Any May sisters out there? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-22-2007, 09:12 AM
To the May Crew!

Hey there May ladies, we will get through this short time (I go to the castle on May 17). Aunt Flo came for a visit this weekend (hopefully for the final time), I can't stand her and she knows it. Called the doctor on Friday because I need to be able to through my work day without passing out in pain. Prescribed Darvocet...WOW! I have no pain but I also want to go to sleep under my desk. Oh well, the big day will be here before you know it. Ladies, we will get through the waiting together...thank goodness for this wonderful web site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Any May sisters out there?

I am scheduled for May 3rd. I'm getting less nervous about it, but then I am in the middle of what I hope to be my last ever visit with Aunt Flo (when she comes to visit me she brings all her friends and they aren't particularly nice) I wish now that I could have been scheduled sooner.
Unread 04-22-2007, 10:13 AM

Not to be disgusting but I have been passing some nice sized clots this weekend and everytime I see one in the toilet, I say "na, na, na, na Hey, Hey, good-bye!!!!
I could have scheduled my hysto for this Friday but as social worker/child abuse investigator, i need to get all of my paperwork caught up.
Ladies, keep coming back to this site to help with the nerves...it really does help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2007, 02:54 PM

Sorry about the unwelcome visitor. I am staying low key with family - most don't even know yet. I don't want to deal with most of them.
Instead I went on a charity poker run with my motorcycle group. Got in a beautiful ride in the lovely spring/summer weather today and donated blood. I feel lucky to be able to do the things I want right now.
Unread 04-22-2007, 03:37 PM
may sisters

Hi my date is may 1st. even that seems too far away. I have tried to get everything in order but it always seems like I've forgotten one more thing. I just got home from a 4 day weekend with 8 other friends. I have my preop exam tomorrow with my gyn. I have pre op blood work on wed and 4 days left of work before surgery. The dogs are groomed (3 two great pyrenees, one great dane.) The kids are informed they may have to help out (2 boys 21 and 23) and the hubby has already cleared his schedule. ( we are both RN's So he has private duty with me that week). But I still feel like I'm not done
Good luck to you all.
Mary Ann
Unread 04-22-2007, 06:19 PM

wow....stay off for a few days and lots of May sisters. kaleidoscope, I laughed at your post. I've got to do the lists and get to the store too! I have some stuff since this is my third try at a date! scared, we share the date, we'll have to share recovery stories! I am sorry for all the trouble you've had. loves2quilt, do I take it that you're going with it and feeling ok about it? I'll have to continue to read. Good luck all May sisters! Last night it all of a sudden hit me that OMG it's gonna happen and I hit the panic button. I wanted to grab my purse and run! We;ll get through this! I agree, a nice meeting place would be nice!
Unread 04-22-2007, 07:09 PM

Don't you wish we could all use frequent flyer miles or the rainy day fund and meet for a long weekend in Hawaii before the big day?

Think of the big bonfire we could have with all those maxi-pads burning on the beach at sunset while sipping a cool umbrella cocktail.

That is the visual that I'm going to carry into surgery with me.

Diver, don't know what's up yet -- I have my ENT appt. tomorrow a.m. Have to see what he says about my tonsils/lymphs and hopefully it won't cancel my surgery date of 5/18!
Unread 04-23-2007, 12:26 AM

Only eight days here, but who's counting? It really hit me last night, and I'm starting to get really nervous now. My only other surgery was last fall for a really nasty herniated lumbar disc, and I had no choice, plus I was on buckets of oxy- not much anxiety broke through that!

I have a softball sized dermoid on my right ovary, and other than feeling five months pg and a bit constipated, I'm really not that uncomfortable. It realy *is* hard to submit yourself to something that *makes* you feel horrible, especially this time of year. I just want to go geocaching!

I think the main reason for my anxiety is that my hyster (vs the RSO) is truly elective. I have nasty cycles that are very irregular, but had I not needed to have the RSO done abdominally, I wouldn't have sought a hyster at this time. Hubby is snipped, so fertillity is less than a concern, and my gyne offered to "get it while I'm in there, and you need to do the recovery anyway". It sounds SO nice to not have to deal with Auntie Flo or the specter of endo/cervical cancer, but I am really afraid that I am going to regret my decision if my recovery is rough or I wind up with complications related to the hyster. AARRGH! I really wish I could chicken out until next fall, but it has been five months since we found the dermoid, and my hubby's nerves just can't hold out any longer!

Well, I have quite the shopping list put together, and I think I'm gonna bribe my teenage son to watch the four littles so hubby and I can power shop, hit the bookstore (NEED books, uh huh!) and get a coffee. Our idea of a great date!

[And hey, L2Q- if you find one of those dolls for a good deal, let me know- I think my hubby could use one. He's already pouting!]
Unread 04-23-2007, 01:28 AM

May 8 for me.

I've returned to school again so I've had to mmove up my finals since the week I'm having surgery is finals week. So, with having to do my regular school work plus reviewing for finals, I don't seem to have a lot of time. I'm glad it's going quickly, at least so far. I'm marking off the days, want this to get over and done with.

I also need to get out and buy a couple pair of elastic waist shorts and another pair of track pant to wear after surgery. Then, there's the stuff I need to get before surgery like pads, toothbrush holder (can never find where I put them after we've been away somewhere) and other odds and ends. I'm really nervous about this surgery adn found out that my gyne doesn't give HRT unless symptoms are rastic afterwards. I'm an almost 50 yo woman, returning to college after sooo long and can't seem to get into the study groove again and a single mom of a 16 yo daughter! Tell me I don't need HRT! I better not get too out there or he's refunding my tution and helping tutor me thru anatomy and physiology this summer so I pass. lol
Victoria
Unread 04-23-2007, 02:36 AM

May 15 for me after having to cancel my April 16th due to strep-DANG IT. Still having some trouble with bronchitis but after two separate trips to two different doctors, it is getting a little better. Plus started on Chantix last Wednesday...argh, wish me luck.
I'm kinda ready, kinda not. I guess since I was SO ready last time only to have it fall through at almost the last minute, I'm procrastinating this time. Although I have procured a new yard guy on a regular basis so I won't have that to worry about.
Daughter will not be coming down for this one since she will just be getting back from London the week before so I'll be recuperating pretty much on my own.
I have bought 3 beautiful sleeveless cotton mid-calf flowing nighties for post op. If I'm gonna be a princess, by heavens, I'm gonna feel like one!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register