Any May sisters out there? - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Any May sisters out there?

edit - I meant to write " I used to throw my socks on the floor and wiggle my feet ito them"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2007, 03:12 PM

OK Ladies - my pre-op is tomorrow and my surgery is the 17th - I'm so scared that I've been having little flutters in my stomach almost like when I was pregnant and the baby would flutter then I feel like I'm going to puke. I just keep reading everyone's posts and they help.
Unread 05-14-2007, 03:47 PM

Clairebear,

I have decided to just think of the positive things. I am doing the best I can to make this a good experience. I know going in with a good attitude makes all the difference in the world. If I expect it to be horrible it probrably will be. If I expect to cruise right through it, I know I'll find the difficult parts a lot easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2007, 04:13 PM

jhdj, I guess it depends on why your stressed. For me it was being put to sleep and maybe not waking up, when I still had a child at home. So I pretty much tried to get things in order in case I wasn't here. I know it sounds weird, but I've read alot of people do that. I still cried in the room right before my surgery, but they gave me some medicine to calm me down and it was great. No worries everything will turn out great! Good Luck!
Unread 05-14-2007, 04:26 PM

My boss is going in for back surgery this week and were talking about how we feel. I said I was anxious because I know I am going to have to struggle for a while to get back on my feet. His worry was that he'd wake up in the middle of surgery because he saw it happened to someone on TV.

I thought, oh my God, I can't even worry about that or any of the other million possibilities that might happen that most likely won't. If I did I'd get nuts.

All I know for sure is that my girlfriends are going to get tampons wrapped up for chistmas (from my closet). I may even sing "ding dong the witch is dead wipe your eyes get out of bed".
Unread 05-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Ann43 It's just so hard!! I know you understand and I should have a better attitude and I do tell myself that then the fear jumps in! It's this WAITING!!!!! I want to be on the post-op side and I know I'll get there sooner than not. It's just so many unknowns!!!
Unread 05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Hang in there ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear
Ann43 It's just so hard!! I want to be on the post-op side and I know I'll get there sooner than not. It's just so many unknowns!!!
I just had my surgery on the 3rd. I remember being in your position, the fear taking over me. I promise you it will all be okay in the end. The hospital will take good care of you and give you some medication that will totally relax you prior to going to the operating room.
Hang in there and know we understand your fears!
Unread 05-14-2007, 07:42 PM

Thanks Stacy - well tomorrow is my pre-op I hope it doesn't add anymore worries - but I'll try and be positive
Unread 05-14-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetersgrl
jhdj, I guess it depends on why your stressed. For me it was being put to sleep and maybe not waking up, when I still had a child at home. So I pretty much tried to get things in order in case I wasn't here. I know it sounds weird, but I've read alot of people do that. I still cried in the room right before my surgery, but they gave me some medicine to calm me down and it was great. No worries everything will turn out great! Good Luck!
a lot of it has to do with the whole single mom part. i have wonderful friends though and they have reassured me that everything will be fine. i drew up a new will and medical directive yesterday (happy mothers day to me) and am getting it noterized tomorrow. that way some of the stress is off for now.
as for the shoe situation i've been reading about on here...ladies try crocs. they may not be the best looking shoes in the world, but they slip on and off easy and they are the most comfortable things you will ever put on your feet. i live in mine all year round. in fact my best friend gave me a brand new pair of shocking green ones to wear home from the castle! no bending required! hope that helps!
Unread 05-14-2007, 11:08 PM

Well I heard from the hospital at 7 pm, I'm due to register at the castle at 7:30 tomorrow, surgery at 9:30, so I'll be driving in the midst of rush hour. Lovely. My blood pressure should be shooting through the roof. I guess it could be worse, it could be 5 pm! See you on the post op ...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register