POST-OP JITTERS tonite. Seeking CALM | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

POST-OP JITTERS tonite.  Seeking CALM POST-OP JITTERS tonite. Seeking CALM

Unread 03-25-2007, 12:20 AM
POST-OP JITTERS tonite. Seeking CALM

Hello Ladies.. I have been a longtime reader and not=ever poster until now..but just want to say how inspiring and encouraging this site has been. I am a News Anchor in Atlanta who has known for 'years' that action was required for my growing fibroids but didn't have the nerve until March 15th to do anything about them. My TAH went great and the doctors have become so proficient in helping patients to manage pain that mine was never - ever severe. My path report showed that I had 20 -- count em', 20 fibroids with a uterus that weighed 1368 grams. I'm told a 'normal' uterus is about 70 grams. My doctor said "darlin, you had a literal sack of potatoes there". LOL Thanks for all of your stories and best of luck with your recoveries. I can't sleep tonite and my legs are feeling a bit jittery. Just took a pain pill so that I can perhaps relax a bit and fall asleep. Have a sweet nite/day and hope to communicate more -- soon. Peace!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2007, 12:37 AM

Hi Elle4Peace

I am glad to hear that you are feeling good about your decision. I too did the "wait and see" for five years. Five years of Hell - and it's amazing what you put up with and what becomes your "normal". Afterwards (ie post-op in my case), I look back and simply cannot believe what I would go through three out of four weeks, year in year out. Ridiculous! I am nearly there recovery wise (hope hope!) and am looking forward to getting my life back and making the most of every day.

I hope you can get some sleep tonight and wishing you a smooth recovery. You are right, this is a very special place for support and advice from wonderful women helping each other.

All the best
MP.
Unread 03-25-2007, 12:59 AM

Hi Elle, So glad you are happy with your decision. I too had fibroids but only 6. I am happy I am done with the anemia, heavy bleeding but my post op is taking longer than expected. I just keep saying summer is coming and by that time I will be feeling great. The women on this site are terrific and I feel I have made many friends. I hope you get some sleep tonight. I will be trying to go soon. Take care.
Nanette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2007, 02:30 AM

Hello Elle,

Glad to hear you’re happy with your decision. My doctor said my uterus was so packed with fibroids it looked like a lemon tree. After that description, I knew I made the right decision. I'm looking forward to a complete recovery, so that I can get on with my life. I've been pretty much house bound for the last four weeks, with short trips to the market and my grand daughters dance class. Pretty much my anemia has control over my days, so I only do what my energy level allows. The good news is I know that each hour that passes is an hour closer to better health.

Here's to good health!
Unread 03-25-2007, 12:23 PM

Hello Elle!! Glad to hear you are doing well and that you made a wise decision in going forward with this surgery.
I waited apprx.3 years TOooooo long and I'm very happy with my decision.
I'm back at work,however I must admit I do feel awfully tired at the end of the day.This too will pass along with all the other milestones we have encountered.
I love your positive vibes and keep on sharing them because sometimes reading happy thoughts helps even the most discouraged sister to feel better about it all!!!

Happy healing to you and I hope the sun is shinning for all of us today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register