Any May sisters out there? - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 05-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Any May sisters out there?

Oh yah Diverchick, I wanted to say, dont run. After we are on the other side we are going to be so glad. I can't wait until we are both reporting in from home and our biggest problem in the world is passing gas :]

BTW - you are so lucky to have Monday off. I should have done the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2007, 09:38 AM

Hi Diverchick and Ann - I am right there with you guys!!! I am trying to keep as busy as possible. My girl's night out is Sun. I figure I am going to pig out and consume as much alcohol as I can. My bowl prep starts at noon on Tues. also. I have a no caffeine restriction...oh I am going to be loads of fun to be around. I stocked up on broth juice and jello lucky us!!! I agree with Diverchick at times I just want to run run run!!!
Unread 05-18-2007, 12:17 PM

Ann, you will be surprised how you won't be as hungry as you think you'll be! I've been battling some nausea, and at times, the liquid diet still feels like too much food, even 4 days post op.

Praying all goes well!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2007, 01:15 PM

Valkgal, Congrat on being 4 days out. I hope you comfortable even with a little nasuea.

I have to start drinking the bowel stuff at 8:00 a.m. and go to clear liquids at noon. What a lovely day this will be ha ha. I started to ween off caffeine last week. I spent all this week drinking half caffeine and half decaf. From tomorrow on it'll be decaf only. The first time I went to a yoga weekend I stopped coffee without thinking about it and I got the worst screaming forehead headache from the caffeine with drawl. Better to have one less thing to deal with I say.

I am just imagining myself with the fridge door open staring into the light mid evening on Weds after not eating since noon. I bet those pepproncini my BF eats will be looking pretty good by then! LOL I have to grab some broth and some more jello. Valkgal , you are probably right about still keeping it light afteward.

Diverchick and Scared03 - NO RUNNING!!!! I plan on going in with energy from both of your with me. We are all going to be psyched by the end of next week.

PS Margarita's at On The Boarder tonight. Thats clear liquid right???? ;}
Unread 05-18-2007, 05:10 PM

Ann - Have a large margarita for me!!!! I will think of you on Sun. when I am out celebrating. We will all hang in there and provide each other all the support in the world, because we deserve it!!!!
Unread 05-18-2007, 05:21 PM

I am 1 week into my post op... I hear what you mean about combustion. The 3rd day I felt great so I over did it and have been paying for it since. I am having nightmares and my belly looks gross. I now know what men feel like when their bellies get to big and they lose sight of their appendages! lol... I have vowed to keep still, in fear of adhesions, and my mother’s wrath, but it is hard. DH does everything wrong! lol, even though he is trying so hard! I guess I am just a control freak! And hate to relinquish my control!
Unread 05-18-2007, 07:53 PM

scared and ann...we'll have to see which one of us gets back on after our date. I'm not really sure on the bowel prep thing..don't think my GYN does it that often as he was kind of vague, said "just eat lightly on Tuesday and do the liquid and the enema." I think I'll do liquids from noon on? We're getting close! And valkgal: Congrats! And...jls, I can see that being me after 3 days. I'm wondering too how I can just sit for a week! I asked my GYN when I could start to walk and he looks at me over his glasses and said maybe I could sit in a chair that night...hmmmm.
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:45 AM

hey guys....I had to drive myself to the castle because DH had to get the kids off to school. He was to meet me there (my surgery was scheduled for 9a). I get to preop, get into my gown and think, oh ....! I'm about to have major surgery! I get all panicky and start walking around the holding area with my bare butt and gown flapping in the wind, thinking about an escape (lol!)The nurse and the anesthesiologist come in and talk to me and change me from epidural to 'general'. I told them they would have to sedate me if they didn't want to be chasing me down the halls (it was very funny). I signed my consents, they sedated me and my DH and parents came in to see me. I was so calm and happy. They rolled me into surgery and that's all I remember until I got to my room. They put me on a dilaudid pump which controlled my pain (and me) until the next morning. I was in for two nights. I'm home, passing gas, pooping, walking and behaving. I want to thank everyone for their support and information. I was on this sight for at least one to two hours everyday for a week for my surgery. I beleive that this sight got me through the rough parts!!! Thanks to everyone!!! If I can do it...you can too!
Unread 05-20-2007, 06:07 PM

Diverchick, 3 days woohooo!! I am hurting so I can't wait. I have to do a bowel prep because I had the mycomectomy surgery and my doc is sure there will be a ton of adhesions from the extensive incisions made on my uterus last time. She absolutely wants my bowel empty and clean so nothing happens in case it gets nicked or whatever can happen. I sure as heck do not want to end up septic so I will do whatever it takes. I have to drink a phosphate laxative with soda twice on Tues plus start liquid diet at noon. It may be an ucky process but I bet it feels good to be cleaned out. I tried to clean out using maragaritas Fri night but I am not sure it worked LOL I tell ya, there is nothing like a girls night out before a hysterectomy, they so get it!!!

I can already see my new life starting next week. Here is to all us of us having courage!!!!!
Unread 05-22-2007, 05:39 AM

Hi all, tomorrow is the big day. My surgery isn't untill noon. I'm a little worried about getting through the morning, no food or drink, and after a night of bowel prep. YUK! Good luck to all the May 23rd girls.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register