crackers for three days. It doesn't matter that there's cat vomit on the floor, dishes everywhere, no clean clothes, or that I'm so bloated I can't fit into anything but sweatpants. I'm in my happy place...la la...

That's another fun thing to do while you wait...shop! Lately I am so swollen all the time that I can't fit into my regular clothes. So I was at the mall the other day buying a couple of warm up suits to wear, and I discovered...there is SO MUCH to buy! Not that I have money for any of it, but hey, pamper the princess! We NEED new nightshirts, robes, fuzzy slippers, face masks, etc. We NEED to hit the bookstore and pick up some novels. We NEED our favorite television series on DVD to keep us entertained for hrs. on end. We NEED cheap entertainment magazines like People and Us so we can look at the pictures when we don't feel like reading actual words. Then there's the spiritual/healing stuff we need...a diary, a book about coping with loss, a new devotional book, etc. Come to think of it, music would be good, too. And why just get an old CD player when you can get ipods so easily these days?! Yes, we really NEED music to help us stay relaxed and focused during healing. Finally, there is the hobby stuff that we can work on while in bed that we need to buy. If we scrapbook we have to buy lots of supplies to catch up on our scrapbooking while we're recovering. If we sew, knit, etc. we have to stock up on those supplies. Anything to keep us from getting bored and going crazy...maybe even a video game!

So, ladies, start by making a list of everything you want to buy before the big trip to the castle. Then you can begin your search for the perfect shirt, robe, etc. This project can be as quick as you like (order off the internet if you're swamped), or you can fill up lots and lots of hours shopping for just the right thing to pamper the princess. If you really want to pass the time you can randomly tell the sales clerks in stores details about the procedure you're having done, and ask if they think blood will come out of this shirt, or find some other way to work in lots of uncomfortable words like, "hysterectomy," "uterus," and "vagina," into the conversation.
Unread 04-21-2007, 02:34 PM

Ditto to everything Kaleidoscope says!!!

Well, except for the cat vomit. Yeah, I gotta draw the line at that one.

I wish we all lived close so we could meet for a ladies day out after! Does Hyster Sisters ever have a convention???
Unread 04-21-2007, 02:52 PM

How about I just come to CA and visit you? Or we have a convention in CA! I've always wanted to go to CA. I'm from the East Coast. Well, the Deep South, really. We still eat grits, build lots of statues of people who fought in the Civil War, and wear these HUGE ruffle dresses in pastel shades for things like Magnolia Festival and Azalea Trail Maid. And our kids can go to Catillion where they get lessons on proper fancy dinner behavior and ballroom dancing. You know, which fork to use when and stuff. And my sixth grade social studies teacher wore a dress with matching belt, earings, and high heeled shoes to school everyday for the entire year. I just assumed, back then, that matching accessories came with every outfit you bought. Ya'll come see us, ya hear?!
Unread 04-21-2007, 03:07 PM

You are too funny Kaleidoscope!!!!! I left Sacramento, California and moved way out in the middle of nowhere in Illinois. Would love to go back and visit Cali though! It will always be home to me. As I said in my previous post, my doc wants me to have a hysterectomy in May, but I couldn't actually commit to doing it when I went in for a follow-up appointment with her yesterday. I know I need to have it done, but I am absolutely terrified! I really admire you ladies for making the decision to do it and get it over with. I wish I were that strong.
Unread 04-21-2007, 08:35 PM

I am May 23 for a LVH and lymph node removal for cervical cancer stage 1A2. I have to recover from the LEEP that was performed earlier this month before they will do the LVH. I have two girls ages 3 and 4 that keep me very busy. I find my nights after they go to bed are the worst. I start thinking, wondering and worrying. I am a single Mom and my biggest worry is who will take care of them and me while we go through all of this. I am starting a schedule with family and friends. I think my biggest distraction is the Disneyland vacation I scheduled before my diagnosis. I can't wait!!!! I wish everyone here the very best!!!!
Unread 04-21-2007, 08:44 PM

Scared, Disneyland is a great distraction. Make sure you've got good walking shoes, hats, sunscreen and a backpack full of water and snacks for yourself and the little ones.

I was a single mom back in '95 when I had a brain aneurysm. The best advice for weathering through is having a network of family and good friends who can be there for you at the drop of a hat.

It sure is a comfort to have this website and all these sisters who can relate to what we're all going through. I'm enjoying my wait with you ladies and wish we could meet someday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register