stupid things people say... - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stupid things people say... stupid things people say...

Unread 11-14-2007, 10:51 AM
stupid things people say...

Well, if you have to have cancer, this is the one to have.

It didn't take me no 6 weeks to heal. (comment to my hubby)

You probably don't need company for Thanksgiving. Why don't you travel 4 hrs to our house. (this has changed.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluv2digiscrap

My friend, when I declined a weekend concert trip @ 9.5 weeks post-op: "Stop being so @#[email protected]#! pessimistic!"
Isn't it GREAT to have friends? LOL
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:38 AM

A coworker: Make sure you milk this as long as possible, I felt fine in just 4 weeks but I milked it for 14-16 weeks. I didn't lift a finger, cook, clean, do laundry or do one single thing the whole time.

My reply: Yes, wasn't that when your husband started his affair? (It was)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDee2
My reply: Yes, wasn't that when your husband started his affair? (It was)
BWA HA HAAAAA!!!! You are SO wrong!!!
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM

A comment from a co-worker:
"I had my hysterectomy a few years ago and about 2 weeks after that I had a weird sensation and went to the restroom. I reached down and found a huge buldge coming out of me....it was my bladder. After that everything else was cake"

OMG - My pre-op appointment is tomorrow and you can bet I am talking to the doctor about a bladder tack. As if 11 days to prepare for this was not scarey enough - now bladders are falling out? Heaven help me!
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenlymoody
A comment from a co-worker:
"I had my hysterectomy a few years ago and about 2 weeks after that I had a weird sensation and went to the restroom. I reached down and found a huge buldge coming out of me....it was my bladder. After that everything else was cake"

OMG - My pre-op appointment is tomorrow and you can bet I am talking to the doctor about a bladder tack. As if 11 days to prepare for this was not scarey enough - now bladders are falling out? Heaven help me!
WHAT?? Now you've got me wondering too! Maybe I should post the question...
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:01 PM

My pre-op is also on the 19th and I was wondering the same thing about fasting but figured if my dr. didnt' tell me by now, it was unnecessary. She also hasn't said anything about bowel prep or eating a liquid only diet the day before, so I think I'm home free on that!
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:07 PM

oops...not sure why I accidentally replied here LOL...sorry! Should have been on another thread. I'm a dork. :P
Unread 11-18-2007, 01:19 PM

Okay, I just had my TAH and the bladder one has me laughing so hard that I am sure my stitches have popped, I don't know that just struck me funny!! Anyways, the funniest thing came from my mom here is the conversation:
Me: mom I just got back from the Dr. and I am going to have a hyster. in Novemeber.
Mom: (after a deep breath) well you aren't going to be able to have an orgasm now how do you feel about that?
Me: Mom, do you have any ideas how your parts work?
Mom: yes, and the cervix is what causes an orgasm.

I hung up called my grandmother, and told her she needs to call my mom and discuss the birds and the bees again.
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:55 PM

A co-worker of mine went out on med-leave for her hyster. I was having the same problems as she was, and she knew I was scheduled for a consult with my surgeon during her leave. When she returned, I asked her how she was doing, and she went into a 10 minute tirade about how awful everything is (she is very pessimistic and loves drama). She said, "never ever get this surgery" (BTW....weeks later and she's happy that she had the surgery). When she was done, she asked, "And what's going on with you?", and said, "I'm having my hyster on 11/30", LOL!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register