How are my March 30th Sisters holding up? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are my March 30th Sisters holding up? How are my March 30th Sisters holding up?

Unread 03-25-2007, 01:16 AM
How are my March 30th Sisters holding up?

I am having a TAH BSO....so maybe the bowel prep is different for abdominal surgeries than it is for vaginal.
That is probably the reason why you dont need a bowel prep.
But ask your doctor anyway. It will make you feel less stressed.

I just called him on Friday with a bunch of questions. I saved them up and made one phone call. WE always end up playing phone tag bec he returns my calls while I am in class and we are not allowed to use cell phones there. So it took me a week to catch him/him to catch me. By then I had added more questions.

Ok..I am babbling...sorry...it's my nerves.

Let me know what he says.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2007, 07:22 AM

I'm having a TAH/BSO - same as Lisa. That might be why our bowl prep is more intense than yours. I've seen plenty of posts here where ladies don't have ANY prep. I think it's probably based on your physician's preference.

I had a list of questions too. I called my doc's office on Friday to ask them... (a note for work to make my short term disability effective March 30th, whether or not they'd give me a tummy band thing [yes], if I could have a private room [no]... and if I can take a xanex before going to the hospital since my surgery isn't until 2 p.m. [no!]).

Don't worry. If it makes you feel better, call them and ask. This might be a good sign in that they don't feel your surgery will be as invasive as ours! (The glass is half full, right?!)

Tracey
Unread 03-25-2007, 10:45 AM

Thanks Tracey. I really appreciate all the support. I will be calling the doctors office tomorrow with my list of questions.
Yes, the glass is half-full.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2007, 07:41 PM

I've been thinking about all of you.... How are you? Is everyone home from the castle? Do tell.... I'm concerned!

Just remember... the worst is over!
Unread 04-04-2007, 03:33 PM

Doing better than I thought. Out of hospital Saturday 2:30pm. Very tired but getting stronger each day. Small bowel problem but quickly fixed with fleets enema(talked to doctors office and they recommended). Still feeling crampy but overall well...How are you doing? I was thinking of all the March 30th Ladies too....And yes, the worst is over...it's only uphill from here.....Take care, Cathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register