stupid things people say... - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stupid things people say... stupid things people say...

Unread 08-17-2007, 12:54 PM
stupid things people say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litha
I have several...

"So... you are going from a SUV to a sports car? wink wink"

"oh you are havng a hysterectomy? The hyster is next to the gull bladder right? "

"No more pms huh? What are you going to use as an excuse to be a Please do not override the website censor. now ?"

"Dont worry about not having kids, you can borrow mine as often as you want"

"So are you going to grow a beard and start wearing mens clothes too ??" ( this person thought a hysterectomy was a sex change surgery)

There are more.. but thats all I can remember right now. I dont get upset by this stuff anymore.

Okay, the sex change change comment was funny. Maybe not yet, but it will be.

You should get a Santa beard and a men's suit from Goodwill or just smear your jaw and lip with eyeliner and go visit that one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 01:25 PM

[quote=Litha]I have several...

"So... you are going from a SUV to a sports car? wink wink"

"oh you are havng a hysterectomy? The hyster is next to the gull bladder right? "

"No more pms huh? What are you going to use as an excuse to be a Please do not override the website censor. now ?"

"Dont worry about not having kids, you can borrow mine as often as you want"

"So are you going to grow a beard and start wearing mens clothes too ??" ( this person thought a hysterectomy was a sex change surgery)

Why don't they have a herterectomy so they'll understand better!!
Unread 08-17-2007, 01:25 PM

Soon after my DIL had her hysterectomy, she got a dog. When I saw the dog for the first time I asked her husband, "Is it a male or female?"

My DIL's mouth dropped open when her husband replied: "The pup used to be female, then we got her snorfleed."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 06:48 AM

A friend of mine refers to herself as "a better pet" since her hysterectomy.

Don't sweat it. Beat them to it.
Unread 08-29-2007, 03:38 PM
What a hoot!

Reading this thread was wonderful. It really helped me gain some humor on the situation. I haven't had my surgery yet, but I am amazed how many people have seriously asked me if I just wanted to do this, or if I 'had to'.

My business partner is determined that I'll only be out for two weeks despite the fact that I'm having bladder repair as well as the hyst.

I'm sure I'll survive. I'll be waiting for the smarty comments post-op. Won't they be surprised when I bust into laughter as an answer! I'm certain to remember this thread the whole time
Unread 08-30-2007, 04:59 AM

My motto is "Why be the offended one? Strike first!!"
Unread 08-30-2007, 10:35 AM

Well, not to change the subject from hytserectomies but I went for my annual check up and the dr was doing a breast exam and as he was examing me I said to him "They went South" I almost busted myself up laughing. Then when I went to have my staples taken out from the hysterectomy and after the dr was finished I said with a sigh wow that felt like you were plucking hairs out. He said he was one by one. We both laughed. Sometimes you just have to lilghten up and not be so serious.
Unread 08-30-2007, 12:35 PM

After my hyst everyone has been so happy for me and so helpful. Everyone tells me how much better I look and how happy I am. So far the only comment I've recieved from was from my adult nephew who said I don't look mad anymore.
I looked in the mirror and understood what he meant. That pinched look to my expression from being in constant pain was gone.
Unread 11-14-2007, 07:02 AM
Things people have said to you ...

I thought we could all use a giggle today.
What are the dumb things poeple have said to you regarding your surgery?

Mine was from my MIL - she told my honey that I would be fine and be back to normal in a week or so because her brother had just had the same surgery and he was fine. (she must have thought hernia)
Unread 11-14-2007, 07:11 AM

let him take everything out while he's in there

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register