stupid things people say... - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stupid things people say... stupid things people say...

Unread 04-13-2008, 09:43 AM
stupid things people say...

I have to agree this one is fun subject...so i go into my docs office on a er visit havent been feeling well fever for a few days,pain in the incision..anyway he walks in and looks at me for a second pokes at my belly and says this nothing has to do with your surgery(mind you the last 3 visits i got the same answer & yes he performed it) he says are you resting i said yes of course, he sits next to me pokes the side i have pain on again..and says i'm not impressed! you need another doctor this has nothing to do with your surgery..I just looked at my nurse and busted out laughing (or crying i chose laughing) can some one please explain what i'm not impressed means?? I wanted to scream your not impressed imagine how i feel?..As for period questions i get so many right down to does that mean you can just use a junior tampon now? LMAO i said yeah sure if they left me enough room after my cuff, they said is that what holds your period? LOL ( again i said yeah thats my cup)I do have to say i did have to go the ER the next day after the visit we call the paramedics as i cant move and screaming..they get there (before i the phone we told them i couldnt breathe so they said breathe slowly---ok i will try i'm thinking as i cant breathe)they come into my room, i'm on my side hysterical with pains shooting up my side and in my back i'm trying to tell them i cant breathe They tell me ok you need to get up so we can lay you on the gerny! If i could talk i wanted to ask them should i drive the ambulance too? theres 6 of them mind you,so they start a conversation saying maybe kidney stones or goldbladder stones and go on tell each other how one had 6 of them and on on --i think they forgot i was there screaming. Finally i'm in my roommate told them i just had a hysterectomy..they ask me any chance i could be pregnant? so lets skip the rest of that one..in the er i had 3 ivs cause no one knew what they were doing.my nurse comes back and says we think you have a kidney infection blah blah, the doctor comes in and says i think your endo is back but you can return to work in 2 days and discharged me with pelvic pain..all the while i said i still cant breathe she said just take antibiotics you'll be ok, no pain meds needed..then she said and your gyn only knows how do deliver babies, get a new doctor. that was 10 hours later..no testes other than blood work. My favorite question is "why are you here"So i have to laugh at the ignornance out there cause if not i would loose my marbles..that was a week ago still in bed.The follow up doctor i called said oh you needed to call within 2 days this is the third we cant see you. I said did you think maybe i couldnt use a phone for the 2 days i'm still in pain. Well next time have someone call for you.Thanks for all the funny other stories i needed a good laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2008, 08:19 PM

i wore a brand new top to work today. one of those new styled ones that have a band right under the breasts and v neck, hope you know what i mean. i got many compliments on it at work because it fits me so nice. well, i get home from work and say to my DH " look at my new shirt" showing it off like a model, all happy and everything l (i am still in bed by the time he goes to work, so he never sees my outfit till i get home) and guess what he says about it " you look like your pregnant in that shirt" well, i was very insulted and upset. first of all, why would you make that remark to someone you know CAN'T EVER BE PREGNANT. and 2nd of all, my own DH was the only person that said something about it that i consider negative. well, of course after he knows he hurt my feelings, he says he was only making a joke. anytime men hurt your feelings, they all say they're only joking, right ? well, next thing was from my mother...she liked the shirt but when i told her what my DH said about it, she comes off with "well, at least you can LOOK like you're pregnant. .. ha ha ha ha.
glad to know my shirt provided some amusement to my family tonight.
Unread 04-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Thinking

Dont you just wish people would think before they speak, there should be some kind of senser that bleeps them out kinda like they do on TV!!! OMG that would be great...I just got new insurance and have no card yet, but had my group number,plan number and phone number...Now we all know a docs office can get info alot quicker than we can. I had my 6 week check up we cant help you, you need to R/S i said i will not i had to lug here and you can get the info...she says than that means i have to call you should of brought the card or number--i said hello if i recieved it or had it dont you think i would of..i'm greatful i have insurance as 2 weeks ago when i was here i didnt!! Too make a long story short i tried calling the number myself of course got disconnected twice, then i used the office phone and got it in less than 5 minutes..gave her a look and said here..at the end of my visit checking out she says ok heres what your insurance covers birth control,maternity,etc etc inreference to kids with a co-pay of $35, I looked at her and seriously??? i 'm here for my 6 wk post op from my LAVH!!!!!! Thankgod i woke up and told myself it was going to be a no nonsense day...cause i could of easliy burst into tears...After that she laughs and says oh i guess you dont need that than and theres no charge for today cause its your post op. basically they didnt even need the insurance info anyway. Boy did that have me heated for awhile..As for the shirt i know what your talking about i bought a few of those and few dresses like that cause they are comfortable and cute, i wear them with my stretch pants..so keep wearing them and feel faboulous!! Have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 11:55 AM

Here's one for ya.
Me: Mom, I have to have a hysterectomy because my cervix has some really bad cells growing on it and they need to remove it.
Mom: So why are they taking your uterus too?

My favorite was the waiver though, one of the possible side effects of hysterectomy was Sterility. I looked up at the nurse and said "Ya think????"
Unread 04-30-2008, 09:19 AM

A week after I got home from the hospital my father-in-law asked why I didn't want to drive 3 hours for dinner? Hummm.

A cousin-Well you didn't look sick why have a hyster? Humm it wasn't a hint that I couldn't walk due to pain & was bleeding 5 weeks at a time? I also had one surgery for endo & it came back worse than before.

DH-made a comment about the long recovery. I said lets cut open your penis take out some parts stich it back up & see your running around doing housework a few days later. He hasn't made anymore comments. LOL

DH-We are driving in the car I'm in the middle of a hot flash...red face, hair up, sweating buckets, window cracked, fanning my face & he says can you turn the heat up. I yelled NO! I'm not sure if he'll make it through the week, LOL!
Unread 04-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Omg

LOL @ DH...the things people say are just amazing to me, i just can't really take it anymore...i'm with you on the hot flashes!!!! they start from toes and then i feel the hairline heat up along with the top of my lip and straight down my back...My household keeps turning the AC off, in the middle of the night!! that is asking for a war, or the devil to come of my eyes when i have to get up, aggravating cause i've been flipping like a fish all night to get comfortable and when i do i'm hot!! My DD keeps forgetting and here is week 8 she has once again asked me for tampons...i think i might post a sign on the frig..what do you think??and long and behold my surgery a recovery must never exisited, as i still being asked to do all the things i can not yet..Just imagine in Fl the 90 degree weather..your face red (hot flash) hair sticking to your cheeks...and they say ohh dear did you get sunburned? nope just looking for the local air conditioning unit. Have a great day xoxo
Unread 04-30-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somelena

My favorite was the waiver though, one of the possible side effects of hysterectomy was Sterility.
I loved that one too!!

The one that keeps driving me NUTS is my sister keeps comparing my hysterectomy to her C-section. Now, mind you... this is no offense to those of you who have had both, as I have no idea if it is similar or not. But I want to yell and scream at my sister saying it is NOTHING like it. It's about as opposite as you can get in my mind!!! (I'm probably too sensitive about it.)
Unread 04-30-2008, 04:43 PM

Ok here's my shirt story. I went and bought a few new summer tops the other day, fitted around the top and flowing around the waist (to disguise my swelly belly). My aunt who knows I had a hyster and had one herself about 15 years ago asks how I'm doing when I ran into her. I say good just a bit sore and swollen. She says you look great, and isn't it great that those maternity looking tops are in fashion this season! Ugh, she knows how i'm feeling cuz she's been there, I went home and cried. Here's another thing my in laws are upset with us because we haven't driven the 30 minutes to visit that we usually do every sat for dinner, i just don't feel up to it, they exhaust me enough without being exhausted from surgery, my father in law and sis in law are like "what's the problem it's no different than your sis in law's c sections, and she was out and about 3 days after, when are you going to be normal again?" I don't know when or if I'll be normal again, but I'd rather hang out with people who don't push me to go places or do things i don't feel up to yet, why can't people just let us recover at our own pace and back off? Ok, maybe i'm just having a grumpy day, I did alot of house work yesterday and today i'm paying for it. It's nice to have this place to vent my frustrations, I really think it's saving my DH from being screamed at when he walks thru the door after work everyday, lol. have a great evening ladies!
Unread 05-02-2008, 01:25 PM

I haven't even had surgery yet and I have a good one...

Me: So, due to my surgery we'll have to come up with a plan to cover my job for 6 weeks.

Boss: Can't we just send somone to come pick you up?

As if my biggest concern is the "no driving" rule...

Men...
Unread 05-02-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Venus
"what's the problem it's no different than your sis in law's c sections, and she was out and about 3 days after, when are you going to be normal again?"
Jenn,

TOTALLY! I'm really tired of this being compared to a c-section. My sister was grilling me on why I have a lifting restriction for 6 weeks. She was like "after MY c-section, I didn't have a lifting restriction, I had to be able to pick up my daughter, why do YOU have a restriction?"

Grrrrrrr.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register