stupid things people say... - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stupid things people say... stupid things people say...

Unread 05-22-2007, 02:40 PM
stupid things people say...

I told my mother-in-law this past weekend that I was waiting to have the surgery scheduled. I was very nervous because DH & I were her only hope for a grandchild. We underwent many fertility treatments to no avail and 2 years ago, when DH turned 50, we promptly stopped.

She is so obsessed with having a biological grandchild that one day a few years back she called to tell me she found a surrogate for us We were never considering a surrogate.

Anyway, I knew she would take it bad...and she did. She cried and told me about all of the baby things she had made for us when we were married. She just couldn't get past the fact that this wasn't about her.

She has said many half-wit things to me regarding trying to conceive, but her all consuming "It's all about me" regarding my surgery really hurt.

She only confirmed why I chose to make her ringtone on my cell phone the Toby Keith song, "I wanna talk about me".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2007, 02:45 PM

Dear Charm -- isnt it amazing how people think it is about THEM? So sorry! As if you did not have enough on your shoulders. And the ringtone could be worse! A friend of mine has the Wicked Witch of the West on a bike theme play when his stepmother calls...
Unread 05-22-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalawoman
A friend of mine has the Wicked Witch of the West on a bike theme play when his stepmother calls...

Thanks for the !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2007, 05:27 PM

Okay, so help me come up with a ringtone for my mother--one of the people who is really only happy when life is miserable.

She calls every few days to tell me about her hyst at 30 and all the trouble she had (like I wasn't there?) and how nothing worked right afterwards and her energy went away and she can't do situps because they cut her stomach muscles, etc., and why is the doctor waiting so long, don't I know that thing is still growing....

Sheesh.

I tell her Mom, it's not cancer, the biopsy said so, and I'm not bleeding (and she says "Are you sure?" Am I sure I'm not bleeding? Oh, I should THINK I would notice that, MOM!) and I'm not really in pain, just sore and tired. Besides we need the time to get the house ready and pay the first round of bills.

You know, when my sister was pregnant the last time, she told Mom she wasn't going to talk to her until the baby was born.

Not a terrible idea...
Unread 05-22-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiadawg
Almost everyone I have told that I need to have a hysterectomy the first thing out of their mouth has been "oh, are you going to have a tummy tuck at the same time"....

Well, NO but now it occurs to me that everyone around thinks I need one.....................................Why don't they just call me a fatty??? And for the record~I'm not a size 4, but I'm not that big either!
Hey, that's how I'm thinking of it--like a tummy tuck the insurance will pay for!!
Unread 05-22-2007, 06:32 PM

[quote=Arlynn]Okay, so help me come up with a ringtone for my mother--one of the people who is really only happy when life is miserable.

How about "here's a quarter, call someone who cares!"

I'm sorry you all have to deal with these people and their comments. What happened to if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
Unread 05-22-2007, 07:00 PM

Well, haven't had much said to me yet but haven't really told many people other then family and a few at work that have to know. My SIL told me I should have uterian ablation. Ok.. I have endo.... THAT's not going to help. She started talking about it would help my fibroids... ummm... don't have fibroids so you can tell how much she's paid attention to me over the past 3 years. You know.. since I'm not good enough for her brother.. never have been.. I'm the bread winner of the house but I'm not good enough... freakin' pain in the toe. That's about it. My sisters aren't really talking to me about it.. not that I'm surprised.. I have 4 of them and the oldest one can't discuss anything that happens to anyone since she had cancer 6 years ago... apparently we weren't there to support her enough (not that we wouldn't of.. she blocked everyone out and wouldn't even return phone calls). So needless to say I guess there are idiots all around huh?
Unread 05-22-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by df323
Well, haven't had much said to me yet but haven't really told many people other then family and a few at work that have to know. My SIL told me I should have uterian ablation. Ok.. I have endo.... THAT's not going to help. She started talking about it would help my fibroids... ummm... don't have fibroids so you can tell how much she's paid attention to me over the past 3 years. You know.. since I'm not good enough for her brother.. never have been.. I'm the bread winner of the house but I'm not good enough... freakin' pain in the toe. That's about it. My sisters aren't really talking to me about it.. not that I'm surprised.. I have 4 of them and the oldest one can't discuss anything that happens to anyone since she had cancer 6 years ago... apparently we weren't there to support her enough (not that we wouldn't of.. she blocked everyone out and wouldn't even return phone calls). So needless to say I guess there are idiots all around huh?
I had the uterian ablation for fibroids and It did not work!!!

mshowdy
Unread 05-23-2007, 03:38 AM

[quote=Sandbox49]
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlynn
Okay, so help me come up with a ringtone for my mother--one of the people who is really only happy when life is miserable.

How about "here's a quarter, call someone who cares!"

I'm sorry you all have to deal with these people and their comments. What happened to if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
She thinks she is being nice.
Unread 05-23-2007, 06:32 AM

Arlynn! I have your ringtone! Elton John's "The *** is back".

The ablation was ruled out for me. My fibroids are protruding (not to mention INtruding!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register