Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 100 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 04-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Hi ... joining in to gripe about uncooperative teens. My 2 sons and DH were great ... for almost 4 weeks. I now believe that is the "statute of limitations" on moms being "out of commission." They think that because I can work (I started a new job yesterday) that everything is back to normal and they're complaining about everything they're asked to do. Younger DS actually accused me of "milking this for all it's worth" when he had to accompany me to the WalMart Super Center to push the cart and load groceries into the car. Groceries, which I might add, that are for HIS comsumption this week!

Okay, now in addition to prayers for healing I'm praying for patience. And for the steadfastness to not to anything to set back my recovery no matter how much my family complains ... of how many crumbs are on the kitchen floor.

Heading upstairs to put heat on my "swelly belly." Hope you all have a good night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 06:55 PM

Good evening Sisters,

I went to the dr. today over my incession and he just cut the stitch and sent me on my way. From the way Healthlink talks about her dr. I think we have the same doc.

Anyway thursday will be 4 wks for me and actually I fell pretty good. I think I will join in on my 1st softball game on friday. YaaaHoooooooo
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:05 PM

well you all sound like you all are recoverying well....I am too .although i still have lots of Abdominal Pain I dont know why my tummy is still really tender and i have very bad sudden pains they come and they Go weird I might Add... I am doing normal stuff But I too tire out soooo easily but Yes its getting better
and for those of you who like me are still experiencing pain Just hag in there it will get better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistful
When I called my mom to tell her I was on the way home, she said she just didn't understand why I was still so tired (she had a TAH when she was 35, but she's 62 now). I'm almost 10 years older than she was when she had her surgery, and she didn't have to go back to work (she never worked outside the home).
Mona - I am also tired after not doing much. I am still not driving, but I did do some banking and stopped at the pharmacy for Metamucil fiber wafers. That's how I'm keeping myself regular (I also need to eat a little better to help keep me regular.) and the cinnamon flavor wafers are like eating cookies (which I am trying not to do so the wafer is a treat! LOL). I came home from just doing that and took a 2 hour nap. I went grocery shopping with my DD tonight and I will probably go to sleep early!

Theresa - I am definitely making mental notes to be there for others I know when they go through this process. The first thing I will tell them about is this site. It is so helpful.

LSM - I'm hoping I can fly to Vegas on May 13. I am meeting several family members (especially my niece) and I'm hoping the plane ride is not too much. That will be at 6 weeks. I will also have to remember to rest and not go, go, go, which is kinda what you want to do in Vegas because it is open all night. I will have to make myself go back to the room and take a nap each day.

Music Teacher - I know I will be wiped when I come home at night from work. I know we are so behind already, but I will go at my own pace, which will still be faster than others in the office. I plan on coming home and going to bed early, too. I just hope because I'm back to work that everyone at work and at home won't think I'm totally back to normal.

Unfortunately, I cannnot use the swelly belly band because I have bandages over my abdominal incision. Some of the numbness is going away and a dull pain is now there. I'm hoping to start weaning myself off the medication this weekend. I think I will take the Ibuprofen during the day and a percocet at night to help me sleep if needed. I really hope that works, 1) because I want to get off of the meds and 2) because I want to save some of the percocet for Vegas in case I need them there more than here with all the walking I'll be doing. I'm hoping to be off all meds after first week of weaning. I know that sounds contradictory but it's how it is right now.
Unread 04-24-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicTeacher
... Younger DS actually accused me of "milking this for all it's worth".....
OMG!!! I can totally hear my 13 yo DS saying that to me! DH has really taken the brunt of my lapse in HH involvement and kept most of the xtras from falling to the DKs. DH is the glue that keeps this house together and when he had his stroke on new years eve a lot fell to the kids b/c of my job being so emotionally demanding and time consuming. They didn't deserve to be hit with a double whammy. They pretty much do whatever I ask them to do (especially the 13 yo who's still on "house arrest" mom style for his 4/6 stunt) but those are typically one-timers - bring me the phone, the remote, get me some water, fend for yourself for dinner, hand me that pen, switch that laundry load, etc. But that's no different than pre-op! I guess I'm pretty demanding and high maintenance by nature.

Welcome to the coffee house, MT and good luck on your new job. I think I recall you talking about it on another thread. They know your situation, right? Don't overdo it to impress the new boss, especially if they are aware of your recent surgery!

Jay, the Ally/Emily strip show was a little creepy, but ended nicely, I thought too.

Won't get to see any of my shows tomorrow -- maybe I'll tape them. My doc's appt. is at 10 and DH and I are gonna go shop for carpet (again) after. Won't be home 'til 3 to pick DKs up from school.

AI was awesome!!! My top 4 (in order of favoritism) are Blake (even tho tonight wasn't his real style); Melinda; Chris; Jordin. After tonight - I think I'm ready for Lakisha to go. Phil really did a nice job.

Now I'm just waiting to find out who's going home on DWTS... nail-biter! (haha)

The Bachelor was good last night. He's keeping the right girls (IMO). Bevin's my pick right now - followed by Tess.

TOO MUCH TV....... Time for summer reruns!!!!!!!!

colls
Unread 04-24-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk87
well you all sound like you all are recoverying well....I am too .although i still have lots of Abdominal Pain I dont know why my tummy is still really tender and i have very bad sudden pains they come and they Go weird I might Add... I am doing normal stuff But I too tire out soooo easily but Yes its getting better
and for those of you who like me are still experiencing pain Just hag in there it will get better
I understand those sudden pains so well! I will be going along just fine and then - WOW! - it's like being pinched really hard without warning! I've even dropped things I was carrying, it takes me by such surprise. I told my husbnd that I could deal with constant pain better than the come and go stabbing. At least then you know what to expect!
Unread 04-25-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM63
I understand those sudden pains so well! I will be going along just fine and then - WOW! - it's like being pinched really hard without warning! I've even dropped things I was carrying, it takes me by such surprise. I told my husbnd that I could deal with constant pain better than the come and go stabbing. At least then you know what to expect!
Excuse me if I'm off base, but it sounds like the pains I have in my remaining ovary. I've been into the doctor twice now to fully investigate the pain (ultrasounds, C/T scans, labwork, etc). My doctor's conclusion was that the ovary, which does have stitches in it, is just recovering from the operation. I actually have a tube shape protruding from my belly exactly where the ovary/tube is. I'll be fine for a week and then it starts again - that same stabbing, startling pain you describe. And I, too, wonder whether I'd prefer constant pain to these surprise attacks!

Once your doctor has ruled out the dangerous conditions (infection, torsion, etc), we just wait to see if the ovary settles down and recovers in the months to come. I do know that I want the ovary there and functioning, so I will have to be patient. Hey, at least the thing is working, albeit painfully.
Unread 04-25-2007, 06:41 AM

From what you all are describing I'm glad my dr. and myself elected not to keep either one of my ovaries.

I do hope everyones pain subsides soon. Each day is a new beginning and we just have to take it as it comes and wait for the sun to raise and set for the next day. I know from my experiences that I will be glad when I don't have to see my doc for a year. I sure never thought that this surgery would be this difficult, but I would do it again in a heart beat than to live the way I was pre-hyster......
Unread 04-25-2007, 07:06 AM

Fnnyface – the first paragraph of your last post sounds almost as if I could have written it. Appears we’re sort of at the same stage in our recovery.

TK wrote: “I think its human nature to not understand how someone feels when they look fine on the outside. Part of me resents having to advocate for myself, but who else will do it?!?”, and “Another trick is to wear the swelly belly band over my clothes, for all to see. Or maybe I should take a photo of my incision and make it into a photo button to wear...”

TK – You hit the nail on the head. No one else really understands, unless they have actually gone through it, and then I think it varies from person to person (that’s why we’re individuals, right?). I had to laugh at the comment about the photo button…I’m feeling like I need something similar to “wear” outwardly for everyone at work when I return. I dread all the “How are you doing?” questions, because I’m sure the first few days, I’ll want to say, “I feel like crap”, but I’ll just have to smile, and say “Fine, thanks”.

LSM and Healthlink – glad to hear you’re both improving!

Distracted – hope you’re doing better today!

Jayhawk wrote: “People recover differently at different paces.”… “I did light shopping for 15 minutes. I was wiped out and had 2 hot flashes while I was out!” Thank you for the reminder! I see I’m not the only one feeling this way.

For anyone I missed, it wasn’t intentional, and lots of to everyone!!! Getting ready to run a couple of errands and on to my 4 week post-op this afternoon. I’ll try to post an update this evening.
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:06 AM

[quote=wistful I dread all the “How are you doing?” questions, because I’m sure the first few days, I’ll want to say, “I feel like crap”, but I’ll just have to smile, and say “Fine, thanks”.[/QUOTE]

When I return to work, I fully intend to say "I feel like crap" when/if I feel like crap. No need to give my staff any false sense that I'm at 100% b/c then they'll expect 110%. Lucky for me, I work with a bunch of women, half of which have had hysterectomies and totally get it.

I'm on the way to my 4 week check-up as we speak. My big ?? Why does it still hurt when I sneeze?

Chat later. Have a great day ladies.

colls

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register