Any May sisters out there? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May sisters out there? Any May sisters out there?

Unread 04-25-2007, 07:24 AM
Any May sisters out there?

Just heard from my Doc and my surgery was officially moved up from the 23rd to the 9th!!! . I am freaking out. So much to do, and don't want to do it!

Must get hair colored...fast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 07:25 AM

thanks, you are right, of course. Positive thinking can do wonders!

BTW, period started today, 2 weeks before my visit to the Castle. Maybe I should have a party, since it's my last one? Wonder if I can calculate how many I had in my lifetime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3belgdogs
I just thought I'd put in my worth. I've been doing the whole freak about the fact that someone will be cutting into me, will I have a normal sex life, will I ever get back to what I was before I was sick? Then I remind myself that if I keep thinking what if and have all these horrible thoughts running around in my head, then I'm more likely to make them happen, or even just cause myself to think they are happening. So think positive, don't think about the scary stuff and think about how awesome it will be to not have pain, no energy or depression anymore. That's my version of a pep talk. Hope it helps. Now I just have to use it on me!
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:29 AM

Oceandancer, that made me think. I may have another period before my castle visit late next week.

So I did a quick calculation and a rough estimate shows that I've had 585 periods over my life. That number somehow seems a little easier to take, rather than where I figure I have done this for 39 years now! Just for me, so OK, enough already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 10:35 AM

I don't want to know how many periods I have had, I am just glad that I have finished my last. Sorry Tampax, I cannot support you anymore!
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:53 AM

Just thinking about not having those big boxes of super maxi plus from Costco taking up all the room in my shopping cart makes me !!!!

I've not been able to use tampons for several years now w/o a pad to catch the glop that the tampon seems to miss. I'm giving my supplies away at my "Uterus Retirement Party" the week before the surgery.
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:03 AM

Great idea! I am planning my party too. My husband thinks I am weird. Too bad!
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:21 AM

I think I'll plan a tampon buring party with my best girlfriends.
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:27 AM

Hey girls,

We need to start a new thread "comedy" or "joke of the day". I don't know how but do have something funny to add.

I am so bored, sitting around my very messy house, knowing I must clean it, but don't want to.

I am schedule for surgery May 9th and my nerves have gotten the best of me. So in my boredom, I decided to play hairdresser. I am not a hairdresser, but did play one with my barbies a long time ago. I was tired of my style and color. (Did I mention that I have gained 40 pounds). Of course, in my opinion, my hair wasn't complimenting my now fat face, so I cut it and colored it.

I can now join American Idol and replace Sanjaya. I cannot sing but can entertain everyone with the hair.

IT IS PURPLE and I now have a MULLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was I thinking????

Any hair stylists out there? Please advise. I may have to pull a Brittany, and shave it all off.
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:29 AM

and here i thought i was the only woman in the world who used superplus tampons and overnight pads with wings at the same time! glad i'm not alone anymore!!
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:30 PM

jhdj, You are definitely not alone. When I was 16!!!! I would wear 2 super tampons plus a pad and maybe make it through 2 classes before the flood came. I feel your pain!! My very last period started today and I will not miss anything about it!! I am 46 and have had enough!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register