stupid things people say... - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stupid things people say... stupid things people say...

Unread 03-08-2008, 05:47 PM
stupid things people say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maume3
.... and then had to explain that the eggs didnt just drop out of my vagina now when I ovulate (guess she thought I was a hen or something...lol)
Well that started me off again

I'm sure most of us have been told how 'lucky' we are not to have another period again. Having had period trouble for 28 years, I wouldn't define myself as 'lucky'. I do feel fortunate that I was able to have a hysterectomy and hopefully enjoy a healthier, happier life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 12:51 PM

this was something I said to my DR after she told me I needed the hysterectomy. (had three c-sections)

Well DR I told you that I should have had a zipper put in

She could not stop laughing!!!
Unread 03-14-2008, 04:08 AM

Me: so when are you expecting me to take up this new position.
Boss: When are you off for your surgery?
Me: 26 March
Boss: I want you to take over from the beginning of April
Me: You realise I will still be off work then.
Boss: Oh yeah.

Alison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 06:03 PM

all i have to say i needed the laugh...but my partner was crying and asked her why, she said cause after my surgery i wont love her anymore, since i wont have estogen and shes gonna have to pack and move out after i'm healed!!..wanting to know what really seperates me from the male and my lifestyle feelings..I just shook my head LOL
Unread 03-17-2008, 03:40 AM

Wow. Yep that's about all that separates all of us. Just a bit of estrogen and the odd body part apparently. If only it were that simple.

What's really annoying is going for my pre-op appt today and finding that I'm not having da vinci surgery after all when my surgeon is the only guy in Australia qualified to do it.
Unread 03-17-2008, 11:35 AM
hi

How are you?? So why aren't you getting the davinci? I had the LAVTH if thats right cant get lingo,not the davinci, i had the doc. What really is the difference bewteen the 2 other than the robot, sorry to sound ignorant, still trying to grasp it all. I 2 week post-op tomorrow sooo excited to get out of the house. Well here if you wanna talk, but it will be ok. Have a good day.
Unread 03-17-2008, 01:44 PM

What is so annoying is I got put on the list without the Da Vinci robot after my Dr had gone on and on about how much better it was as it corrects tremor in the surgeon's hands and gives the surgeon heaps better visual etc and has a quicker recovery time because less blood loss. So I was all psyched up for it. When I found out I was on his other list for LSH and robot not available on the day I am scheduled I asked if I could switch lists to have the Da Vinci. Was told I could if I changed my surgery date to week in April or May. Problem is I am booked for a trip to Europe on 4 May so if I change the date I have not a snowflake's chance in hell of still going on my trip. If I cancel my trip I lose a very big hunk of money and wont be able to afford to go and my husband also is not allowed to change his hols once they are scheduled so that will be the end of my Italy Dream! (Again) Very annoying! So am now psyching myself up for the surgery without the robot and hoping for the best.

Its encouraging to know you will get out of the house tomorrow. Let me know how you go. I am really determined to get on that plane on 4 May which will be 5.5 weeks after the surgery. So God willing it happens. If not, looks like I will be spending my recovery watching 3 Coins in a Fountain, Roman Holiday and Under the Tuscan sun but not getting to experience it! (I know this is not the end of the world in the bigger picture but it will be soooo disappointing to again not get to Italy!)
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:09 PM

This isn't about surgery but it is about a "woman's issue" so I thought it would be okay to put it here. I went for a mammogram today -- everything is fine -- and I had to have a diagnostic one because six months ago I had an abnormal baseline. The tech was a very nice woman. She explained that she wanted to take a couple of magnified shots of the abnormality previously found. To do that she had to press my breast between a magnifying lens and the pad the breast had to lie on...and I mean press it! Imagine the usual squish concentrated on a smaller area and you'll get the picture. So there I was, with my breast smashed under glass and what seemed like tons of pressure, and as the tech was getting ready to snap the picture she said, "Now don't go anywhere." Don't go anywhere? Where the heck am I going to go with this 1000 pound vise attached to my breast? I realized a moment later that she meant "don't move" but until then I had a mental picture of me trying to drag the mammo machine down the hospital corridor with it still clamped on my poor, smashed breast. Believe me, at that point moving was the last thing on my mind!
Unread 04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
things people have said

too funny about the mammogram.
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:42 AM

For me post up at 6 weeks the nurse who is holding my file and says so your here for a post op, wants to know my last period . .

and in the er the nurse asked what they took, i told her she said so you cant have any more kids, i wanted to say sure i can who needs a uterus to have kids lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register