Any May sisters out there? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Any May sisters out there?

Jay-bee, I'm dealing with some throat issues too so I REALLY feel sorry for my DH -- I'm sure the month of May is going to be a memorable one for him.

Mrs. -- I remember your posts from last month and I hope things settle down enough for you to get the green light. I had bronchitis in Feb. and just got my strep culture back from all the tonsillitus -- negative!

We'll have to see what the ENT says this a.m. and if it will postpone my date. Still waffling about my uterus since my issues are similar to yours, Jay-bee, but I'm really leaning toward just getting it all over with and putting it behind me.

I have "The Thornbirds" on DVD and I plan on watching the entire thing (8 hours worth) and also Oprah's 20th Anniv. DVD -- I don't think I ever got through all those discs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 08:43 AM

May 4th is the big day!

I am so stressing out...what I'm worried about most is not being able to do things. I'm soposed to be taking it easy now but I sneak out and do stuff (I know, not a good idea) and after the surgery I know I CAN NOT do any sneaking to weed the garden, or clean the house. It's going to be so very hard!!!
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:08 AM

Hi May gals - I'm scheduled for May 8th. It seems so far away but it's only two weeks. I'm sure that it will be here before I know it but I, too, am getting anxious to get it over with. I'm concentrating on the prayers and love being lavished on me by my wonderful family (at home and church.) I'm getting that "nesting" feeling like you do before giving birth. I just want to tear my house apart but I feel tired a lot so the spirit is willing... I'm also looking beyond the surgery and the first two weeks of recuperation to a time of healing. It will be nice to sleep through the night without this football of a fibroid sitting on my bladder. I'm picturing myself on my sun porch with my Greyhound for company (he's a big mama's boy and won't leave my side.) I'm not concerned about dust bunnies or laundry. Hubby will do what he can. I've been asking my minister for books to borrow so I can use this time to really immerse myself in some Christian study. It's my time to recuperate and I want to use it to spend some quiet time with God and get to know Him better too! Going in to surgery knowing that it's part of a greater plan gives me great peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you all for an easy surgery and peaceful recovery. Use this time to fulfill your own needs. The housework will be there for you for many years to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 09:15 AM

I am also looking forward to sitting on the front porch with my five month old yellow lab.
I wish I wouldn't be in so much pain right now...doc gave me meds but I can't take them at work or I will be sleeping.
May 17 can't get here soon enough.
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:18 AM

May 8th for me! Trying to keep occupied by reading up & gathering the things I'll need.
Kathy
TAH, BSO, 48 years old
Unread 04-23-2007, 10:05 AM

My TAH is scheduled for May 4th. I was nervous, but after finding all of you it has been alot easier-- thank you so much! Right now I am getting the house in order and preparing some freezer meals so my family won't be eating take out every night. I have also been taking your advice on what to bring to the castle and what I will need to help me during my recovery, so I managed to get some shopping in as well! Thanks again to all of you--I would not have been able to handle this as well as I have if it weren't for all of you!
Unread 04-23-2007, 10:26 AM

I'm scheduled for LAVH on May 9th. I just found out three days ago, and I don't think everything has sunk in yet! The least of my worries is the hospital, as I've had surgery there before and they were so kind to me then. I'm more concerned about the days immediately after surgery, so I'm trying to learn all I can that will prepare me for it!

PH
Unread 04-23-2007, 12:00 PM

I am schedualed for a TAH and bladder sling on May 1st. The waiting is really getting to me. I am just ready to be done with it, but the time is going by really fast. Good luck to all of you other may sisters.
Unread 04-23-2007, 01:21 PM
May 8th

I'm scheduled on May 8th for my TAH/SRO & bladder tack. It does seem like May is so far away. I've been trying to bury myself in the end of the month stress at work, but it's only making things worse. Then add a teenaged DD with an attitude on top of all this and I feel like I'm I am ready for this to be behind me and am looking forward to being away from work too.
Unread 04-23-2007, 01:31 PM

May 15 for me. I am having a TAH and who knows what else.

My last day at work will be May 11, and although I am in no hurry for the surgery, I cannot wait for some time off of work! I am beyond stressed. I am the Workers Compensation Rep for our surgeons and between my patients, the paperwork, my upcoming surgery and my cramps and bleeding, I sometimes feel like Im going to be in the Pysch ward soon! LOL

I am starting to get my list together of everything I will need for my stay in the castle and my recovery at home. Is it just me or is there ALOT of stuff that needs to be done??? I can't wait until this is all done and over with!

Good Luck to all of you lovely ladies!

Cathy
32 yrs young

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register