Any May sisters out there? - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Any May sisters out there?

fiftyish~ So glad to hear you are home and feeling good. Take care and don't over do. Your hospital sounds posh! I don't know if I'll have a roomie or not, I've never had a castle sleepover before.
Take care of yourself and remember to
Pamper the Princess!
Hugs and well wishes,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2007, 09:51 PM

I had my pre-op last Friday. My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, May 16th. I'm having a TAH with paravaginal defect repair, urethropexy and AP repair. The doctor said my ovaries were my decision. I decided to have them both removed. I'm 50 and have been perimenopausal for about 2 years already. At my pre-op he just listened to my heart and reviewed what he was going to do and had me sign the consent form. He said I didn't need a bowel prep, but I think I'm going to do one. I have lots of rectal pressure and constipation because of my rectocele and I don't want any stool there when I have my surgery! I'll be glad when it's over. I know I need to have it done, but I'm really dreading it!!
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:05 AM

Diverchick, nice, highlites are good! I am also now auburn brown for the next 28 shampoos :}

Yesterday was the preop visit then off to Pizzaria Unos to visit with two very close ex-coworker friends before my castle visit. I have such awesome friends. They are so there for me right now.

Anyway, day 15 was a full body massage booked on the spur of the moment. last night, day 14, was the dinner with my friends. Tonight, day 13, is a hair cut and tomorrow, day 12, will be my "get the big underwear" day.

Ah yes, it is good to be a princess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2007, 07:06 AM

Yeah! It's over!!! I'm back! Ok so the pain is there but it's tolerable considering it's temporary and will not be a monthly issue anymore! I had LSH on the 9th. I came home that same day and was actually up walking around a slight bit. Yesterday I was up even more. It seems the more I get up and move around the less my tummy muscles are hurting.

I try to do as much for myself as I can without straining. My DH on the other hand has been here to help. I'm sleeping in the recliner and he's actually on the couch in case I need help getting up! It's great! Only problem is when he's so dead asleep I have to call his cell phone to wake him up and he's not even 10 feet away from me. (And that's napping during the day!)

I was aggrivated at my DH before the surgery but he's been very good since getting out of surgery to make sure I have all that I need.

I went in to the hospital and came out with much recollection of anything in between. It was pretty simple although the pain made me want to throw up when I first started getting up and moving around. I was going to go home but had to snooze a few more hours to get rid of the fatigue.

I was scared going in but now, it was a piece of cake! There really wasn't anything to be worried about. The doctors had everything under control and there were no problems.

Good luck and I'll be praying for you all. For me, now it's time to go to the post-op posts.
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:15 AM

Hey Ann...today is lunch with a dear friend and tomorrow will be look for big undi day for me too! I also want to get a "busy bag" for my family who will be waiting during the surgery. I think I'll put in some puzzle books and some snacks and water. Are you taking anything for the nurses?
Unread 05-11-2007, 07:41 AM

I hadn't thought about the nurse thing. Good thought. I believe that chocolates are the most appreciated. I'll have to search for something that can be placed in a bowl and snacked on.
Unread 05-11-2007, 09:14 AM

bluesteyesntx-Welcome back! Glad to hear it wasn't so bad...I'm thinking of calling off the whole thing every other minute. I will see you on the post-op in a few days. I have hosp pre-op this afternoon. Maybe that will make me feel better about the whole thing. Take care of yourself...Rest and recover,
Unread 05-11-2007, 05:38 PM

Violet...you're getting close! Good wishes blowing your way...keep us all posted as we come to the finish!
Unread 05-11-2007, 06:36 PM
the last leg of the wait is the worst

The hospital pre-op went fine.EKG fine, blood work AND I've lost 3 lbs double YAY, but this was not the way I expected to do it. How much do you think I'll loose with the op? Those parts must weigh something! Another positive to look forward to. (Along with no more vajayjay ultra sounds or exams!!)
I wouldn't mind a little lipo work while I'm sleeping either.
The Nice, calm, anethesia doc said op can take anywhere from 1.5 to 3.5 hours depending. I didn't ask depending on what...neither did hubby.

Took my last final of the semester today, YAY!! Start new online class on the 21st.
I still feel sick to my stomach about this op when I dwell on it...
Thanks diverchick...I will post once I'm home from the castle!
Unread 05-11-2007, 06:58 PM

I Have 6 Days Also To Tah.....i Will Be So Glad When It Is Over With....is Anyone Having Dh Stay Over With Them...or Better To Let Them Go Home...folks Make Me Nervous Bout Being So Gassy Is It Really That Bad.....keep Me In Pray....they Say If U Pray Dont Worry.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register