Any May sisters out there? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Any May sisters out there?

Hi May gals - I just returned from buying some really cute pajama/lounge wear outfits. It cheered me up a bit. Be kind to yourselves over the next few weeks. Give yourself permission to pamper yourself. You aren't being selfish. My neighbors promised me a girls' night out before May 8th. Maybe we all just need a Margarita!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 02:49 PM

My last day at work will be the day before...work will keep my mind off of the surgery. Yes, there is a lot to do but it is doable. I wouldn't know where to begin if it were not for all of the great advice we read about here.
Good luck May ladies!
Unread 04-23-2007, 03:14 PM

May 15th for me. I work full time and opposite shifts of my dh so it is me and the kids (5 and 8) at night. Not much time to get anything accomplished. My 8 year old is a competitive dancer and baton twirler and has a full day of competition on Saturday followed by making her first communion on Sunday. Then its kindergarten round up for the 5 year old and more recital practices for the 8 year old. Next week is my pre-op I am so excited. I think after that it will seem more real. I too am trying to get my house in order but it only stays like that for a short time. My 5 year old can destroy the house in about 30 seconds flat. I wish the extra time fairy would pay me a visit and sprinkle a few extra hours into my day. Sorry for the rambling ladies but it feels so good to let it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 04:53 PM

May 4th for me. I've only had the date since last week and it hasn't given me a whole lot of time to prepare or think but maybe that's okay. I found this site today and am really getting alot of good information about what to take to the Castle and prepare.

I learned I have at least one fibroid measuring 9 cm X 14 cm and while I don't know what that means in terms of "weeks" size of my uterus, I just know that it's ugh - big and I do want/need it to come out. Now it's starting to cause genuine discomfort so I'm ready to start feeling better.

I've done some pre-cooking of meals, and made a generic grocery list for the hubby since shopping is something I've always taken care of. He will do fine. Our families have offered to help. I've also done some cleaning/nesting, have recorded ALL of the Planet Earth shows from Discovery Channel to watch along with a couple movies. Found and set aside some books I've wanted to catch up on. I will also work until the day ahead of time. I want to look around the site here and find even more helpful tips.

This weekend I plan to go to my hometown 2 hours away and visit with family, plus celebrate my sister's 49er birthday and in general, just whoop it up pretty good.
Unread 04-23-2007, 06:05 PM

Hi Ladies, Mine is scheduled for May 4. My husband is having back surgery 4 days prior to mine, so I am sure we will drive each other crazy. I have been having spotting in between for several years now, had an ablation in Jan. that didn't work, so this is last resort. I had breast cancer 7 years ago and had double mastectomy with reconstruction using my own tissue. It was a HUGE operation, so I'm going into this like it will be nothing. I'm sure I'm only fooling myself. I feel like I will be down for just a couple of days, then be fine. I read all the prep everyone is talking about (making movie lists, getting books from library, buying more pillows, etc.) and it reminds me of the cancer surgery. After reading all these, I feel I should take this a little more serious. It just seems that since I won't be having an abdominal incision, it will be a snap.
Good luck to all!!
Unread 04-23-2007, 06:13 PM

May 9th here. I have found some of the most comfortable pants to wear now and they will be perfect after surgery. I found them at Walmart!!! On the clearance rack!!!! They are sweats with a knit waist band that you can fold over or leave up. They flare at the bottom and are full fit all over. Plus they are not heavy. I am wearing them now. They cost $11.50 only!!! Thought I would send this along in case anyone is looking for comfort too.
Unread 04-23-2007, 06:36 PM

I never thought about checking Wal-mart Thanks for the idea
Unread 04-23-2007, 07:35 PM

i'm a go for may 16th and don't even know where to begin anything! i'm a single mom of a 14 year old who does more than her share already around the house. but now i've got to ask her to do more??? my sister and my best friend can only do so much as we all have very busy lives. so i think the hardest part for me will be coping without anyone around. afterall, my daughter has to go to school! the one thing i haven't told anybody else though is the fact that i am scared to death right now. how can i be a reassuring parent and still have fears like this? any suggestions?
Unread 04-23-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdj
i'm a go for may 16th and don't even know where to begin anything! i'm a single mom of a 14 year old who does more than her share already around the house. but now i've got to ask her to do more??? my sister and my best friend can only do so much as we all have very busy lives. so i think the hardest part for me will be coping without anyone around. afterall, my daughter has to go to school! the one thing i haven't told anybody else though is the fact that i am scared to death right now. how can i be a reassuring parent and still have fears like this? any suggestions?

you can do it, stay positive... you are so not alone with all of us here. your 14 yr old will be your driving force to get better quick, i dont have children but i know if i did that alone would make me want to get it out of the way and recover quickly...

good luck to you, and if you need to talk we are right here.
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:06 AM

thanks kmp17...i think that this site is what i've been looking for. just have to do it one day at a time. but it's nice to know i'm not alone. thanks for the kind words, and you're right my daughter is what's keeping me going!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register